Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

PGD/IVF with Boston IVF or Fertility Centers of New England?

Anyone have any experiences with either of these centers for GS? I am going crazy researching them..I have 3 beautiful boys but am missing having a girl. How many cycles does it usually on average take if you are a fertile?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We've had people cycle at both. FCNE has a recent BFP on here. The info is in the Cycle Diaries forum
    But it's a member forum.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    heard good things about both--definitely consult with both and see--good luck!
    (born March, 2012)--IVF at RMANY (no GS for first one since no real preference-said we'd do it for second one)--23 eggs--12 fertilized with ICSI--1 frozen

March/April 2013--SIRM NY--23 eggs, 15 embryos, 2 girls transferred, 1 girl and 1 unknown (only 4 celled at day 3 so no biopsy) frozen. BFP on HPT at 6dp5dt, Beta at 8dp5dt=70, Beta at 10dp5dt=216 , 1 hb at 6 weeks, ob appt at 7w2d--wow it's twins!!! CVS--2 HEALTHY GIRLS! Our twin girls were born 6 weeks early, but doing fabulously and we are so in love!! Our family is complete!!!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't cycled anywhere yet but have had quite a few emails/conversations back and forth to FCNE. They give me a sense of warmth and understanding rather than someone just doing a job. I know it doesn't help you much but just thought I'd add it in

My top 3 clinics are so different you just can't compare! One for experience, One for convenience/financial reasons & One for the "feeling". It's really hard for me to narrow it down.

Good Luck to you no matter where you go and I hope you can find a combination of the above

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! I'm actually cycling at Fertility Centers of New England. I started my Gonal F injections this past Sunday. I just went in for blood work today (day 2) to check my estradiol levels. It has been easy so far (only one shot each night into my stomach - two shots total - many more to go!!!). I'm in a constant state of disbelief that I've embarked on this journey. I feel excited and crazy at the same time. As for the center, they've been great. I've been working with Tammy who manages the PGD portion and she gave me her personal cell phone to call if I have any questions with the various medications (pretty daunting). They also make it really easy to come in for bloodwork and ultrasounds (of which there are many!). I went in this morning for blood work. Went in at 7:30 (though I think you can go in as early as 6 or 6:30am) and walked out by 7:40. Minimal disruption to my day. I also know of another lady who just cycled there with PGD and is pregnant. She cycled last month. She too has had a good experience.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just finished all of my pre-testing at FCNE and so far, so good! I am seeing Dr. Weiss and I really like him, my HT journey has been much easier to get started than I thought it was going to be. I have been seen so quickly for every apt. that I have had there so far and something else that I love is that the nurses call me back right away when I leave a message with a question - love that! I haven't really heard anything about Boston IVF but just wanted you to know that FCNE has been a great experience for me so far.

Wishfulthinking - I too am still in a total state of disbelief that I am actually going through with this! I hope to get things rolling next month! It's fun to read about other people going to FCNE, good luck with your cycle!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have my call in with FCNE, and RSC appointment is already booked. Please, please, PLEASE do yourself the favor and avoid Boston IVF like the plague! I know people will give them good kudos, but if you've read any of my posts, you'll understand why I will never give them another thought. We went through Hell with them.
    I've interviewed a few other clinics and none are willing to do PDG for gender. RSC is now, whereas 4 years ago they wouldn't, not sure why the change? Might've been different doctors. FCNE comes very highly recommended so I am hoping the call me back tomorrow so I can set up my consult.
    Thanks to my company changing insurance, we're hoping for our next cycle to be in Dec.

Good luck!!!
    (DD '89), (DS '92), (DD '99), (DD '05),
    (DS '10),(DS '12)(DS '12) (DS x 2 '13)

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's official we're using FCNE. Dr. Weiss, too. TickledPink are you still here? I'm so much in denial that it's begun, feels just like more testing at this point. <sighs>

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Tinks!! I am still here!! I am so glad that you decided to use FCNE - what office are you using? I go to the Dedham office until ER and ET where I will go to Reading. When do you think you will do your cycle? I will start early next month - still so crazy that I am really going through with this. Don't think it will feel real until I start that first injection!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    TP, yep, we're in Dedham too! But of course AF decided to show 2 days late and I'm back and forth to Reading on Sundays now for bloodwork. Figures, huh? It's OK, despite getting up super early on a Sunday, it's my alone time to think... (then I can go back to sleep when I get home, and do!)
    I just got my FSH back from day 3, it's 6.9! Lowest its been since we starting testing in '09. No word yet on my AMH or our karyotyping, but I'm calling tomorrow to see if it's back. Wish they posted it in the "portal".

Are you doing a FET and did he mention using menopur for you? We discussed it, that's his plan. He wants to give the boys every chance to die naturally before we transfer them. I guess I'm ok with that, it does make sense.

LOL, wait til the injections, I dread them, but hubby and I joke around during them so it makes it fun. Are they giving you BCPs too?

Just noticed you're in RI, we're right on the border of RI

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast