Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Freedom Fertility

I know I posted about this before.

I spoke to freedom fertility directly and they said that I should be covered for IVF drugs. I have Blue Cross (Empire) EPO.

For those of you who have Freedom Fertility, were you covered for the IVF drugs?

I figure I will not know 100% if I am covered until I would be ready to do a cycle.
    2003 2006 May 2010 (My VBA2C baby)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It depends on your insurance, no the pharmacy as to whether you are covered. You can directly call Blue Cross and ask them what your plan covers.
    and my HT

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lindi View Post
    It depends on your insurance, no the pharmacy as to whether you are covered. You can directly call Blue Cross and ask them what your plan covers.
    I called my insurance and they gave me the run around then when I called Freedom Fertility they took all of my information and took 2 weeks to call me back and put in a make believe claim and they said I would be covered for most of the ivf drugs.

I guess there is no way of knowing 100% until I actually do it.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used Freedom aswell, all my IVF drugs were covered, Except estrogen in oil, Medrol , Baby Asparin & Doxyc.

But most of the major meds like, Lupron, Gonal -F, Trigger shot were covered.

I used a different pharmacy for menopur & that was covered aswell

My Insurnance is BCBS , PPO

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mykids View Post
    I used Freedom aswell, all my IVF drugs were covered, Except estrogen in oil, Medrol , Baby Asparin & Doxyc.

But most of the major meds like, Lupron, Gonal -F, Trigger shot were covered.

I used a different pharmacy for menopur & that was covered aswell

My Insurnance is BCBS , PPO
    MyKids,

Thanks so much for this information. I also have Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO. I am not covered though for the IVF itself. Ae you covered for the IVF itself? What is the other drug company that you were able to use for the other drugs?

When they put the IVF drugs through did you need any prior authorization and I am assuming you are not covered for the ivf itself so was it pretty straight foward? I made about 5 calls and got all different answers on if I am covered or not. Thanks so much. You have the same insurance as me.

I would love to know if I am definately covered or not because I can save a few thousand then. Last when I spoke to freedom fertility they told me that I was covered. I just am having a hard time believing it because I feel the last minute they will want proof and paperwork or something supporting it for it being IVF drugs if that makes sense.
    Last edited by NYFamilyOfFiveRoses; March 16th, 2011 at 07:43 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oooh, I hope that works out for you NY!!! Anything that can help save a bit of money.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I replied to your PM. roses

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been getting the run around as well trying to order my meds. I too have blue cross blue shield ppo. Each company though determines what insurance coverage they want their employees to have. My insurance is not contracted with Freedom Fertility but they are contracted with a specialty fertility pharmacy part of Walgreens. Luckily I got helped by a sharp gal at Freedom Fertility who provided me with this information. My quote from Freedom was $5k so I was freaking out! I'm still waiting to hear what my coverage will be but I've already been told that Lupron is covered and my copay is $10. I hope you've gotten your meds figured out by now but thought I'd share my experience in case anyone else is wondering about the meds.