Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/...ad.php?t=40830

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OMG nutinboutpink I'm going to copy that n my submission unless u would like to write something yourself

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is also the resources argument.

Firstly, it would be far more sensible to allow people access to IVF/PGD to balance their family after having 2+ of the one gender rather than people being forced to have additional children which puts strain on the family and on government services such as Medicare, schools etc… Many of these families are having children that (they would not otherwise have had) if their 2nd or 3rd child had been of the opposite gender.

Secondly, those people who want to do it are spending tens of thousands of dollars travelling to Thailand and the US to pursue GS. That money could be spent here. Genea is supporting SART in Thailand bc there is money to be made in this area. Why not keep the money in the country to benefit our economy rather than send it overseas?

On a related point there are potential benefits in having fertile women using IVF services as they may be willing to donate left over embryos to infertile couples or to research which can only benefit the IVF clinics and the infertile couples that use them. There is a desperate shortage of egg donors and embryos in Australia.
    Step (17)
    Step (15) & (12)
    Our IVF/ICSI twins (6) (OHW)
    Our HT DD (2)

14Cycle 1 (Dr Lin, CA): ER 14 Jan 2011. 5 eggs, 4 mature and fertilised w/ ICSI. 2 probe. Put back 2 XX's. 5dp5dt - BFP. 9dp5dt - 64. 13dp5dt - 81 Stop meds. 19dp5dt - 330. 22dp5dt - 890. 3 scans show small empty sac not progressing. Final scan before D&C at 7w5d shows HB 116 & a 5.5mm embryo measuring 6w1d. 8w4d - HB 144 & fetus is 11.5mm! 9w4d - no HB.....

Cycle 2 (Genea): ER 8 July 2011 (after 10 wks on DHEA). 9 eggs, 5 fertilised w/ ICSI, 2 embryo's sent for aCGH day 6 biopsy. 29 July - both normal XX's!!!

Cycle 3 (Genea): Natural FET 15 March 2012. 4dp5dt BFP. 9dp5dt - 251. 12dp5dt - 949. HB 133 @ 6w3d. Born 6 Nov 2012.

4. Likes netti02 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great points I'm going to write some points in my submission and if ok use these points. I have one of my boys at preschool so have an hr to quickly prepare this. These idiots do not deserve any more of my time but the argument will be there. Keep spreading the news. Who knows if genea is writing anything ?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great responses so far I really enjoyed reading them and I truely hope the laws can change in Australia
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All you girls are so right. The law in Australia is just so frustrating and we all need to write to try and change it for the benefit of everyone. I'm def going to do it.

8. Likes netti02 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Why limit it to 2+ of the one gender? We have one DS and two is the most children we will consider having, and still want a daughter to balance our family

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Snoop you have the opportunity to submit ur viewpoint it's important u do

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wonderful! I will be writing about how many couples spend Australian $$ overseas, and how much $$ would be better spent in Australia. Because like it or not, people who are willing to do GS will go overseas

12. Likes netti02 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The 2+ is something I've picked up over the years from speaking with medical and other people involved in the legislative reviews and the initial banning of GS which occurred several years ago. In Australia at least there is a great deal of resistance to people using it to conceive their 1st or 2nd child. There seems to be much less resistance if the family has 2+ of the same gender. I think if it ever gets approved it will only be in those circumstances. Maybe its due to the fact that most people are not keen on big families, esp in metro areas. 3-4 seems to be the max. And in many cases that 3rd or 4th was to try for the opposite gender. I think if it would stop people like me having families of 6 kids some people would be in favour of GS being approved.
    Step (17)
    Step (15) & (12)
    Our IVF/ICSI twins (6) (OHW)
    Our HT DD (2)

14Cycle 1 (Dr Lin, CA): ER 14 Jan 2011. 5 eggs, 4 mature and fertilised w/ ICSI. 2 probe. Put back 2 XX's. 5dp5dt - BFP. 9dp5dt - 64. 13dp5dt - 81 Stop meds. 19dp5dt - 330. 22dp5dt - 890. 3 scans show small empty sac not progressing. Final scan before D&C at 7w5d shows HB 116 & a 5.5mm embryo measuring 6w1d. 8w4d - HB 144 & fetus is 11.5mm! 9w4d - no HB.....

Cycle 2 (Genea): ER 8 July 2011 (after 10 wks on DHEA). 9 eggs, 5 fertilised w/ ICSI, 2 embryo's sent for aCGH day 6 biopsy. 29 July - both normal XX's!!!

Cycle 3 (Genea): Natural FET 15 March 2012. 4dp5dt BFP. 9dp5dt - 251. 12dp5dt - 949. HB 133 @ 6w3d. Born 6 Nov 2012.

14. Likes netti02 liked this post
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast