Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

PGD and embryo grading question

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I went through an IVF stimulation cycle (no transfer) this month after a year of ttc including IUI. We decided to go to the PGD route for determining embryos that were euploid/genetically normal in order to ultimately transfer a single embryo. We wanted a singleton pregnancy outcome as we already have one 4 year old boy. When we were discussing PGD with the RE, we learnt that gender can also be determined via this procedure.

This week, the results of PGD came in. Out of 8 blastocysts we have frozen, 4 are genetically normal. Of the 4, two are boys and two are girls. However, from a morphological grading standpoint , the boys are graded A (day 5 blastocyst) and the girls graded B (day 6 blastocyst).

Given that we have a boy, we really like to transfer one girl embryo in a FET cycle even though its a B grade one. Has anyone here had success in transferring B grade genetically normal embryos with a successful pregnancy outcome?

Thanks.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just had my first transfer but I think mine may all be grade B (biopsied on day 6). That did not seem to be of concern to my RE.

Would it hurt (financially and time wise) to just attempt each of the XXs and fall back on the XYs? Your XXs may be less likely to stick but they are not out of the game by any means.
    DS1 2008
    DS2 2010

DH 33 Coming Along for the Ride
    And ME 32 Crazy about my boys but not complete without my

Cycle 1 CNY: 33 Eggs Ret. 22 Eggs Fert. 8 Blasts to day 5 acgh PGD.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What kind of testing? Full chromosome? If its a fully tested embryo, I wouldn't worry about A versus B at all.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I see far more babies here from B grades than A grades, have no idea why. Girls tend to be a little slower growing than boys so I wouldn't worry about it. If they were good enough to be frozen and survive thaw, they can make a baby. If they are fully tested not just FISH you have an excellent chance and if you only want one, transfer only one embryo.

My perfect princess in my Avatar was a B grade
    13 years 11 years 6 years & our HT miracle 2 years

6 IVF Cycles(3 SART & 3 Genea), 4 FET cycles, 4 transfers, 3 Chemicals.

Sep 11 2012: Genea, FET, 1 day 5, CGH HB transferred.
    4dp5dt POAS BFP, 9dp5dt 67, 11 dp5dt 183, 17dp5dt 3832
    Full Cycle Details here Cycle Summary

Finally our beautiful baby girl was born 20th May, 2013

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for all the responses. Good to know that B grade embryos do make it! I know that the doctor said that all 23 chromosomes were tested and that the 4 embryos were euploid. I am not sure exactly what test was used but ill ask them to be sure.

My transfer is scheduled in mid Feb, so i will update on outcome of first FET in late feb. We should be able to do a 2nd FET if needed, but it may be stretching us financially and time wise beyond that. We'll see.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to hijack this thread, but Glory just wanted to check, is your beautiful little girl a PGD baby? Where did you get it done? xx

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, what kind of costs are you looking at for a round of PGD? xx

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynn's Mummy View Post
    Also, what kind of costs are you looking at for a round of PGD? xx
    You can find info on glory's cycle in our Dream Member HT section. Most of the HT info and cyclers are in the Member section for privacy.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah ok, will sign up the members section :-)

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi everyone! I'm totally new to all this but my dh and I are considering IVF with PGD for gender selection next year. I am just starting to gather info and have signed up for a membership here but I'm not really sure where to look for related info!?

Since we will be doing this for gender selection for family balancing, it sounds like we will be paying everything out of pocket If that's the case, we will only have one shot at this (unless we end up with extra frozen (girl!) embryos, we *might* be able to add a FET or two!?)!?

I am also wondering if it is ever better to wait a cycle after the ER process to have the FET performed? Any info on this anywhere?

Also, I live in WI but am on the boarder of MN- anyone cycled at a location near here? My dh and I run a business and will not be able to travel for more than 3-4 days or so.

Thanks for any added help And GL to everyone!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast