Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Success with FET anyone?

Well, we did it. We did our research and found the high success rate clinic in SC and traveled there to chase my dream of having a little girl. We have two boys already and are desperate. I went through the pain of the injections, the monitoring, the waiting, the hoping, the praying. We had 12 eggs that made it until day 5 after the PGD was performed. Only 3 were chromosomally normal female embryos. We put two back and froze one (we were told since I was perfect with the embryos, perfect uterus, etc. I had over a 90% chance that it would work).

Before the two week wait was up, I started menstruating. I was devastated. The next day I had to hear the painful news I knew all along that the hcg level was 0. I have still not gotten over it.

Now we are here with 1 embryo left on ice and it is a blast, although not the highest grade, and we are debating on what to do now. The chance of an embryo surviving the thawing is only 60% we are told. I am not sure what to do. It was very difficult for us to save that amount of money to do it the one time, let alone go through the costs of a transfer again, the medication costs, travel costs, hotel costs, etc. I am just not sure if my heart can go through being broken again of another failed transfer and with only one embryo left at a dream.

Has anyone had positive experience with a frozen transfer?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to become a Dream Member so you can see the hundreds of past cycles, many of them FETs including mine. I don't understand a "60%" chance of surviving the thaw. If it was a blast and they use vitrification, there's no reason it shouldn't make the thaw. Please join us in the private forums.

FETs really can work. Mine is singing in the back seat right now!!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am now heavily pregnant with the only girl frosty we had! She was a hatching blast grade BB. this can absolutely happen for you. What probe did you do?
    and finally my ht !!!

Feb 2012 HRC, cycle cancelled because of a cyst couldn't start stims
    Aug 2012 HRC, 24 retrieved, 18 fertilised, 13 to GSN. Only 1 normal XY
    OMG - 1 XX self corrected!
    13December - FET transferred my DD

Thank you Dr Potter for making my dream come true!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am sorry what is a probe? The one that is frozen is a 3BB non hatched. They said that their clinic sees each individual embryo having an average of 60% chance of surviving thawing.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Probe is a testing done on an embryo. What abnormalities did they check for when they tested your emby? I think 60% is a very modest estimate. These days their thawing technologies are very good
    and finally my ht !!!

Feb 2012 HRC, cycle cancelled because of a cyst couldn't start stims
    Aug 2012 HRC, 24 retrieved, 18 fertilised, 13 to GSN. Only 1 normal XY
    OMG - 1 XX self corrected!
    13December - FET transferred my DD

Thank you Dr Potter for making my dream come true!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by b_fergie View Post
    I am sorry what is a probe? The one that is frozen is a 3BB non hatched. They said that their clinic sees each individual embryo having an average of 60% chance of surviving thawing.
    60% isn't really great for a blast. SC has 2 clinics that offer GS. The best rated one has a 38.5% FET live birth rate. It depends on what they freeze. In theory, in today's world, a blast frozen with vitrification should survive a thaw. Did you test on day 3 or day 5? What kind of PGD did you use? FISH, aCGH, PCR? It determines how many chromosomes of the embryos were tested and thus the potential health of the embryos you are transferring.

Some women just don't do well with fresh transfers with all of the meds in your system. FETs are much easier on the body.

There's no reason it cannot work for you. The SC don't do a ton of cycles but the success rates of the top clinic are good so they are doing something right.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe he meant 60% chance of pregnancy. The thaw should be 95%.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD