Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face PGD or just naturally?

I am in such a conflict.

I have two girls and want a boy, it is going to be our last baby, I want to make sure the gender but my husband thinks I am silly.

Money is one of the concerns, but the most of the concern from my husband is that he thinks the process of producing in the lab can not be accepted. He doesn't know how he will handle to face the PGD baby. the process also includes discarding the embros which he can not bear and he thinks it like an abortion.

I don't want to bring the dark atmosphere into our marriage by trying to persuade him and I also feel we May success on sway as we have never done sway for our two girls, but I also want to make sure the gender.

My head is spinning and swinging, I just don't know which way I should go.

2. Likes CdinGA liked this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If DH isn't on board then it sounds like your decision has already been made. If you cannot come to grips with the fact that you may have another girl, I would do nothing for now. If you can truly accept that number 3 may be a girl and want to try, I would do everything you can to sway your odds and go for it! Lots of people have an opposite after two of the same.

Your DH has some very fundamental objections to IVF it sounds like so that just doesn't seem like the right path for you today.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! In my opinion I think if hubby feels that way about HT it's prob going to be hard to change his mind. I struggled with the decision on what to do with my extra embryos. My hubby wanted them destroyed, and this is the decision we came too because he felt strongly about it. But when I had my transfer yesterday and Dr asked me what I wanted to do with them I felt completely overcome with indecision and guilt. I was looking right at them on a printout. I think when someone thinks it's abortion (I have a very close friend who feels the same way) they tend to feel quite strongly about it. Even if you did go HT and are fertile there's still no guarantee this will work for you straight away, it could take a few attempts. I wish you all the best with which ever way you decide to go, this is a fabulous sight to be on for support with swaying and ht!!
    Pinkdreamz

09 11 13. For 14

HRC
    Cycle 1 Aug 2014
    15 August 24 eggs retrieved
    19 fertilised
    3 Normal XX!!
    Tfr'd 1 XX 21/8
    BFP!!

Feeling like I'm one step closer to my

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have any good advice, just wanted to say welcome and let me know if I can help.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks very much everyone! Sometimes I just want to talk to someone who can be fair and supportive to my feeling. I know it is such a hard decision. Even harder when i know i am very fertile, sometimes i just prefer i am not, so I can access ivf reasonably( I am in australia, pgd for family balance is illegal).
    It is such a hidden burden in my heart. I so appreciate all your replies!!