Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can anyone tell me what to expect from a hysterosonogram?

I will be having mine on Friday and wanted to know what to expect. Will I experience any side effects after the procedure? Is it uncomfortable? Thanks for the help ladies!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most of the time it is a very simple procedure and I have heard it being compared to a pap smear but with the possibility of cramping. They stick a small catheter into the cervix to fill up the uterus with saline. Then use an ultrasound machine to look at the uterus and check for abnormalities.

I had cramping after and it was painful for me but I am special like that. Lol! I have yet to find anyone else that experienced pain so you should be fine.
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
    ^^^That is exactly what I did and everything has FINALLY worked out for the best. I couldn't be more happier in my life than I am right now with these 2 blessings that were brought into my life.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by michaela View Post
    Most of the time it is a very simple procedure and I have heard it being compared to a pap smear but with the possibility of cramping. They stick a small catheter into the cervix to fill up the uterus with saline. Then use an ultrasound machine to look at the uterus and check for abnormalities.

I had cramping after and it was painful for me but I am special like that. Lol! I have yet to find anyone else that experienced pain so you should be fine.

Well, I'm all scheduled for Friday. I'll let you know if I'm as special as you are Haha!! Thanks for the inside information. I like to know what to expect. As you can see, this is going to be a long road for someone like me. I am trying to keep an open-mind to whatever is meant to be. We are not doing this strictly for gender selection so I basically have to accept what comes. Time will tell I guess!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My OB gave me some pill to take the night before to open my cervix to decrease any pain. It was simple and painless for me. Messy though with all that fluid!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    My OB gave me some pill to take the night before to open my cervix to decrease any pain. It was simple and painless for me. Messy though with all that fluid!
    Hmmm...maybe I should ask Lori about that. Do you happen to remember the name of the medication?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Its really not that bad. A little cramping after but not a big deal. They don't give any medication before or after. Good luck.
    17 12 9 3 HT

6 Cycles and 2 FET in all to FINALLY have my
    May 2015- Did another fresh cycle to get a sister for my DD
    that ended with no normals:

Thank you Dr.P

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I took Advil 1/2 hour before. It didn't really hurt at all though. Don't wear your favorite underwear cause there is a lot of fluid and ask for a pad.
    Cycle 1 HRC: Amh: 2.74 FSH:26, 14 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, fertilized and biopsied. 5 normals: 3xx and 2xy transferred 1xx HB(bb) on day 5
    POAS 5dpt = BFP!!! Beta 1: 10dpt=189 beta 2: 13dpt=815 beta 3: 15dpt=1786. Ultrasound at 6 wks 5 days showed HB of 119.
    Ultrasound at 8wks 4 days showed a HB of 173. Materni21 Results at 12 wks 1 day: 98% sure girl and 99% sure baby does not have chromosomal abnormality!!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wanted to say good luck tomorrow TRL, i'll be thinking of you and cheering you on xxx

HRC cycle 1 Feb 2012
    ER 14 eggs, 9 fert and biopsy 24 GSN, 4 normals inc 2 's
    1 transferred & BFP
    But at 20 weeks my angel Violet passed away

November 2012 FET #1 - ended in chemical, went down the immune issues path with Dr Gorgy

April 2013 Cycle 2 - HRC
    ER 9 eggs, 8 fert, only 5 biopsied day5, 4 normals only 1 girl!
    Transferred 1
    Beta 10dpt 123, 14dpt 1171
    But at 19 weeks Primrose passed away

Dec 2013 cycle 3 - HRC
    ER 8 eggs, 7 fert, 1 frozen
    Searching and praying for a Gestational Carrier (surrogate)
    to carry our DD (under Dr Potters advisement)

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by michaela View Post

Ok girls, I'm on "Team Michaela" on this one. Ouch I'm glad that's over with!!! The good news is the discomfort only lasted about an hour or so after AND dh and I are done and done with pre-cycle testing.

My AMH was 1.8 is that good (for age 35)?? Just curious. Thanks!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lori said 1.8 was good but looked online and it looks to be low fertility? Is that right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast