Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Drugs for IVF- Dr. B- Long Island, NY

Hi Ladies,

ABC, Anna, or any of you who are familiar on how Dr. B bills the ivf drugs, maybe you can help me. See below.

I called the pharmacy from my insurance and they said that I am covered for certain ivf drugs and some do need prior authorization. So does that mean that I would be covered for them if they do not need authorization?

Does Dr. B just give you a prescription for the drugs? If that is the case, my pharmacy would probably cover it.

I found out that Follistim, estrace and medrol I do not need any prior authorizations for.

The lady at Dr. Bs office said that they would bill it under ivf. But does that mean all drugs would be billed?

I cannot e-mail any more the office because they will want me to come in at this point and I cannot because I am not ready to do a cycle. So any information here would be extremely helpful and I think you all.

But does the Dr. bill all of the drugs or can you just get them from the pharmacy directly with a prescription? Am I making sense?

I thought I was not covered, but now the guy I just spoke to makes it seem like I am covered.

I am so back and forth with this.

Thanks so much.
    2003 2006 May 2010 (My VBA2C baby)

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Usually you have to go through a special fertility pharmacy such as Freedom Pharmacy (in MA but they deliver) or Dr. B. uses Kraupner Pharmacy in Brooklyn and they deliver as well.
    baby girl 23 wks.
    Two gorgeous and healthy s!
    Many unsuccessful IVF/PGD attempts
    Surprise natural BFPs....chemical, 9 wks, 6 wks and 8 wks

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by pinksapphire View Post
    Usually you have to go through a special fertility pharmacy such as Freedom Pharmacy (in MA but they deliver) or Dr. B. uses Kraupner Pharmacy in Brooklyn and they deliver as well.
    I would use Freedom Fertility they told me. Should I call them. Do you think they would know if I would be covered or not? I keep getting told different things.

Do you have to use Kraupner or can you use Freedom or the one on your insurance plan?

I just called freedom and they supposedly will see if they can give me any answers and call me back. I am expecting to not be covered though.
    Last edited by NYFamilyOfFiveRoses; January 31st, 2011 at 04:49 PM.
    2003 2006 May 2010 (My VBA2C baby)