Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

IVF/PGD for Baby Girl - pre-testing in Sept

Hi I am SOOO nervous and excited to be starting the pgd process. i have a 10 month old son and 2 step daughters, dh does not want to have more kids after this, so that is why we have decided to go the pgd route. I just came off a failed erriccson cycle and it was an emotional roller coaster which made me turn to pgd. I figure if I am going to go crazy with all this I want to at least be guaranteed a daughter in the end and not an opposite. I am hoping to learn from those who have gone through this process and would love to hear from any cycle buddies too! I will do my pre-testing on Friday.....do most people have to be on bcp for a month before they can do the actual ivf cycle? I am 31 (32 in November) and dh is 33 so we are fairly young still. Is there anything we can do on our end to further improve are chances of success? It is around 19k to do this so I am praying to get this done in one cycle!!! I had to take clomid to get prego with my son so not sure if that will reduce my chances... Scared to have twins but would rather that than have no baby at all so I think we will put back 2 embies if we get them. I talk to my doctor more on Friday so I will update on my progress then. Hoping to get some advice from experienced pgd-ers and anyone who wants to help cheer me along in this adventure would be greatly appreciated!!!!
    Last edited by prayingforaprincess; September 12th, 2012 at 08:24 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The other girls will give you more advice since I am a newbie also! I am going to also be doing IVF/PGD for a girl & would also rather transfer only 1 embie so I don't have twins. I am all confused if I should use ISCI or if I shouldn't. If you are gong back to your doctor on Friday, can you see what they recommend for IVF/PGD? Where do you live? There are a bunch of supplements that you can take that people say can increase your risks of a healthy eggs & stuff that is also good for your husband to take three months before. When are you planning on doing this? My plan I am gong to begin in Jan! I was tempted to do Ericcson myself, I am sorry that didn't work for you!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello! So good to hear from you. I am hoping to do this ASAP maybe next month if possible. What are the supplements the men should be taking 3 months in advance? I have heard dhea for women is good? Where would I get that? I am in new jersey. Cycling with dr traub at island reproductive services. Where r u based out of? Aren't you concerned of the lower risk of getting a bfn with only transferring one? I didn't know anything about isci do you have a cf risk?
    Last edited by prayingforaprincess; September 12th, 2012 at 09:12 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have now been told that ISCI is the way to go since my goal is to have as many embryo's as possible fertilized. Everyone has different stuff on here for vitamins. This is what my friend gave me & I have not taken anything yet.
    For Us-prenatal with DHA (nature made) then I am on larginine (1000 mg), coq10 (400mg) and royal jelly (1000 mg).
    I am going to talk to the doctor, for you the goal is to get the best quality embryo's. I guess I am not so up with why
    it is good for the guys and what it does to their sperm if it helps with swaying. I need to read more up on it.

For you husband-
    - DH was on "Naturally Smart for Men" which I got at Naturally Smart
    Vitamins - The Natural Choice for Life and he took the recommended
    dose on the bottle which was 6 capsules daily.

- He was also on "Nature's Way Olive Leaf" which I got on Amazon at
    Amazon.com: Nature's Way - Olive Leaf, 100 capsules: Health & Personal
    Care and for that he also took the recommended dose on the bottle
    which was 3 capsules daily.

- He was on "Nature Made Vitamin C 1000mg tablets" He took one tablet
    daily and I got them on Amazon at Amazon.com: Nature Made Vitamin C
    1000mg, 100 Tablets (Pack of 3): Health & Personal Care

look into this one-
    MegaRed Omega-3 Krill Oil 500mg

Yes, I am worried about only transferring 1. I am worried about not having enough by day 5. But, they say there is a chance of me still getting pregnant & my odds still are high as 50% per transfer. Instead of having 2 chances each attempt, I will have one chance. I think with me doing ISCI, I will give myself the highest rate of having a lot of embryos & hopefully a lot of girls! I think I am going to do a fresh cycle on day 6. If my husband didn't mind twins, I would be transferring two in a heart beat. If he didn't mine having three children, I wouldn't be doing PGD now, & I would be trying natural. My husband wants 1 more child and that is it. So for me, I am going to pray that it works & that I can have a daughter, and if it does not work then in my mind I will know that the IVF process was not meant to be. And, hey maybe I can still have a girl naturally, you never know!! But, as you said it cost about 19K, so for me it's a one shot deal. My plan is to do a 6 day fresh, and to do as many FET girls as possible. If it works, great & if it doesn't I am out the money. I really don't know how I would convince my husband again to spend more money if it doesn't work the first time, especially considering we can have kids naturally. I know a few people who have done IVF some transferred 1 and some transferred two. It works both ways & it really is luck. I really want a girl so in my mind I want to try & see if it works & if not I will have no regrets. I tried the new technology that is out now, I will take all the vitamins, & I will pick the best doctor. Also, I have heard excellent transfers on FET. I think a lot of people are having twins, and that means that two are taking. I have read a lot of people on this board who got pregnant with just 1, at the place that I am probably going to go to. That place is RMA NY and for your info they also have a place in NJ. I am going to have my husband start taking this stuff October 1, I am sure he is going to be thrilled. lol I never heard of Dr. Traub, but I am not to familiar with any of the places in NJ. What town is that in?

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    He has a practice in south Plainfield and staten island. Good stats. High twin rates so I need to decide what to do. So u do a 6 day transfer not a 5 day? Thanks for the info on the supplements! That is a lot!!! Lol. I will ask my dr about the isci on friday I am sure that is how he will do it too. So if you have some frozen girls left over won't you have another shot at putting them back in the next time if you dont get a bfp? My dr says I can transfer the frozens at a small cost if I get a bfn. I pay for 6 month of storage in my package.
    Last edited by prayingforaprincess; September 13th, 2012 at 06:20 AM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome. I would suggest becoming a member and joining us on the High Tech section. I have found it so valuable to read about other people's cycles. I have my DH on the same supplement as GT77 and I am in the middle of a cycle right now. This will be my second I had to batch my first cycle I am a poor responder but I am also older than you...34. So please don't get discouraged. When you get your pretesting reuslt feel free to post them and people will give you feedback. I wish you all the best and cannot wait to cheer you.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you. I am a member too. Just wasn't sure where to post before so I have also posted a thread on the private forum. Looking forward to cheering you on as well.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes I plan on transferring everything. My place is not a small fee for FET. It is $3450 and that can add up. What is your fee?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    they said that maybe I not do a day 6 transfer only if they can't test on day 5. I have an appointment today so I am hoping for new info.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yea i would hope they could get you in on day 5....let me know how it goes... where are you cycling?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast