Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post bfp but having 2nd thoughts

I did a frozen transfer just for gender selection. I have a baby girl already wanting a boy. Just got the news that I am pregnant possibly with baby boy but I am having 2nd thoughts whether I should go forward with this high tech way or should try the regular way of rolling the dice. Please help n

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't understand......
    You are pregnant right? With your desired gender right? You did ivf/pgd for this outcome right?
    That's great news or am I misunderstanding something??????
    Loves of our lives:

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're already pregnant, OF COURSE you should continue on! Congratulations!!

It's totally normal to have second thoughts when you find out you're pregnant! It's happened to me with all 5 of my children...a moment of panic when I think "what have I done!" But I always get over it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't understand. You are pregnant with a boy, what you want, so why would you have second thoughts?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ? I don't get it??
    Cycle#1 Jan/Feb 2013: 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 1 expanded blast frozen to batch.

Cycle #2 May/June 2013: 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen. Sending all 4 to Natera: 2 normals- 1 girl (cycle 2) & 1 boy (cycle 1)

Cycle #3 September 2013: 11 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 4 biopsied. 2 normal boys

FET #1: October 25th: BFN

Cycle#4: Feb/March 2014: 12 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized. 1 normal XX! Transfer March 3rd. BFP: 3/9/14!!!! Beta: 7dp6dt:38, 9dp6dt:139!, 6weeks 1 day: heartbeat!!!

She's here and I'm in love

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't get it too! You are joking right?!?!?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am just very worried because I not sure if the baby will grow well like any natural baby it is just me freaking out hard even my husband is also worried, we saw a article which suggests that ivf babies have 30% likely to have birth defects that regular babies. All the hormones & medicines I am not sure if those have any ill effects on the embryo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Was that article scientifically proven, or just a scare mongering tactic against ivf?

Congrats!
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think this is just a case of cold feet but the 30% needs to but put into perspective. There is no difference between IVF babies and natural pregnancy babies. Here is an article about FET babies that says they are actually healthier than IVF babies- IVF babies born from frozen embryos are healthier than those from fresh ones | Mail Online

Your fears are unfounded and it's too late now. Baby has snuggled in and on HIS way! Be happy. It is such a hard journey and so many people never find success. You are one of the lucky ones. Be grateful and I would not worry about this baby's health versus a natural pregnancy.

The article your referring to has a few key points that I would reread-

"The exact cause of the genetic problems is likely a combination of the biological parents’ infertility problems and genetics, and the treatments themselves, according to Weksberg."- This doesn't apply to you because you are not an infertility patient!

"According to a 2010 French study - the largest yet on the subject - assisted reproductive technologies double a baby’s risk of deformity. The study found that over 4% of fertility-treatment children had some form of congenital deformity, compared to the rate in the general population of between 2% and 3%."- So the 30% higher has an overall rate of 4% according to one study. You cannot worry about a 1% increase in the actual chance that the baby will be born with an issue. Your next baby could have a number of things wrong with it no matter how it was conceived.

You likely did some testing on the embryo so you actually have some knowledge of the health of the baby whereas in a natural pregnancy, you would have no clue at this point.

Try to enjoy the moment. You're very fortunate to have made it thus far.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am also thinking if the baby knows that he was born as a test tube baby how will the baby react, he may blame us for not bringing him to this world in a regular way. All sorts of those thoughts are just coming to us now. We are also planning to take advice from a psychic.

Did you also have the same cold feet at this point?

Here is the article I am referring to about birth defects IVF Babies Are 30% More Likely To Have A Birth Defect · Pregnancy articles | Family's Health center | SteadyHealth.com

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast