Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does this option exist? Is it available in the UK?

I was talking to a friend who also experienced GD and said I felt guilty at the idea of spending thousands on HT when I might not even get pregnant (it would take us years to save so wouldn't have the option of more than 1 attempt) when that money could pay for something like a family holiday or new car.
    She said she'd seen something when she was looking into HT. That you pay a few hundred pounds, they send you something that DH puts a 'sample' in and it freezes it or something to keep it fresh, you send it to them, the remove all the boy sperm and send you back the girls.
    Something about it seems impractical, but also the perfect answer. Cheaper, no need to travel places, have length appointments, no one would even need to know. Is it true? Is it legal? Where would I look for this service?
    Feb 2006 Oct 2007 March 2010 Oct 2013

Hoping the future holds a for us......

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are sperm spinning options but far from a guarantee. There is to way to remove "all" sperm of a certain gender. They are using something like Ericsson.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The sperm sorting or spinning or Erickson method, I think it's only 65-75% effective, which sounds great but "naturally" you should have a50/50 so really it's not a great % and you have a decent chance at an opposite. It's not really cheap (cheaper than pgd for sure) as you have to do an elective IUI too.
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh really? Thats not that great at all then, I kind of figured if they could separate them they'd be able to do it completely. I tried to google gender selection in the uk but from what I can see it would require you to leave the country for a week as they can't do the final step here. Its even less of an option now I know it can't even be done in this country.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately you do need to go abroad and to guarantee gender do IVF/PDG. There are some clinics in CZ that seem much cheaper than anywhere else, and you can do a planned FET so would not need to be away for long 2-3 days each time, but would obviously need two trips.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have anyone willing to help out with the boys and don't really feel I can take them for something like this, even if I took them in the guise of a holiday, I would have nothing to do with them when I had to go to appointments. Family would really not be happy to help if they knew we wanted 'another baby'
    Money wise its not an option anyway but I just keep hoping some miracle will come along and there'll be the perfect option.
    I guess I'll just have to go with swaying.

Thanks for all of your help ladies

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    my question is, how would you know that what you got back was a) viable and b) your husband's sperm?

NO sperm spinning method is 100% and I have a friend who got a boy from an over 90% girl sperm sort via MS. I would save the money you'd use on that and put towards your HT stuff.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by carmella_marie View Post
    The sperm sorting or spinning or Erickson method, I think it's only 65-75% effective, which sounds great but "naturally" you should have a50/50 so really it's not a great % and you have a decent chance at an opposite. It's not really cheap (cheaper than pgd for sure) as you have to do an elective IUI too.
    not only that but Ericcson does not even alter the gender ratio of the sperm. it's still 50-50 X and Y, this has been tested and proved and even Ericcson himself has admitted it. But he claims that for some reason this 50-50 sperm goes onto make more X or Y babies anyway. No one else has gotten it to work other than licensed Ericsson clinics even when using Ericcson's own directions.

Name:  skeptical_dog1-180hprn.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  23.9 KB

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Two very good points. HT isn't really much of an option, it would take years to even get one go. Which was why I was looking for another way. I wanted better chances than swaying with the chance of more tries than HT. If I could be 100% I'd fall pregnant first go then I'd go for it.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I gotcha. chances are about the same as with swaying and odds of conception even with straight IUI under ideal circumstances are about 10-20% and I would bet dollars to donuts the odds of conception would be much lower with this method.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast