Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation How much does IVF with PGD cost?

There is a range depending on where you cycle but in the United States, the average cycle runs between $11,000- $20,000 per attempt. This may not include medications or travel expenses. This is per attempt.

Frozen Embryo Transfer that happen after a fresh cycle attempt are much less and range from $3500-$5000 plus medication and travel.

How does one pay for IVF/PGD?

• Cash
    • Credit card(a zero-interest card)
    • Insurance is a possibility if you have infertility coverage with no pre-requisite for IVF services and medication may be covered even when the IVF part is not
    • Loan

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have read a lot about embryo adoption. With all the people on this site that are interested in or going through with IVF-PGD, I wondered if there was ever any embryos available for adoption. I have a personalized sway plan, but would seriously consider adopting a female embryo. Let me know if anyone has any information on this, please.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    People on here have given their remaining embryos up for adoptions but I am not sure how the laws work in each state and what they can do with them or if the center has control over that process. Anywhere that does a lot of GS may be a good place to start to call and ask if there are options for adopting an embryo that has been PGD'd.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just had a quick question.. our budget would be maxed at $40,000 for IVF in total plus I do have insurance that I checked will cover blood work tests, etc. Does this actually seem achievable with my price range? I live in the US so that may have an advantage, also my husband and I are both in our twenties so they may also be a help. Sorry for the question I just have no idea of where to start and had a few questions.
    Harrison 9/2/2010
    Hudson 6/26/2012
    Anderson due 12/1/2013!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Absolutely!! I spent $14000 on one cycle plus $3500 for a frozen transfer. $12,500 per attempt is possible and frizen(if you have extra embryos) is an average of $3500. 40k is a lot!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And being in your 20's will for SURE help..
    Cycle#1 Jan/Feb 2013: 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 1 expanded blast frozen to batch.

Cycle #2 May/June 2013: 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen. Sending all 4 to Natera: 2 normals- 1 girl (cycle 2) & 1 boy (cycle 1)

Cycle #3 September 2013: 11 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 4 biopsied. 2 normal boys

FET #1: October 25th: BFN

Cycle#4: Feb/March 2014: 12 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized. 1 normal XX! Transfer March 3rd. BFP: 3/9/14!!!! Beta: 7dp6dt:38, 9dp6dt:139!, 6weeks 1 day: heartbeat!!!

She's here and I'm in love

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you ladies!! we are so excited to start
    Harrison 9/2/2010
    Hudson 6/26/2012
    Anderson due 12/1/2013!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Everyone,
    I have a quick question about Nothingbutpink's comments; are you saying that the process for transferring an embryo gets cheaper once the embryo has been frozen?
    Thanks,
    Essie

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We are just beginning our cycle for IVF and it will run around $20,000 for doctor's fees, clinic fees, PGD, ICSI, and Frozen transfer, plus storage of up to 8 embryos. Later frozen transfers are cheaper because you do not have to stimulate with medicines and go through a surgical procedure to retrieve eggs and then perform PGD on the embryos. This is what reduces the cost dramatically.
    Married to my High School Sweetheart.
    14 10 3 and our miracle (3/7/16)

Last sway for ended with a beautiful baby .

Surprise BFP Sept 2013...Ended in (D&C 11/19/13 - No HB at 11 weeks)
    Tried each month with no success at pregnancy on our own from 12/13-9/14. Moved on with RE.

IUI #1 with Injectables 10/17/14 = BFN at 14 DPIUI
    IUI #2 with Injectables 11/14/14 = BFN at 11 DPIUI

FET "Baby Stella" 3/17/15 = BFP betas 22,44,51,52...CP :

Donor Embryo Attempt 2 - FET 7/10/15 - BFP!!

Betas...10 p5dt = 177
    12 dp5dt = 534 (30.1 hours doubling time!)
    14 dp5dt = 1339 (36.2 hours doubling time!)
    17 dp5dt = 3993 (45.7 hours doubling time!)
    21 dp5dt = 5839 (175 hours doubling time)...trying to be positive...HRC suggested that both implanted and one didn't make it...had pink spotting on 19dp5dt please don't leave us yet little one.
    23 dp5dt = 12,292!
    28 dp5dt = 29,504
    1 Beautiful seen at 6w3d (measuring 6w1d) 123 bpm! Heartbeat seen again at 8w3d 180 bpm!
    Anatomy Scan at 17 weeks shows a happy and healthy little girl!

"Life is not what it's supposed to be. It's what it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference." Virginia Satir

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey ladies, just wanted to get some more info for a dear friend of mine who is keen on IVF/PGD in gender selecting, resides in New York and wanted to ask about any clinics you guys would recommend.. I did refer her to the clinic of human reproduction center in Manhattan who offer this.. But she wanted to find out about multiples as she was interested in multiple pregnancies. Do you know how she can find out of her insurance ( fidelis) will cover part of the treatment, although she is not infertile she's not sure if they will..
    Married To my Teenage Sweet since 2009

Mummy to 2011 & Newly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast