Poll: What was your household income when you started HT?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you :-)

Im booked in at Genesis for feb, really hoping to see some more bfp's from there soon :-/// x

Cycle one, Genesis Feb 2013, 2xx BFN :-(
    Cycle two, Genesis June 2013, 3xx BFN :-(
    Cycle three, Genesis May 2014, 2xx 7dpt BFP!! 1st Beta 11dpt 405.7 :-) 2nd Beta 15dpt 2304. 6wks 6days 1 Heartbeat seen!!!
    12 week scan shows a beautiful baby, very happy!!!!!
    20 week scan all perfect and it really is a GIRL!!!

Our little daughter is finally here, safe and sound x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Could not afford it on my income, I inherited money from my grandfather and set it aside for this. It wasn't a huge amount and I'm not sure how much will be left after, depends on how many tries it takes.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    Gizmo, are you thinking about HT in the future?
    yes *i* am thinking it, but havent really truly discussed it with DH. DD3 is only 4 mos so i have a way to go. i just turned 35 so im anxious and hoping not to have to use donor eggs. im also in california now so im closER to dr potter but he is still a 6-8hr drive from me. i also want to only have to pay for 2 cycles tops. so im trying to figure out if i should just go to HRC or go to the one thats closer to me (an hrs drive). which one would i have a better chance with?
    1st step is i have to finish breastfeeding. next step is to find out if DH is okay with a 4th kid and the next is to convince him to do PGD. there s no way i will try naturally again. i just know if i do ill have a 4th girl and im not willing at this point. i love my DD's DEARLY SO much, but i am also so desperate for a boy. i keep trying to convince myself its not a big deal not to have a boy but these feelings keep coming back. and truthfully ive ONLY seen myself with boys which is such an odd thing that i have all girls!
    anyway, im hoping within 2-3 yrs we can do and afford this. just wondering with so many out there doing this, how everyone is able to. and if they are in the same financial situation as us..or is it doable with less? etc. and if i wait longer will it get cheaper? just some questions in my mind!

Polpectomy/Hysteroscopy complete (2 polyps)
    June ER @ HRC
    30 retrieved, 24 mature, 23 fertilized, 17 to biopsy, 5 normal, 2xy!, 1 transferred, 1 frozen
    HB seen at 6w4d!

I can't believe I did this!

My HT son
    My family is complete. Baby fever resolved!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We were going to wait until March of 2013 to go HT because my DH gets a good bonus check that month but then I found out that fertility coverage is mandatory in our state and our insurance actually covers 90% of all fertility treatments. I really lucked out! I had some infertility issues back in 09 when we lived in Texas and was not covered for anything so had to pay out of pocket. My best friend signed up for a new credit card that had 0 APR for 1 or 2 years to do her IVF - that's always a possibility. Good luck Gizmo!!
    DS#1 in 2008 08/09 11/09 DS#2 in 2011
    Due Date for is April 17th, 2014!

Cycle #1 at FCNE, Nov. 2012: 7 eggs retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized. Batching the 3 embryos to add to another cycle in early 2013.
    Cycle #2 at FCNE, Feb. 2013: Cancelled Cycle due to poor response.
    Cycle #3 at FCNE, May 2013: 4 eggs retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, unthawed the 3 on ice. Out of 6 embryos, 4 made it to biopsy (day 5 aCgh) - 3 abnormal XY's and 1 healthy XX!! Planned FET on July 30th,2013.
    BFP on 6dp5dt!! 1st Beta: 271 on 10dp5dt!! 2nd Beta:

LOVE LOVE LOVE my 2 little dudes but now hoping to add a or to our family!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tickled Pink! View Post
    We were going to wait until March of 2013 to go HT because my DH gets a good bonus check that month but then I found out that fertility coverage is mandatory in our state and our insurance actually covers 90% of all fertility treatments. I really lucked out! I had some infertility issues back in 09 when we lived in Texas and was not covered for anything so had to pay out of pocket. My best friend signed up for a new credit card that had 0 APR for 1 or 2 years to do her IVF - that's always a possibility. Good luck Gizmo!!
    Who do you have for insurance? We've got HP. I talked to Tammy about batching, but she thinks HP will force me to use any eggs. I really hate insurance companies! $1,000/month and they aren't covering ICSI (or PGD, but we knew that part). Now I find out they aren't even covering any of my prescriptions!!! WTH!?
    (DD '89), (DS '92), (DD '99), (DD '05),
    (DS '10),(DS '12)(DS '12) (DS x 2 '13)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We have Blue Cross Blue Sheild (Access Blue New England). Bummer about the prescriptions Tinks!
    DS#1 in 2008 08/09 11/09 DS#2 in 2011
    Due Date for is April 17th, 2014!

Cycle #1 at FCNE, Nov. 2012: 7 eggs retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized. Batching the 3 embryos to add to another cycle in early 2013.
    Cycle #2 at FCNE, Feb. 2013: Cancelled Cycle due to poor response.
    Cycle #3 at FCNE, May 2013: 4 eggs retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, unthawed the 3 on ice. Out of 6 embryos, 4 made it to biopsy (day 5 aCgh) - 3 abnormal XY's and 1 healthy XX!! Planned FET on July 30th,2013.
    BFP on 6dp5dt!! 1st Beta: 271 on 10dp5dt!! 2nd Beta:

LOVE LOVE LOVE my 2 little dudes but now hoping to add a or to our family!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    My DH has a good job. I have known of people doing this that make very little though. It's about what you can save and what things you can cut back on. There's always a credit card too. Works like a loan essentially. And finally, some people are able to use insurance even when infertility is not an issue.
    so in a perfect scenario, if you had the best insurance, technically, would all someone need to pay for is the PGD costs (about 6-7K per cycle)?

Polpectomy/Hysteroscopy complete (2 polyps)
    June ER @ HRC
    30 retrieved, 24 mature, 23 fertilized, 17 to biopsy, 5 normal, 2xy!, 1 transferred, 1 frozen
    HB seen at 6w4d!

I can't believe I did this!

My HT son
    My family is complete. Baby fever resolved!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo77 View Post
    so in a perfect scenario, if you had the best insurance, technically, would all someone need to pay for is the PGD costs (about 6-7K per cycle)?
    PGD is around $3500-$5000. If meds are covered, yes.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a really interesting and helpful thread. The poll is great. We are nowhere close to being able to afford HT, but I think about it all the time.
    03 08

03-06-12

Diagnosed with PCOS in 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I won't lie, both dh and I work and have good jobs. I am lucky in that sense, but I think that even if I wasn't working, I would of done what it needed to get stuff done. I think that having the baby naturally and not having the sex you want is going to cost you a lot more in the long run. We used some savings but basically paid for each time cycle by cycle and didn't have the big family holiday we would of had last year.

The worst thing is that you could outlay all this money and it not be successful, that is the worst thing. I don't regret a penny I have spent now my baby girl is onboard, but if she wasn't don't know how I would feel.

I do think though that if you are in CA, then you can't go by Dr P, he is really good at what he does. I would also not wait too long, if you don't want to be pregnant again so soon, if you aren't breastfeeding you can always cycle and keep the embryos frozen. If you wait 2 or 3 years, it is just getting in that harder category and you may have to pay more for the same result of now.

Good luck, once I started discussing it with dh he got on board with it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast