Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well hey there wantingatutu!! So sweet of you to check in! I had my ER back in November and got 7 eggs but only 4 matured and 3 fertilized, such a bummer. It just wasn't enough for me to go through with PGD so I batched those 3 embies to add to my next cycle which I will be doing in the beginning of Feb. My dr. is putting me on a different protocol - he said he started me out on a pretty non-aggressive protocol for the first cycle since I am on the smaller side (5 feet, 100 pounds - my parents are tiny, lol) - kind of wish he would have looked at my age and pretesting scores instead but at least we now know that I need MORE meds to stimulate those follicles!

It was nice having time off during the holidays not to think about all of this stuff. I feel like I have a long road ahead of me, wish it wasn't so tough to get my little girl. Just trying my best to stay positive that this next protocol will work better for me and I will get that happy ending that we all want so badly!!

How are you doing? How is the GD going with DS#3?? Hope it's getting better. When is he due?? Pretty exciting that there will be another baby in your home pretty soon.

Hey Tinks, how are you - what's going on in your IVF/PGD world??!!!
    DS#1 in 2008 08/09 11/09 DS#2 in 2011
    Due Date for is April 17th, 2014!

Cycle #1 at FCNE, Nov. 2012: 7 eggs retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized. Batching the 3 embryos to add to another cycle in early 2013.
    Cycle #2 at FCNE, Feb. 2013: Cancelled Cycle due to poor response.
    Cycle #3 at FCNE, May 2013: 4 eggs retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, unthawed the 3 on ice. Out of 6 embryos, 4 made it to biopsy (day 5 aCgh) - 3 abnormal XY's and 1 healthy XX!! Planned FET on July 30th,2013.
    BFP on 6dp5dt!! 1st Beta: 271 on 10dp5dt!! 2nd Beta:

LOVE LOVE LOVE my 2 little dudes but now hoping to add a or to our family!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I thought I would check in here to see if anyone was was in the same boat as me.... Looks like it. My retrieval was disappointing. 7 retrieved, 6 mature, but only 2 made it to day 3... Decided to freeze and try for some more. Had a good break over the holidays, and now...my retrieval is tomorrow! So nervous ( only 9 total follicles seen on us)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi needalittlepink! Oh wow, your ER is tomorrow - I wish you the best of luck!!! You can still get a good amount of eggs from 9 follicles, crossing my fingers that you will be pleasantly surprised tomorrow. Are you seeing Dr. Weiss? Did they do anything different with your protocol this cycle? You will definitely have to keep me updated in the next few days on how things are going for you!!

Good luck tomorrow, can't wait to hear back from you!!

Cycle #1 at FCNE, Nov. 2012: 7 eggs retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized. Batching the 3 embryos to add to another cycle in early 2013.
    Cycle #3 at FCNE, May 2013: 4 eggs retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, unthawed the 3 on ice. Out of 6 embryos, 4 made it to biopsy (day 5 aCgh) - 3 abnormal XY's and 1 healthy XX!! Planned FET on July 30th,2013.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dr Weiss did my retrieval. Dr Vitiello is "my" dr though. Well, I got disappointing news this morning. 8 eggs retrieved, 5 mature, and 4 fertilized.... Now the long wait till Friday to see what they look like. I have 2 that made it to day 3 last time(grade2+3). And I drove from Reading to Springfield and back to reading and brought one embryo I had in storage there from 2006, to add to pgd.
    I am so nervous. Have you started a new cycle?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You got almost exactly what I got my last cycle in regards to eggs and how many fertilized, ugh. Just hoping and praying that your 4 embryos make it to day 3 and then when you add the other 3, you can still have a nice chance of getting your little girl. You will have to keep me updated, I will definitely be thinking of you.

Yes, I am starting a new cycle here soon. I take my last BCP this Saturday and then wait for AF and then start stims. I have 3 embies on ice but have no clue of what their grade is and if they will even make the thaw to go to PGD. I am so nervous too - just nervous that I won't get enough to at least give me a chance.

What protocol were you on this cycle? I am hoping that my change in protocol will give me a few more eggs this cycle but we shall see. I will sure keep my fingers crossed for you that you get good news on Friday. It just takes one . . . your healthy girl could very well be in there!!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We used the micro flare protocol this time. Results were the same though.... I hope you have better luck! I am thinking about the possibility of trying another stim cycle before having the embryios tested. I was hoping to have better quality embryios to test and more of them
    I am waiting for a the call to see what the lab has to say ...
    2007 after 3 ivf

2010 after 1 ivf

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, that's the protocol they are going to try with me this time. Oh lord, not sure what I am getting myself into. I am trying so hard to stay positive but I just feel like I am going to get the same results as last time - I am so hesitant to get started again.

Let me know what the lab says tomorrow, I will be thinking of you - hoping they have some kind of good news for you!! Please please keep me posted!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, disappointing news, only 2 embryos.....will freeze and try, try again.....
    2007 after 3 ivf

2010 after 1 ivf

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by needalittlepink View Post
    Well, disappointing news, only 2 embryos.....will freeze and try, try again.....
    So sorry about your result. What a disappointment. Best of luck with your next cycle. Are you on DHEA?
    Australian couple
    Parents to :4:2: Working with Dr Potter at HRC for our HT :or
    Cycle #1 IVF in Australia (MIVF) 2010, ER 22, 18 fertilized, 6 survived to day 2, 1 TF = Chemical. 5 frozen day 2 - poor quality
    Cycle #2 Aug 12 Dr Potter at HRC. ER 13, 10 mature, 9 fertilized, 8 to Day 3 PGD, 1 normal XX TF= BFN.
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...e-hrc-bfn.html
    Sperm frozen at HRC so I can cycle alone next time
    Cycle #3 December 12 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose Lupron flare with GH. Preparation 12 weeks DHEA, acupuncture, chinese herbs, Metformin and extreme low carb diet. 11 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 to day 5 Natera, both XY HB. NT :-(
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...ansfer-28.html
    Cycle #4March 13 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose lupron Flare with Follistim 450iu & Menopur 300iu & Saizen GH. Continued acupuncture, chinese herbs, low carb diet, Metformin and DHEA. Added fertility yoga. 31 Eggs, 24 Mature, 18 fertilized, 10 to day 5 aCGH, 4 normal Hatched Blasts- 3 XY and 1 XX. TF day 6 fully HB. 7dpd6t BFP.
    Betas 7dpd6t = 134, 10dpd6t= 432, 12dpd6t = 713, 15dpd6t 2000
    Ultrasound planned 15th April

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry needalittlepink. I know how disappointing it is to get the "not so good" news. I'm so glad that you are going to keep on trying though. I was going to ask you the same thing as vicky - are you on DHEA? I know FCNE doesn't necessarily prescribe it to their patients but when I asked Dr. Weiss about me taking it, he was all for it. Something to think about - I have seen some great results in many girls on this forum when they take DHEA for a few months before cycling again - more follicles, better egg quality, etc. I don't know, doesn't always work for everyone but I guess it's always worth a try. Sorry again about your ER outcome, keep in touch!!!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast