Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cost of transporting blastocysts to the US and having PGD done?

Hi

Does anyone know where I might get an idea of cost for this?

My DH and I have two blastocysts from a cycle done back in 2007. We got pg on the fresh transfer and then again on the first FET and we have 2 beautiful boys. We'd love a daughter and want to get these 2 embies checked to find out gender if possible.
    We live in New Zealand, so it would be costs of flying them over, having the pgd done and then flying them home. We would have transfer done back here in NZ.

Can PGD results sometimes be inconclusive or are they 100%?

thanks
    :-)

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there. What day were they frozen? 3 or really as blasts? I think you would need to check about how hard on them it might be to thaw, biopsy and refreeze and I would see if a fresh transfer here is possible if they can even be biopsied. You would have to find someone that has the capability of doing a day 5 biopsy and then ask them what the odds would be of them surviving all that or doing the fresh transfer day 6.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Its not really reccomended to freeze thaw freeze embreyos and they wont ship embreyos fromthe US back to Australia not sure about NZ!! I would think you would be best to start a new cycle + ship and defrost the embies you have so you can ensure you will have a healthy girls. But it is still a numbers game. Good Luck I Hope you get your girl

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes i was wondering about the whole thaw, biopsy, freeze, ship back to NZ, thaw, transfer process too! Seems such a waste but I really don't want to transfer and get another boy. I'd rather donate to another needy couple and look at adoption to make sure 100% we get a girl. We adore our boys but if we have a third I want a girl otherwise I'll just stick with my two. It kind of sounds horrible but I'm being honest. :-)

Admin - yes one is a day 5 blast and one is a day 6 blast, all from our cycle in 2007. :-)