Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Family Balancing/ Gender & Down Test

Hi Girls-

I would like to know with the new technology that is out now, what day would you recommend PGD be done? Should it be on day 3 and then I would have a fresh cycle on day 5? Or, should I do a day 5 test for PGD, for a fresh cycle on day 6? I know that not all places willing to transfer a fresh cycle on day 6. Do you think I should only transfer on day 6 & find that place? That fresh is better than frozen?
    Or do you think a frozen transfer is just as high as of chance.
    I am only testing for gender for family balancing & down. I really need to know if a day 3 biopsy is too much "trauma" for PGD. I would like to know what Dr. Potter is doing now to his patients? This new technology suggests now that day 3 is too early for testing for PGD & that I may end up discarding some healthy embrys by testing for PGD which may cause some trauma to the embryo because the cells can't handle the PGD test. Is this true? Can you guys please tell me what I should do? I know in 2010, I read that Dr. Potter suggested a 3 day PGD & a 5th day transfer. But, now I am reading that it is better to wait to do PGD on day 5. What does he recommend now in 2012? If anyone of you guys have spoken to your doctors, I would like to hear what they suggest. If they do suggest day 5, are they saying that you can transfer fresh on day 6 or are they telling you that you should do FRozen? Please get back to me with any answers I would really appreciate it!

GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey hun, since you are a dream member you should post in there, more people will reply to you there,

Depends on your clinic, once you choose that, do what they suggest. Each have their benefits, but the clinic will be best at what they do. It is all a much of a much ness.

Dr Potter mainly does day 3 testing but he will test all chromosomes with GSN. FISH for sure on day 3 has a lot of false abnormals.

Again depends on the clinic, not all are set up to do day 3 or day 5 transfers. Some do a day 3 testing and day 5 transfer. Some do day 5 testing with day 6 transfer. Some do day 5 testing with a freeze. But not all clinics do everything, so go with what they do.