Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How soon did you go HT?

Hi all,

Id love to know how soon you went forward with HT after having your last baby. I am 17 weeks pg (due in oct) and hoping to do ivf pgd aug next year. Did you find that once your baby was born that you didn't want to go ahead with pgd quite as soon as you thought? or perhaps you were straight onto the pretesting once baby arrived?! Just be interested to see how my emotions might pan out as so far the knowledge of doing pgd has definitely helped me deal with my gd. But perhaps i will feel differently once he's here!
    2007 2010 2012 2015

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Before I had my baby I knew I would be doung PGD for the next one. But I waited until baby was 21/2 yrs before starting.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks. Would love to know reasons too for why anyone waited.... financial, too much to juggle, gd was less....
    2007 2010 2012 2015

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i was going to do it! after dd6 was born i kinda went crazy. i begged dh for ht or adoption. and i started to save. every single penny went into my savings account. dh started sniffing around and saw how much i saved. he said, "let's take the girls on vacation!" i said no. we fought and fought and in the end i felt like i was taking away from my daughters by not sharing with them. so we went on vacation. omg it was amazing and just what we needed. i made wonderful memories instead of failed ht cycles full of tears. i have photo albums to share for generations and not money spent on fertility drugs that may do more harm then good. plus i watched my daughters. we played together. i learned to love my family full of girls. i was proud of them.

when we got home i threw out all the suppliments and books and opks everything. i enjoyed sex with my husband again, it wasn't a chore to make a boy anymore. within a month i was pregnant with my son. sometimes taking a step back and being happy with what i was given makes me think that was all i needed. but then again i had 7 daughters trying to get this boy and 3 miscarriages. maybe it was just my turn finally? but gd does go away, its hard to see that when your kids are so small but trust me once they get a little older it dosen't matter anymore. now i care more about science fair projects and homework then whats in my daughters diaper.
    x5
    x2 dd#6 lost an identical twin sister and dd 5 lived in my arms for 2 hours
    2012!! he's finally here!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm thinking about HT for No.4. I'm 23 weeks pregnant and it's a girl. I'm in disbelief.
    DH is against, but he'll come around.
    I think to give it a go when this baby turns 1 or so, bcos we need some time to save money and I'm not sure how I'll handle 2 kids with a small age gap.
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    girlmom, i actually just read your story on another thread earlier today... absolutely fantastic! Mind you, if it had gone the other way.... and thats a risk im just not willing to take. Id rather stick at 3 boys than chance 4 naturally. Don't get me wrong, i LOVE boys its just that the reason i would get pg again is because i want a girl. So happy it worked for you though!

Zivic, sounds like we are in similar positions then, just opposite genders and you are a few weeks ahead. I too worry about how to juggle ds3 and a 4th if the gap was too close but i also know that knowing it was a girl would make it so much easier. It will be interesting to see what happens to our gd when they arrive. I know that with ds2 i was totally at peace and excited by his arrival but i also remember it didn't take long after to start swaying... perhaps 8 or 9 months. Im wandering if it will be back on my mind quickly this time too...

anyone else?
    2007 2010 2012 2015

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You must wait a minimum of 6 months postpartum to do pretesting. You have to let your body heal and hormone levels go back to new normal. You also need to consider your new baby and make sure he/she gets what they need from you before you simply move on to the next. HT will always be there but your baby is only a baby once. Also, you cannot breast feed and pretest and cycle at the same time. Baby must be fully weaned and you must have AF back.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks NBP, i hope i didn't come across as uncaring towards my new baby as i don't feel that way at all. I was actually wandering whether i would feel that 10months old would be too soon as unfortunately for us UK girls, a lengthy trip to the US for HRC would probably mean august school hols and im trying to work out if that would be manageable next year or whether i would have to/want to wait a whole other year. I am trying to get my plans in order so that i don't have to think about this stuff when the baby is here. Unfortunately for me i cant breast feed so my cycles tend to go back very quickly anyway.
    Last edited by deaks66; May 9th, 2012 at 02:26 PM.
    2007 2010 2012 2015

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by deaks66 View Post
    Thanks NBP, i hope i didn't come across as uncaring towards my new baby as i don't feel that way at all. I was actually wandering whether i would feel that 10months old would be too soon as unfortunately for us UK girls, a lengthy trip to the US for HRC would probably mean august school hols and im trying to work out if that would be manageable next year or whether i would have to/want to wait a whole other year. I am trying to get my plans in order so that i don't have to think about this stuff when the baby is here. Unfortunately for me i cant breast feed so my cycles tend to go back very quickly anyway.
    Hey, I did my pretesting when DD3 was 6 months old! 10 months is just fine. It's totally up to you after that 6 month point! You can consult before the 6 month and get your pretesting orders though so you can be ready to go.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I too will hopefully be doing pretesting at 6 months then US for treatment at 10 months... just hoping he's an easy baby boos that will be one big holiday! NBT can i ask what the age ranges of your children are? my eldest will only be heading towards 5 at the time of treatment!
    2007 2010 2012 2015

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast