Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I remember reading a while back about this old dude on the board who was totally against it and that nothing will change until he is gone. I hope that is not still the case.
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sent mine in last night. I have no idea about our chances, but the more the better, right? Loved reading all your opinions on here too - all so true. I've even got my mum making a submission pro GS! Thanks everyone. Heres hoping.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have to do a submission for all the different sections or can I just do the sex selection part?
    Pink1inheaven2004 2005 2007 2009 Hoping for HT 2014

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can do it for any component not just all of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure what others will think of this and I am dubious to comment but I thought I would put it out there anyway as I feel this is a safe place where I will not be judged. They say they do not think entry to life should be based on gender. Then what if they allowed gender selection but 'opposite' embryos had to be donated. Then they would still be given a chance at life too.
    I know heaps of people will disagree with this and I am not sure if I could donate my embryos/ my child to another couple myself but I thought it could at least be a start to getting GS back in Australia. Better back with such a rule than not at all? I don't know, it would make me think about how much I really wanted it I suppose. Would I gift someone else a son of mine, my childrens' full sibling, so that I could have a daughter?
    Anyway, it could help 'solve' the whole reason why they don't do it
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 1+2+3boys View Post
    Not sure what others will think of this and I am dubious to comment but I thought I would put it out there anyway as I feel this is a safe place where I will not be judged. They say they do not think entry to life should be based on gender. Then what if they allowed gender selection but 'opposite' embryos had to be donated. Then they would still be given a chance at life too.
    I know heaps of people will disagree with this and I am not sure if I could donate my embryos/ my child to another couple myself but I thought it could at least be a start to getting GS back in Australia. Better back with such a rule than not at all? I don't know, it would make me think about how much I really wanted it I suppose. Would I gift someone else a son of mine, my childrens' full sibling, so that I could have a daughter?
    I was thinking along the same lines but instead of making it compulsory to donate embryos there would be people out there willing to donate & therefore provide a better outcome for people that would like donated embryos.
    My husband & I filled out all the forms to donate our embryos & when we got to HRC I was having second thoughts about it butwe didn't end up with any to donate.
    DW 38
    DH 37

Cycle # 1 HRC Dr Potter 8th March 2014
    7 retrieved, 3 Mature, 2 Fertilised, 1 abnormal XY XB BB -10,-16,
    1 Normal XY HB AA BFP!
    First BETA 135 26/3/14 11dp6dt, Second BETA 859 31/3/14 16dp6dt
    Third BETA 10106 14/4/14
    NO HEARTBEAT! 22/4/14, D&C 23/4/14

Cycle # 2 HRC Dr Potter ER OCT 2014
    Stimmed an extra 2 days so ER was 31st Oct Halloween
    19 retrieved & 14 mature & all 14 fertilised
    7 to day 5 testing, 3 abnormal xy's
    1 normal xy HB AA Transferred 6/11/14
    3 normal xx
    First BETA HCG 400 E2 1389 P4 17, 17th Nov 10dp6dt
    Second BETA HCG 1022 E2 3246 P4 88.3 19th Nov 12dp6dt
    Third BETA HCG 15513 E2 3803 P4 78.4 27th Nov 20dp6dt

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 1+2+3boys View Post
    Very interesting idea. And I agree it has got me thinking. I always thought I couldn't donate any of my spare embryos. Would I do it if it meant I could get my girl? I do not know. That would require a lot of soul searching.

I wonder though if the NHMRC would then need to apply the same rule to couples who just do IVF (for a baby of any gender). What do they currently do with any spare embryos they don't want?
    Love my 2 TTC

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm about to start drafting a submission but I can't figure out exactly which question on the template it is that I am answering - please could someone who has drafted a submission clarify for me? Ta!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LJ, so you have to read what the current ethical guildline is, it is part 11 of the first link.

Then download the second link and delete all the questions except q11 and fill in those questions. You need to have a header page when you sent it in and decide whether you want it confidential or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ladies, I don't think it needs to be complicated. Donation of embryos is VERY complicated. In Australia your embryos that are donated can then contact you at age 18, how will you explain that to your children, especially if the possible the twin or triplet to your GS child comes knocking on the door.

Australia is pretty simple and this would be out of it's league.

For me, I believe it comes down to this, they should allow gender selection to those with a set number of one gender. This pretty much cancels out any argument that we will overpopulate with boys, or we can have a pigeon pair family or we regard boys culturally better than girls.

It should not be paid for on Medicare (which I would believe most people when it was available would of been able to do) we all know how easy it is to get through as an 'ivf patient' or get 'pbs' meds. So they would have to make some kind of cut off with, if you do IVF it is covered but if you do PGD and select gender, none is covered whether infertile or not. I just don't see any other way of every single one of us walking into an IVF clinic, saying we have tried for 6 months, so if we are doing IVF, can I put a girl in

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast