Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dr. Potter would LOVE your opinion!

I am soon turning 28 my husband is 30. We have 2 girls expecting a 3rd. I have never had any trouble getting pregnant. We are both very healthy and fit. I would love to do pgd ivf to have a boy but just can't afford it. I came across a doctor in Kentucky (5 hrs away) who does sperm sorting and iui for $1500-2000 a cycle. They say 1 in 4 chance of getting pregnant with one cycle and 78% boy. What do you think of that? I was thinkin about having Dh take Cyvita to prepare also.

Gender Select - We offer a laboratory procedure that can increase the odds of producing a male or female child at an affordable cost.
    DD1 DD2 DD3

HT August 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Stalking this thread...good luck Alyssasmom and please take all of my blue dust!
    2012 (my sweetest little bug)

2013 Thank you Atomic Sagebrush and Gender Dreaming!

Link to my successful girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anybod??? :/
    DD1 DD2 DD3

HT August 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are happy with a 78% chance of a boy if the IUI is successful, then you could give it a try. It is cheaper and probably more convenient (and a lot less stressful) than a full IVF cycle. But if they give you a 25% chance of getting pregnant per cycle at $1500 to $2000, it may take a few cycles and cost more in the long run. IVF has a greater chance of success per cycle at the right clinic.

However, for me, going HT was about the guarantee. I wanted to have a DD in addition to my three gorgeous sons. Doing a full IVF cycle would mean that if I was lucky enough to get pregnant, I would have a greater than 99% chance that my baby would be a girl. I am not trying to talk you into doing one thing or the other, but at your young age, you have time to decide.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, all about the guarantee of gender. I've seen people use Microsort with IUI and get pregnant with an opposite. It's a very hard fall.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If its a choice between swaying and trying this once, at 28 I would be tempted to sway with the sort!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If I def. couldn't afford ht, and I could handle getting pregnant with another gender of what I already had, then I would do it.

But I agree, for me, it would be a hard fall if it was the opposite gender, or really hard if the cycle didn't work and then I had to pay for another or not at all as I would be thinking it would only be a few more thousand to do IVF .....

For me, I don't think Id cope well with another pregnancy unless I knew it was 99% my desired gender as I found it hard the last time.

But, if there was no way we could afford ht in the future, and if I could be happy with an opposite, Id do it alongside a sway for sure. And if I could loose the money with it not working, and not be hard up for it too as that would effect my choice

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you ladies. I am young and so is dh but I really wsnt a guarantee I never imagined having more than 2 and soon it'll be 3 and still no boy so 4 is my max max. I have been emailing back and forth with an ivf pgd clinic in lebanan beruit and its $6000 us dollars and their success rates seem just amazing. The woman said I'd have to be in town for 21-25 days. Which is fine but what happens if I don't get pregnant or miscarry and am back to the states....so hard I am not sure if dh will want to pay up to $20k in the states
    DD1 DD2 DD3

HT August 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If the guarantee is a must for you, then I have to advise you to give IVF/PGD a go.

It is expensive, but then so is doing several IUIs. You have some of the best clinics in the world in the USA and gender selection is legal there, so I would not be tempted to travel internationally in order to save money.

There are clinics in the USA that offer IVF/PGD cycles around the $12K mark plus medications (which can also work out a couple of thousand). If you tried to do it on a budget I am sure you could manage it for $15K and have a 50-60% chance of taking home a baby of the gender you want.

It seems a lot in comparison to $6K in Lebanon, I know. BUT once you add in your international travel and meds there, you may still be up for $10K at least.

I think you have a greater chance of success at a tried and tested clinic in the USA. I don't know what statistics you were quoted, but a lot of clinics quote amazing success rates, we see them telling patients on this board 80% and they are nowhere near that in our real experience. Some of the ladies on the HT member forum have seen many, many cycles and at the top clinics the success rate is not even that high. HT is a big investment so it pays to shop around and do your homework.
    Last edited by zibibbogirl; May 18th, 2013 at 01:42 AM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zibibbogirl View Post
    If the guarantee is a must for you, then I have to advise you to give IVF/PGD a go.

It is expensive, but then so is doing several IUIs. You have some of the best clinics in the world in the USA and gender selection is legal there, so I would not be tempted to travel internationally in order to save money.

There are clinics in the USA that offer IVF/PGD cycles around the $12K mark plus medications (which can also work out a couple of thousand). If you tried to do it on a budget I am sure you could manage it for $15K and have a 50-60% chance of taking home a baby of the gender you want.

It seems a lot in comparison to $6K in Lebanon, I know. BUT once you add in your international travel and meds there, you may still be up for $10K at least.

I think you have a greater chance of success at a tried and tested clinic in the USA. I don't know what statistics you were quoted, but a lot of clinics quote amazing success rates, we see them telling patients on this board 80% and they are nowhere near that in our real experience. Some of the ladies on the HT member forum have seen many, many cycles and at the top clinics the success rate is not even that high. HT is a big investment so it pays to shop around and do your homework.
    I know your right....I have been thinking the same thing. There are several places very close to me locally that do ivf pgd. I'm just hoping to pick the right one. I'm almost 20 weeks pregnant with possibly and very likely my 3rd dd. Ill be 28 in 2 weeks. When should I start the process?
    DD1 DD2 DD3

HT August 2014

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast