Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Importing embroyos

Has anyone ever done this or know anyone who has? The Dr who also half treated me here said sure no worries bring them back ?? But now I am not to sure?? Any info appreciated I need a IVF/PGD lawyer/Dr to advise ideally and P.S. This must refer to Western Australian laws just like we cant gamble in our pubs things are different in the wild west wowser land!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Erika

Sorry to hear about the problems you've had at that clinic here in Perth! I personally wouldn't trust them now either.

Persistence (member on IG) cycled at SART and had embroyos shipped back to S.A. for FET's. She might be able to give you more information about her clinic and hopefully that might be an option for you. Afterall Adelaide isn't too far away

Wishing you all the best for your trip to Thailand and for your cycle. Please keep us posted
    DS1 + DS2
    IVF/PGD (3 probe PCR + ICSI). BCP; Lucrin; Puregon (125). ER 31/08: 20 - 19 Mature - 14 Fertilized.
    Total of 5 HB embryos sent for PGD. Results: 3 XY + 2 XX OHSS risk = NT. 1st Natural FET 08/11/11.
    1st POAS 7dp5dt= BFP. 1st Beta 10dp5dt = 226; 2nd Beta 13dp5dt = 988; 3rd Beta 17dp5dt = 4392
    1st U/S 6w1d HB 113bpm. 2nd U/S 7w6d HB 165bpm

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't see why it would matter to them that the embies you bring back have been PGD'd...as long as the report they receive from SART doesn't contain anything about gender selection I can't see why they would care at all. Just the same as starting the cycle in Perth and heading overseas...if you had not told them the embies would be PGD'd or that you were doing it for sex selection would they have even been able to cancel your cycle? They would have had no reason surely. I am still pretty shocked over your dramas...just craziness. You must be just shaking your head.
    Good luck with it all and keep us posted.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am not sure but try googling container carriers - just google embryos and shipping and you are bound to find something. You could also post this question to Dr P and see if he can point you in the right direction.
    One perfect
    One perfect Thank you Dr P, Lori and Microsort!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm contacted three clinics in perth yesterday and nothing!! I am jumping the gun a little here has not even had egg retreval that is set for the 16th or 17th

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hope you find answers soon