Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Australian PGD website?

Hi. Does anyone in Aussie know anything about this website/clinic?

http://www.globalhealthtravel.com.au...FagZQgodAkUZTQ

Is it to good to be true (i.e. price wise) and thus is this website a scam? Thailand does sound a bit dodgy??

Is the only really safe way to do PGD via an American clinic?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ThaiSuperior ART is legit. Several have cycled there. Not sure of their stats but they are real.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's all correct and a cheaper option. We were very close to going and if it hadn't of been for IG would have. They have very low stats, are very conservative with meds and offer little support. They are 'partnered' with Sydney IVF. Must say though, the DR always emailed back within minutes of sending questions via email...

HRC January 2011 No Transfer
    HRC 2nd attempt July 2011
    May: Started DHEA

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Totally legit...have cycled there twice and heading back for cycle # 3 next month. Price is much more affordable for us than the US.
    Although I haven't been lucky to have a successful pregnancy yet I have to disagree with the above comment from xygene.
    There is no proof that their stats are low...that has only been deduced from a small number of women from the IG website who have not had success cycling there in the last year or so...they have had successes, just not meany from that website. I have contacted them and SIVF regarding their stats and have not been able to get anything set in stone at all which I will admit does not look good.
    I don't understand exactly what is meant by conservative with meds...their protocols are not as aggressive as they seem to be in the US but neither are the protocols in Australia. This has not been a bad thing for me...more aggressive does not always yeild beter quality eggs.
    I disagree wholeheartedly with the comment that they offer little support...that has not been my experience at all...in fact I have had wonderful support from them and have found all of my emails responded to promptly and follow up emails after I cycled...I am not sure if that is because I cycled from start to finish in Bangkok so perhaps I received more support than those who started in OZ (speculating)???? Maybe I have just been lucky.
    This is not an easy road and there is no disputing that some of the clinics in the US are enjoying great success. If it was an option for us we would travel to the US as I would love to have all 24 chromosomes tested but logistically it just doesn't work for us to cycle there...so Thailand is it for us.
    I am as frustrated and as disappointed as everyone else for those of us on the IG website who have not had success at SART but I am far from bitter and feel everyone should do their OWN research and work out the best options for themselves.
    Good luck with your journey.
    Fingers crossed for us all.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So very sorry didn't mean to offend, having reread it i can see that it could be taken out of context, I was just trying to say in a quick summary what i'd heard on IG and my friends experience not my own experience. My own experience was that the DR was always very good at getting back to us...
    GL

HRC January 2011 No Transfer
    HRC 2nd attempt July 2011
    May: Started DHEA

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It seems to me that the website is a bit like a travel agent and is charging you for doing the things you can quite easily do yourself. If you are happy to fork out extra for someone to organise everything then it looks good but otherwise it can all be done yourself without too much trouble.
    8 6 wishing for a
    Cycle 1 HRC in June 2011- cancelled cycle, no response at all.
    Cycle 2 at SART start stims Oct 10th Another cancelled cycle. No response.
    Cycle 3 at SART, started stims Dec 31st, cancelled AGAIN.
    Cycle 4 Donor eggs in South Africa May 2012, freezing and shipping to USA for PGD
    FET- 19th July- NT (only 2 normals, both boys)
    Cycle 5 Last shot- donor eggs at Genesis- Cyprus using his sperm sort, Jan 2013 BFN
    FET Feb 2013 BFP Miscarriage @ 6 wks.
    FET June 2013. On metaformin now for Insulin resistance. Mental health starting to border on insanity now. BFN
    FET July 2013. Last embie BFN

Cycle 6 Really truly last shot- Donor eggs HRC, planned all freeze Feb, 7XX frozen immune treatment for me
    FET May 2014 BFP Miscarriage @ 8 weeks
    FET Nov 2014 BFP Miscarriage @ 12 weeks
    FET Oct 2015 BFP Blighted ovum confirmed @ 8 weeks. Miscarriage.

SURROGACY!!!!! FET 1xx Feb 4th BFP, HB seen

My precious baby girl arrived Oct 19th 2016

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you personally need to be comfortable with where you choose to travel! I went to SART Oct last year with no transfer, and must say I had a great Holiday , but was very disappointed that there was no contact after cycle, not even replying to my Emails, when I left I asked Doctor if they could do a discount so I could come back to do another cycle and no reply. I currently on 3 days bed rest after transferring a XY yesterday at RFC . Go with your heart and good luck
    (2002) (2004) (2012)

BFP! 2 June
    1st Beta 8dp5dt 84 , 2nd Beta 10dp5dt 230, 3rd Beta 12dp5dt 499
    118/121 6weeks 3days

Our Little Boy was born 3 weeks early 25 january 2012

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have also since had another consult with my sivf re and he/she looked over both my cycles and told me to take dhea and go back to the U.S. That is very strange indeed, especially since they endorse Sart as a gs place. He/she never mentioned anything else. This made me wonder but was too embarrassed to ask.

Eternally grateful Dr P, Lori and lab team !

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jils04 View Post
    I have also since had another consult with my sivf re and he/she looked over both my cycles and told me to take dhea and go back to the U.S. That is very strange indeed, especially since they endorse Sart as a gs place. He/she never mentioned anything else. This made me wonder but was too embarrassed to ask.
    This is really disheartening to read when I start my injections today. I do hope I have made the right decision to cycle at SART and I am not just throwing my money away
    2007, 2009, 2012

Cycle 1 SART Bangkok - 43 eggs retrieved, 19 fertilized, 18 PGD, 4 normals 3XX and 1XY
    SET 25/06/11
    9dp5dt BFP : , 11dp5dt 278, 20dp5dt 13665, 24dp5dt 27787
    03/08/11 One Heartbeat 164 bpm
    My DD Harper Shae was born on the 27th Feb 2012 weighing 6lb 1oz

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi we are travelling to Bangkok next week for PGD, I can only use my experience but every time I have contacted I have heard back promptly, he has been very good at answering my questions and SIVF was also really good explaining everything to me when we had our initial meeting. She (from sydney IVF) said that it had good success rates and was a really good and nice clinic... will see next week.

For us, we can cycle 2 times at SART compared to once in the US (I am in Perth) and would have to travel with the 3 kids, so it came down to that. The travel and accommodation is costing more than the PGD.

Hopefully we get a BFP.
    13 years 11 years 6 years & our HT miracle 2 years

6 IVF Cycles(3 SART & 3 Genea), 4 FET cycles, 4 transfers, 3 Chemicals.

Sep 11 2012: Genea, FET, 1 day 5, CGH HB transferred.
    4dp5dt POAS BFP, 9dp5dt 67, 11 dp5dt 183, 17dp5dt 3832
    Full Cycle Details here Cycle Summary

Finally our beautiful baby girl was born 20th May, 2013

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast