Thread: HRC PGD Cost?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

HRC PGD Cost?

Hi,

My husband and I are looking into PGD for family balancing, and stumbled across HRC. We are in Northern California. Does anyone have an experience with HRC? Do you know how much it would cost for a cycle? Multiple cycles? Anything else I should know?

Thanks so much for your help and support.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There's a post for this somewhere. I think its $13,200 which includes the IVF and PGD. Then its $400 anesthesia for ER, and also all your meds, which may it may not be covered by insurance and can run a few thousand, plus travel costs if you need to travel.
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by carmella_marie View Post
    There's a post for this somewhere. I think its $13,200 which includes the IVF and PGD. Then its $400 anesthesia for ER, and also all your meds, which may it may not be covered by insurance and can run a few thousand, plus travel costs if you need to travel.

GD members get $1000 off your cycle so it will be $12200US plus other expenses.

You can get 2 cycle packages but you need to do your prestesting first & if your pre testing is good they will offer it but I'm not sure if they do it if you have poor pre testing.
    Last edited by Mumof3girls; May 4th, 2014 at 01:00 AM.
    DW 38
    DH 37

Cycle # 1 HRC Dr Potter 8th March 2014
    7 retrieved, 3 Mature, 2 Fertilised, 1 abnormal XY XB BB -10,-16,
    1 Normal XY HB AA BFP!
    First BETA 135 26/3/14 11dp6dt, Second BETA 859 31/3/14 16dp6dt
    Third BETA 10106 14/4/14
    NO HEARTBEAT! 22/4/14, D&C 23/4/14

Cycle # 2 HRC Dr Potter ER OCT 2014
    Stimmed an extra 2 days so ER was 31st Oct Halloween
    19 retrieved & 14 mature & all 14 fertilised
    7 to day 5 testing, 3 abnormal xy's
    1 normal xy HB AA Transferred 6/11/14
    3 normal xx
    First BETA HCG 400 E2 1389 P4 17, 17th Nov 10dp6dt
    Second BETA HCG 1022 E2 3246 P4 88.3 19th Nov 12dp6dt
    Third BETA HCG 15513 E2 3803 P4 78.4 27th Nov 20dp6dt

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Join up as a dream member as mum has said and you can get $1000 discount off your cycle, it costs $12 and you get to go to the private section where there is heaps of people to answer all your questions. Good luck!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They are correct, if you become a member and book your consult through this site with this link-

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/free...otter-hrc.html

You do get $1000 off your cycle and a free consult. $12,200 is the cost
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi ladies i think weve pretty much decided that going with hrc is our best option but i dont know what we do next lol, we cant afford it till early next year so should we do nothing until the end of the year or do we start the ball rolling,im pretty much in the dark tbh especially with these pretesting and if my hubby needs any medication and when we start taking them is there anyone that could kindly outline the process i would be so gratefull, also may sound daft but how do all you ladies get your pictures up saying how many kids you have n their gender n where your going to cycle,many thanks xxx

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi there - i just received this from HRC finance co-ordinator last week:

IVF $7400 Includes monitoring ultrasounds and labs (E2 & P4) done at HRC
    ICSI $1200
    PGD $4600 Includes the first 12 embryos, each embryo after 12 will be an additional $250 each

Total $13,200 Due at time medication is started or first appointment

The anesthesia is $400 and payable directly to the anesthesiologist on day of egg retrieval.

Medications are billed and paid to the pharmacy directly. An estimate of cost for meds can be around $4000-$6000+ depending on the patients protocol.

Additional cost that you may want to consider is Embryo Freezing, $700 and includes one year of storage. Sperm Freezing $300 and includes first year of storage. Storage fees each year after are separate as embryos and sperm are not able to be storage together, yearly storage is $695.

If you were to freeze embryos with your single cycle and wanted to come back to use any of your frozen embryos the cost for the FET cycle would be $2950. Medications as estimated between $500-$1500. This payment would be due at the time your started your medications for the FET cycle.

If you decide not to do PGD testing then the doctor would need to do Embryo Assisted Hatching (AHA) and this would be $550.

Hope that helps!

Also, i know that the GD $1000 discount is only applicable to single cycles. Not 2 or 3 cycle packages. that is what HRC have told me....