Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question RMA OR NYU in NYC - PGD family balancing

I am ready to make my final decision but I need help!

RMA, they offer a fresh day 6 transfer. He said must use ISCI, and second time I will do FET.

NYU, i can do isci but they tell me not to for PGD. They will do a day 6 transfer, Dr. licarddi said I can do whatever i want. He suggests no ISCI, and to Do FET.

I need to pick one and go with it. Who has done NYU, PGD and ended up pregnant?
    I know more success stories from RMA, and only one from NYU. Please if someone
    can help me & tell me which place I should pick. We are starting the beginning of next year.

Thanks!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bows&Ribbons got pregnant at NYU (she is due this week I think!)
    (2003), (2006), (2009), and our HT (2012)
    Cycle #1 RMA in NYC october 2011 (I was 37 then) - 15 eggs retrieved - 11 mature - 7 fertilized normally - 5 blasts sent to PGD (24 chromosome PCR), frozen on day 6. 3 normal: 2 XY... 1 XX!
    FET/SET jan 30 2012 - Feb 5: BFP!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I KNOW I AM worried about NYU not putting me on the right meds.
    And, Nyu said i can do isci and i can do fresh day 6.
    I don't know if fresh day 6 is the way to go, or if FET is.
    NYU says FET only

RMA says Day 6 fresh first transfer.

Oh, Bows & Ribbon did get pregnant on day 6 transfer at NYU.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi I am at nyu now with dr licciardi. They just cancelled my transfer on Monday cause I had no male embryos that were good. So I just basically did all that for nothing. He told me to do a five day biopsy and then frozen transfer but I insisted fresh and had the 3 day biopsy hoping for day 5 transfer. No luck. Out of 17 eggs no normal males but had two great females. I am trying to find out why doesn't nyu offer a day 6 fresh transfer? He is a good doc but not very accessible for questions. Where is Rma? I want to try one last time but don't know what to do. I had two failed fet before. Don't favor frozen? Anyone had success with frozen after pgd?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for responding. I will not be using dr licciardi. U on my 10th story I heard about ivf pgd failing on their first cycle at nyu. Did u use is Isci. Nyu the only fertility doesnt believe in is Icsi which is wrong! Did u transfer one or two? U can get a fresh day 6 day call reprogentics it's extra $700. What day did they biopsy on? Day 3? The norm for pgd is blastocyst on day 5, unless u r willing to put in two or three. Nyu does offer a fresh u need to pay and request. Rma on 59/madison offers fresh day 6. He did say dr gruntled said its a 45% implantation fresh or frozen. He said there is a 10% chance I my loose my frozen embeds. Have u heard that? Also what did dr l Meds did he put u on? U r doing pgd for a male? Find out if they used Isci since I spoke to argh reprogentics and they require Isci. What kind of biosphere did u do? I plan on testing for all 24 chromosomes on day 5. My cousin got pregnant with twins from a pgd fet cycle. I think it is possible. I heard tons of pgd success stories with frozen I was starting to think fresh was bad! So your story at nyu w/ the same dr I saw is interesting. I felt dr l told me what I wanted to hear instead of facts! Are u paying out of pocket and how old r u? I'm 35

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With day three bisopy u can get a lot of abnormal embryos and day 5 is the new norm. But my cousin got preg few years ago in Atlanta with twins from a fet from a three day biospy so it's possible. I think u need to do it another month? Will u do set or transfer more thn one embie?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My consult at RMANY was with a different doctor (Klein). He told me with a fresh SET, he thought I'd have 50% chance of success if I just tested for gender, higher if I tested all chromosomes. However I am 27 years old. He wanted to test on day 5 even if I only tested for gender because he think it's not as hard on the embryo. But I'm going to be testing everything because I want the highest chance of success. He said FET would be lower odds, but only a little lower. I'll be interested to see how many normals I actually end up with because 50% odds seems really high for one untested embryo...

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi I did the biopsy on day 3 I had 9 fertilized. I am 33 trying for a boy with four girls already. Out of the 9 three were male and none were good to transfer. One had an extra chromosome one didn't grow and the other one looked good but tested monosomy 20 which dr l said can have biopsied again on day five rushed and if good transferred the following day. Called repro they told me it would be over 3000 just to do that and chances are that it would come out the same. Apparently it's better to biopsy day 5 more accurate is what they said. I really wanted fresh so I decided to do day three with day five transfer unfortunately had nothing to transfer. Two years ago I used dr styne she was at east coast fertility funny she is at Rma now. I did a 5 day biopsy with her froze seven good males did two separate transfers and both failed. I been down the frozen path and it just didn't work for me. Maybe it was her she really screwed me up bad. I had to freeze cause I was really bad with ohss. In the hosp with 7 liters of fluid had to get tapped twice. Had 51 eggs retrieved. She never should have given me hCg with an estrogen over 8000. I would never go back to her. After east coast got taken over by long island ivf I guess she went to Rma of ny. I did call repro they said they can do the day six fresh with a rush but why didn't dr l or repro offer me that to begin with? Why do they need to do iciSi for that? I did have iciSi done two years ago I remember. I guess I didn't need it this last time. I really thought I would have had at least one normal to transfer maybe I would have if I did the day 5 instead. I am gonna try again with a day 6 transfer fresh day five biopsy. I just don't know where. I have changed centers so much I am sick of it. How soon can I try stimulation again? I want to do it right away. I would definitely transfer more than one ESP if frozen. They just don't seem to stick. Dr l put me on follistim 150 cause of history of ohss for 10 days and ganireElix for four days started that on day six with follistim and did lupron trigger. Lupron was amazing didn't feel a bit of what hCg did to me. He def put me on the best protocol although maybe if the follistim was higher I would have def made more eggs and had more to work without but I guess he was just cautious. Why do u think the meds nyu putting u in is wrong? Another thing about nyu I don't like is that no matter who ur dr is ur transfer and retrieval will be done by the dr who is on for the day. I really didn't like that. I picked dr l cause of his skill not some other dr. It is really impt ESP who transfers u! How is it at Rma? If I go to cooperMan will he do the transfer and retrieval? I would die if styne did it to me. Please explain why iciSi is required for day six fresh? I never heard that and I thought iciSi is offered at nyu. It's on their billing sheet as an extra. I did the fish test don't know why they array was not offered before. I basically got totally screwed this last cycle. ROYALLY. Will do the 24 array on day five biopsy for sure next round.