Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just had ER, wondering how many will make it to PGD?

Greetings! I'm new here. We just went through IVF and hopefully will have a healthy baby girl embryo to use. I had 15 eggs, 12 made it to icsi and 11 fertilized. Anyone out there know what kind of ratio/# make it to pgd? Or, what has happened to any of you? We don't get any updates until the night before our Day 6 transfer (this coming Friday) and I'm completely nerve wracked. Thanks so very much!

Ivf attempt
    15 eggs
    12 icsi
    11 fertilized!
    Me: 33
    DH: 35
    AMH: 3.6 / FSH: 6.4

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! How old are you and where did you cycle? Most of our HT info and cyclers are in the Member forum for which you need to become a Dream Member to join in. We have several cyclers now and cycle diaries from the past year of previous cyclers.

A lot depends on your age but if half of the fertilized embryos are healthy, it just comes down to your gender split. You should have a normal or two! Good luck!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Nuthinbutpink! Im 33 and I'm cycling at RMA in NJ. Appreciate your note and will keep my fingers crossed and also look into the dream membership, thank you!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks good rosey! Fingers crossed for 2 good embies!!
    2010 2013

Cycle #1: maart 2012 Genesis, 1xy BFN
    Cycle #2: juli 2012 Genesis, 2xy BFP but chemical
    Cycle #3: oktober 2012 Genesis, BFN

Hoping for

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with nbp, good luck!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much everyone! I never got a Day 3 update today, not sure if that's good or bad? Just have to stay positive that the embies make it to Thursday to go to PGD. Then hopefully I'll have some healthy girls to transfer 1 on Friday (I won't know till then). Fingers crossed and stay tuned :-). Thank you again for all the support!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Since you are doing day 5 testing, there will ne less to pgd. they say 1/2 of what is there is day 3 will be suitable for biopsy and then half are normal. This is VERY approximate but I agree you should get 1 or 2 in your gender.

I too agree on dream member it's a tiny fee but there is a whole other world going on in there. Most wont post in the public forum.

Good luck, I would ring tomorrow for a day 3, ask how many cells and what grade.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks all! I just got the call that 10 of 11 embryos made it to blast and can go to PGD! Hopefully that's a good # and gives me a better chance for a healthy girl embryo!! In people's experience, how did you end up with #s after PGD? Not sure how many embryos may be knocked out with PGD? hoping to have at least 1 healthy girl. Thanks for the advice! Day 6 transfer tomorrow morning if there's a XX.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you have you're transfer already?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just got home from transfer!! Great news, we ended up with 8 healthy embryos and it was 4 girls!!!! And, 4 boys. So we transferred 1 XX day 6 BB embie....fingers crossed this sticks!!! The Dr seemed very pleased with the embryo. I've been so nervous to go to the bathroom (had to though, sorry if TMI) and bed rest wasn't ordered but I'm definitely taking it easy this wknd and catching up on some rest after a stressful couple weeks and 10 days without power and heat...we live in NJ and were affected by Hurricane Sandy, luckily we still have our house and I'm so happy about having some back up embies on ice, it's a good day. gingers crossed and thanks again for checking in on me! Any advice on how to get through 2 ww? I go next Sat for first blood pregnancy test.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast