Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

FET is scheduled for November if I'm ready??

Just wondered anyones thoughts on the following things...

When I speak to Dr P, about what happened, are there any questions you suggest I ask?

Do you think immune issues come into play this late on in a pregnancy, or are these more for ladies who don't implant or losses before 12 weeks?

Are there any vitamins or supplements anyone can recommend before a FET?

Are my chances lower of success with a FET or fresh? Ive never done a FET and I'm worried?

Thanks for any advice xx

HRC cycle 1 Feb 2012
    ER 14 eggs, 9 fert and biopsy 24 GSN, 4 normals inc 2 's
    1 transferred & BFP
    But at 20 weeks my angel Violet passed away

November 2012 FET #1 - ended in chemical, went down the immune issues path with Dr Gorgy

April 2013 Cycle 2 - HRC
    ER 9 eggs, 8 fert, only 5 biopsied day5, 4 normals only 1 girl!
    Transferred 1
    Beta 10dpt 123, 14dpt 1171
    But at 19 weeks Primrose passed away

Dec 2013 cycle 3 - HRC
    ER 8 eggs, 7 fert, 1 frozen
    Searching and praying for a Gestational Carrier (surrogate)
    to carry our DD (under Dr Potters advisement)

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would want to move forward too. I don't think immunity played into this loss but I am not a doctor. I think your chances with a GSN FET are the same or better so that would not worry me at all since you want to do a SET.

If you are ready, and if Dr P thinks it is enough time for you to heal physically after this, I can't wait to cheer you on!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah nuthinbutpink, your support really made me smile, thank you x

HRC cycle 1 Feb 2012
    ER 14 eggs, 9 fert and biopsy 24 GSN, 4 normals inc 2 's
    1 transferred & BFP
    But at 20 weeks my angel Violet passed away

November 2012 FET #1 - ended in chemical, went down the immune issues path with Dr Gorgy

April 2013 Cycle 2 - HRC
    ER 9 eggs, 8 fert, only 5 biopsied day5, 4 normals only 1 girl!
    Transferred 1
    Beta 10dpt 123, 14dpt 1171
    But at 19 weeks Primrose passed away

Dec 2013 cycle 3 - HRC
    ER 8 eggs, 7 fert, 1 frozen
    Searching and praying for a Gestational Carrier (surrogate)
    to carry our DD (under Dr Potters advisement)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I obviously cant help in any shape or form but just to let you know i will be here cheering you on with everything i have X
    2007 2010 2012 2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by deaks66 View Post
    I obviously cant help in any shape or form but just to let you know i will be here cheering you on with everything i have X
    me too xx
    2 gorgeous and my beautiful genesis TWIN GIRLS:

Sometimes the strongest women are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ditto me.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Eternally grateful Dr P, Lori and lab team !

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Really the only time immune issues would come into play is with a significant amount of HLA matches which you most likely don't have as you have kids. There may be other immune issues that can cause late term losses but the chance of you having that issue is slim to none. I would want to move forward too and I hope this next cycle is the last one for you!
    Last edited by michaela; March 6th, 2013 at 02:47 PM.
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
    ^^^That is exactly what I did and everything has FINALLY worked out for the best. I couldn't be more happier in my life than I am right now with these 2 blessings that were brought into my life.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will be cheering you on with all my heart also!
    Cycle 1 HRC: Amh: 2.74 FSH:26, 14 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, fertilized and biopsied. 5 normals: 3xx and 2xy transferred 1xx HB(bb) on day 5
    POAS 5dpt = BFP!!! Beta 1: 10dpt=189 beta 2: 13dpt=815 beta 3: 15dpt=1786. Ultrasound at 6 wks 5 days showed HB of 119.
    Ultrasound at 8wks 4 days showed a HB of 173. Materni21 Results at 12 wks 1 day: 98% sure girl and 99% sure baby does not have chromosomal abnormality!!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by perrypop3 View Post
    Just wondered anyones thoughts on the following things...

When I speak to Dr P, about what happened, are there any questions you suggest I ask?

Do you think immune issues come into play this late on in a pregnancy, or are these more for ladies who don't implant or losses before 12 weeks?

Are there any vitamins or supplements anyone can recommend before a FET?

Are my chances lower of success with a FET or fresh? Ive never done a FET and I'm worried?

Thanks for any advice xx
    Did the hospital give you any answers? Ie: fluke virus like parvo or similar that was the cause?
    This information would be helpful to reassure you it didn't have to do with immune issues etc.?
    Cycle 1 HRC: Amh: 2.74 FSH:26, 14 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, fertilized and biopsied. 5 normals: 3xx and 2xy transferred 1xx HB(bb) on day 5
    POAS 5dpt = BFP!!! Beta 1: 10dpt=189 beta 2: 13dpt=815 beta 3: 15dpt=1786. Ultrasound at 6 wks 5 days showed HB of 119.
    Ultrasound at 8wks 4 days showed a HB of 173. Materni21 Results at 12 wks 1 day: 98% sure girl and 99% sure baby does not have chromosomal abnormality!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey PP - so glad to see you are starting to make plans and look forward.

I love FETs. So much better on the body not to have the bloating and meds in your system that is unavoidable during a fresh cycle (for me anyway). I think there are some links to studies in the research section on FETs. I recall one being about older mothers doing better with FETs. Ultimately odds of success vary from clinic to clinic depending on skills of the lab and freezing method used, and the quality of the embryos etc... So I'd definitely ask Dr P - what his FET success rates are at the moment and how they compare with fresh. He'll have a lot more up to date info than the published SART rates. I'd also ask him how he rates your chances with your particular emby and why the other was chosen to go in first, whether it was just at a more advanced stage. He is pretty honest about giving you a realistic assessment of what he thinks the likelihood of success is. Ultimately its a GSN normal emby. Its got to have a pretty reasonable chance of success.

You should also ask him what regime he uses for FETs and what he recommends for you. I did a natural one (no meds, just blood work to pinpoint ovulation, then embryo went in 5 days after the LH surge). But that's hard to do if you are trying to plan travel, and most clinics do medicated FETs for convenience of scheduling and to avoid you having to go in for 4-5 blood tests.

I'd start up your prenatal vitamins at least a month or two before hand. But other than Folic Acid you don't need anything else.

I have no doubt that you will be second guessing everything and stressing out. I know I was with the FET after my loss. I'd do whatever you can do to help ease the anxiety. By all means be guided by your doctors. But if peace of mind means doing some testing or getting another sonohystergram to check that the uterus is cleared and has healed, then that's what I'd be doing. It does seem unlikely that its immune issues at such a late stage. Was the hospital not able to shed any light on what might have happened? For me, knowing that my HT DD's heart had stopped because she had Down's really helped a lot given that my FET was with a normal aCGH emby.

Cannot wait to cheer you on! MMx
    Step (17)
    Step (15) & (12)
    Our IVF/ICSI twins (6) (OHW)
    Our HT DD (2)

14Cycle 1 (Dr Lin, CA): ER 14 Jan 2011. 5 eggs, 4 mature and fertilised w/ ICSI. 2 probe. Put back 2 XX's. 5dp5dt - BFP. 9dp5dt - 64. 13dp5dt - 81 Stop meds. 19dp5dt - 330. 22dp5dt - 890. 3 scans show small empty sac not progressing. Final scan before D&C at 7w5d shows HB 116 & a 5.5mm embryo measuring 6w1d. 8w4d - HB 144 & fetus is 11.5mm! 9w4d - no HB.....

Cycle 2 (Genea): ER 8 July 2011 (after 10 wks on DHEA). 9 eggs, 5 fertilised w/ ICSI, 2 embryo's sent for aCGH day 6 biopsy. 29 July - both normal XX's!!!

Cycle 3 (Genea): Natural FET 15 March 2012. 4dp5dt BFP. 9dp5dt - 251. 12dp5dt - 949. HB 133 @ 6w3d. Born 6 Nov 2012.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast