Thread: Natera Update

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Natera Update

Hello GenderDreamers. I am sad to report that Natera will no longer be doing PGD for fresh transfers for the time being. This will be in effect 3/1/13 for most centers and 3/15/13 for a few special cases.

Natera will continue to offer PGD for day 5 all freeze specimens.

This change is being done for purely business reasons. Natera and myself still believe that we have the best PGD product on the market.

Natera has made a decision to focus the manpower that they have on the new Panorama test for the immediate future. As some of you are aware, Natera has launched Panorama, a non-invasive pre-natal diagnostic test that allows us to determine whether the child the patient is carrying is has one of the major aneuploidy syndromes and also whether it is a boy or girl (as well as paternity). Quite simply, the response to Panorama has been overwhelming and Natera has had to make the a decision use its available manpower to address this demand. In taking the fresh PGD testing off-line, Natera will be able to focus on servicing Panorama and a likely IPO over the year 2013. Natera remains committed to PGD and when fresh Natera PGD is relaunched, hopefully in 2014/15, we will be using sequencing technology along with our proprietary infomatics. This will allow very rapid turn around times and easily accommodate day 5 biopsies with fresh day 6 transfers or day 3 biopsies with day 5 transfers. I will be personally exploring the question as to whether we improve pregnancy rates using Natera and all freeze or aCGH with a day 6 transfer. This remains an open question and I intend to accumulate data on this matter and present it to the public as soon as I have sufficient data to present.

I will remain Laboratory Director for Natera for the immediate future until a suitable replacement can be found and we can transition to the new Director. The responsibilities of being Laboratory Director of what is rapidly becoming a very large company require more attention than I can manage and still practice medicine. I will remain Laboratory Director of the PGD division after this transition has been completed.

As for my practice, I will continue to offer Natera Day 5 biopsy on ‘all freeze’ cases but will be forced to transition to day 5/day 6 aCGH for all fresh cases. I am working with an aCGH laboratory to create a hybrid test that will improve accuracy with the Y chromosome and other small chromosomes. For cases currently in process at my center, we will continue to use the Natera day 3 with day 5 transfer for all cases biopsied on or before 3/15/13. All cases beyond that will be aCGH day 5 biopsy and day 6 transfer.
    Daniel A. Potter, MD
    Medical Director, HRC Fertility Newport Beach, California
    Laboratory Director, Natera (formerly Gene Security Network)
    http://www.amazon.com/What-When-You-...keywords=hanin
    http://www.danielapottermd.com
    @ivfgenderselect

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, Dr. Potter. I'm in MA so we are pretty much restricted to 5 day PGD and freeze (which I'm told is best regardless). Is it possible to set up a consultation with you prior to our PGD testing? We are going with a full 24 panel for boys after 2 failed 5 panels probes with another clinic/lab.
    I've personally spent the last year trying to improve our odds for a successful pregnancy and the journey though positive and long, has proved to uncover many, many concerns.

Thank you
    Bonnie
    (DD '89), (DS '92), (DD '99), (DD '05),
    (DS '10),(DS '12)(DS '12) (DS x 2 '13)