Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, not on dhea, but I am up for anything that might help! Thanks for the advice, I will definitely look into it. What is the standard dose?
    2007 after 3 ivf

2010 after 1 ivf

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The standard dose is 25mg 3 x's a day so 75 mg's a day. It's important to have your DHEA levels checked before taking it though - have FCNE check your levels now or you can even have your regular primary care physician write you a scrip to take to a lab near you to get your levels checked. If your DHEA levels are high enough and then you take more DHEA on top of it, it could put too much testosterone in your body and have adverse side effects. If you are are like me though, over 35 and a poor responder then your levles are most likely a little low and you will totally be fine on 75mg's a day but it's still good to check just to make sure. Here is a link to the DHEA that I ordered from Amazon. Amazon.com: DHEA Micronized 25mg 180 VegiCaps: Health & Personal Care
    This is a pure micronized form of DHEA which is what you want to take!!! I researched the heck out of this stuff before I started taking it and am really happy with this brand that I found. I am just praying that by me taking DHEA and other fertility supplements, I will see some sort of difference in this next cycle. Fingers crossed.
    DS#1 in 2008 08/09 11/09 DS#2 in 2011
    Due Date for is April 17th, 2014!

Cycle #1 at FCNE, Nov. 2012: 7 eggs retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized. Batching the 3 embryos to add to another cycle in early 2013.
    Cycle #2 at FCNE, Feb. 2013: Cancelled Cycle due to poor response.
    Cycle #3 at FCNE, May 2013: 4 eggs retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, unthawed the 3 on ice. Out of 6 embryos, 4 made it to biopsy (day 5 aCgh) - 3 abnormal XY's and 1 healthy XX!! Planned FET on July 30th,2013.
    BFP on 6dp5dt!! 1st Beta: 271 on 10dp5dt!! 2nd Beta:

LOVE LOVE LOVE my 2 little dudes but now hoping to add a or to our family!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Tickled,
    A quick question for you - did you opt for the 3-cycle plan? I see that they chard $6,800 per cycle and with the 3-cycle plan you get the third free if the first two didn't work. Is that what you did? I'm starting to plan out how much this could cost us - and it's super overwhelming! I want to start saving NOW so we can be prepared in a year and half or so. Any info is greatly appreciated! And how did you become familiar with all of the terminology? Did that just come with going through the process? I have been reading through so many posts and I just have no clue what some of the terms mean - such as, what does ICSI stand for? And lastly, how did you go about starting this process? Did you contact them via email when you were ready to start? Again, any info would be such a big help! I'm SUPER nervous/anxious about all of this - and baby #3 coming in about 4 week and GD has once again entered my brain and it makes me sad that I am already thinking about going through IVF for a girl

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi wanting!! No, I didn't opt for the 3 cycle plan because luckily for me my insurance covers 90% of fertility treatments (I pay all PGD out of pocket though). When you make your first apt. and consult with the dr. that is when you guys can chat about if that plan will be the best choice for you which I think is a very good deal so you should definitely talk to them about it.

I became familiar with all of the terminology just from research - I read and read tons online on my iphone when I am laying in bed at night, lol. I learned most of this stuff from reading through old posts on this forum. ICSI means Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection. Basically it means that they will take the healthiest sperm and literally inject it into the egg instead of just letting the sperm go and swim to meet the egg. Most doctors want to use ICSI when a patient is doint PGD because it give a better fertilization rate. If you are reading old posts and don't understand something, you are totally welcomet to "private message" me - I am happy to help you out with whatever you need!

I started the process by calling FCNE's main number that you get from their website. Tell them that you want to make a consult apt. with one of the doctor's at the office that you choose (Reading Dedham, Bedford, etc.) and that you want to consult about IVF and would also like to get information on PGD for family balancing. You will go to your apt, meet the dr., set up apt's for all of your pretesting, do pretesting and then plan from there on when to get started! You will want to wait to do your pretesting stuff (bloodwork/ultrasounds) until after you are done breastfeeding baby #3.

It's great that you are learning all of this stuff now, you will have so much IVF/PGD knowledge by the time you get started. In the meantime, you should just hang out in the forums - it's fun cheering others on who are going through this - I've learned so much from everyone. Have you become a dream member in the HT private forum? That's where most of the questions are posted and it's where you can follow other member's cycles.

You will be so excited when you see your sweet baby boy's little face in a few weeks. Just enjoy every little second of his birth and you can keep in the back of your head with a little smile that a baby girl WILL be in your future. How cute will a family of 3 boys and a little girl be . . . . . so cute!!!!
    DS#1 in 2008 08/09 11/09 DS#2 in 2011
    Due Date for is April 17th, 2014!

Cycle #1 at FCNE, Nov. 2012: 7 eggs retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized. Batching the 3 embryos to add to another cycle in early 2013.
    Cycle #2 at FCNE, Feb. 2013: Cancelled Cycle due to poor response.
    Cycle #3 at FCNE, May 2013: 4 eggs retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, unthawed the 3 on ice. Out of 6 embryos, 4 made it to biopsy (day 5 aCgh) - 3 abnormal XY's and 1 healthy XX!! Planned FET on July 30th,2013.
    BFP on 6dp5dt!! 1st Beta: 271 on 10dp5dt!! 2nd Beta:

LOVE LOVE LOVE my 2 little dudes but now hoping to add a or to our family!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the info, tickled! I will definitely be doing some research over the next year or so. Can't wait to hear how your journey turns out! Hugs!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by needalittlepink View Post
    No, not on dhea, but I am up for anything that might help! Thanks for the advice, I will definitely look into it. What is the standard dose?
    Why did you need IVF to conceive? We have a few other infertility gals that post in the Member section.

DHEA can help poor responders or those with egg quality issues. Not all doctors like it. If you have PCOS or high testosterone, you should not take it. CHR NY has an ongoing study with DHEA in DOR patients. Did wonders for me!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This brings back memories--our first daughter was born in 2003 after treatment at this center due to tubal infertility (no GS). Time flies! Back then I was a spring chicken of 36 (!) but still a low responder--only 8 eggs. You only need one, though...

Anyway, good luck!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would look into FCNE.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We first were diagnosed with "unexplained" infertility...ugh, hated that term! Obviously there WAS a reason! After our 3 rd ivf trying for our first son, they used Icsi and got much better results. All of my testing has come back normal, although they never checked dhea....so my "poor responder" status was surprising. With husbands sperm count around 1 mil.... , this time has been much more difficult. Our second son was conceived with ICSI on the first attempt.
    2007 after 3 ivf

2010 after 1 ivf

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, if ICSI helped, is it your DH's sperm that is the issue? Is the motility okay?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast