Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Petitepuce View Post
    Hi nuthinbutpink,

Thanks for you answer. I am new to the forum so can you tell me how I can join the Dream member section?

You said:
    "They will push for 8-probe which is what she used but you can insist on 5-probe. The more you test for with FISH, the higher the odds are that one will test as being abnormal but further testing would show it is in fact normal. "

Why **** pushes for 8-probe? It is better?
    If you do 5-probe, you do not have a risk to have a baby with deases? It is so complicated...
    Most of our IVF content is in the Dream Member Private forum.

This is the public forum.

FISH has a high false abnormal rate. The more proves you use, the greater the chance at discarding a healthy embryo.

Pregnancy rates have been proven to NOT be higher when using FISH for PGD so it doesn't make sense to use more probes than necessary when all you really want is gender.

All FISH can show you is if the chromosomes are there or not. Can the embryologist see two 13's, 18's, etc. it CANNOT tell you if the arm of one is defective or if there is a missing gene. So, it may look okay but it may not be okay. aCGH and Natera check around 200 things per chromosome. FISH checks 1.

Use 5-probe FISH if you cycle there. It will eventually be phased out completely.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is the private forum area-

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/foru...-private-forum

You can't see the posts until you become a member. $12 annually
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink rose View Post
    Hi mojos I'm going to cycle at **** & hoping I get a girl do you think it's better to do 5 probe & just test for gender. I'm a bit confused could you tell me the difference between 5 & 8 probe. Sorry for all these questions! Thank you. Xx
    5 probe = 13, 21, 18, X and Y gender is already included. 8 probe, they add 15, 16 and 22 to the test.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    Mojos, congrats! Could you tell us about your pretesting please?

AFC
    FSH
    AMH
    Thank you NBP. My pretesting was not good so its not to be relied on. The hormonal levels were not tested on day 2/3 of my cycle. AFC and AMH not known. FSH was 2,9 U/l

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Letibe 77,

Hotel SILENZIO Hotel Silenzio Hotel - Prague - Czech Republic - With 33 guest reviews

I stayed there It's lovely.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi nuthinbutpink,

Thanks for you answers.
    If I understand well, if I do Fish 8-prob, I will only be sure that the embryos have all the chromosoms checked but not that there are all ok? So indeed, it is not better to check more chromosoms.

I am interested in chosing the sex of course as I want a girl but it would be great to avoid some of the major deases. So it would better to ask for Natera? Is it possible to do it at ****?
    Already have a marvelous and I cycled mid November 2013 to conceive our HT

7 eggs retrieved, 6 mature, 6 fertilized, 5 HB sent for CGH test, 5 healthy HB!!! 3 xx !

We transferred the first one on January the 9th and I was pregnant, BUT I had to let go my little girl on March the 19th at 12 weeks because she had to many malformations (nothing to do with chromosomes)...

After two cancelled FET because of too thin lining, we found out that I have synechias because of abortion. Will have to undergo a surgery beginning of September (hysteroscopy and laparoscopy) to sort out my problems. Hope to have a natural FET end of 2014/ very beginning of 2015 and finally have my DD!!!

Dear G'd, please makes my remaining xx become my so dear girl

So remember: forget about the number of eggs. Only the quality matters at the end!!!

"You are the master of your own destiny", I am trying to stick on this though and hope I am right!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wanted to say Natera or aCgh?

7 eggs retrieved, 6 mature, 6 fertilized, 5 HB sent for CGH test, 5 healthy HB!!! 3 xx !

We transferred the first one on January the 9th and I was pregnant, BUT I had to let go my little girl on March the 19th at 12 weeks because she had to many malformations (nothing to do with chromosomes)...

After two cancelled FET because of too thin lining, we found out that I have synechias because of abortion. Will have to undergo a surgery beginning of September (hysteroscopy and laparoscopy) to sort out my problems. Hope to have a natural FET end of 2014/ very beginning of 2015 and finally have my DD!!!

So remember: forget about the number of eggs. Only the quality matters at the end!!!

"You are the master of your own destiny", I am trying to stick on this though and hope I am right!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    C offers CGH on day 5. But they don't do it on their own they give it to another lab that only does CGH.
    **** does FISH in their own lab.
    I think Natera isn't available in europe.
    Last edited by lisvna; April 22nd, 2015 at 05:08 AM.

HT 2016 in CZ R.-

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Letibe for your answer. Are you talking about CGH or aCGH?
    I guess that is better to do the tests in C but aCGH allows to test the embryos for deases which seams great but less chance of transfer...
    Grrrrr, it is so hard to know what is the best.
    What do you recommend?
    Last edited by lisvna; April 22nd, 2015 at 05:09 AM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But every clinic has the cgh test performed outside , HRC an all american clinic do the same
    Me : 37 DH : 46

Cycle 1 : HRC jan. 2013 / NT
    cycle détails here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/west...-transfer.html

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast