Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is HT really a good option for us?

What do you think? Is going HT really a good option for us?
    DH and I are both in our early 30's, very healthy, no known fertility issues. We conceived DS on our 5th month trying (first month using PreSeed). We want to add a DD to our family, but don't want to "duggar it out" to get her, so we really want #2 to be our DD, so we can be done having kids. Money can be tight at times, but we manage, so the cost of HT isn't a major problem. DH is on board with whatever I would want to do.
    Do you think going HT would be a good idea for us? Or with our age and no known fertility issues, would that be jumping the gun? Think we should try at home swaying first? Or go to HT?

If we were to go HT, I like the idea of guarantee, but have a(n irrational?) fear of being implanted with someone else's embryos, or someone else getting mine. (Is that crazy?) I'm also worried about the whole process damaging mine and/or the baby's health. (There are a lot of medications involved in going HT, right?)

I'd love to hear your thoughts! So, what do you think?
    DS - 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If HT is ever an option (without really messing up your life and financial security) I always tell people to go for it first and then if it doesn't work out, swaying will always be here. Your odds of success with HT do not improve with time, but it's possible to get pg with swaying even if you do not with PGD/IVF.

They have measures in place to prevent embryo switcheroos and I have done a ton of research into the safety of the process and I believe that any claims that it's unsafe, etc etc etc are all overblown and easily explained.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic.
    How do I even go about finding a place to do it? I'm east coast USA. How do I find a place? I emailed a local IVF clinic in my town and asked about family balancing and basically got told off for it!
    Would DH and I even qualify for IVF with PGD since we don't have any fertility issues? Is IVF/PGD really difficult/painful, etc? I'm wondering if it's worth puttin myself through all of it for the gender guarantee.
    DS - 2012

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thankyou Atomic, These Q's had been rattling my brain lately too! Makes complete sense!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you become a Dream Member, you get access to all of the clinics in the US that offer GS without having to make the calls. You may also schedule free consults with two of our doctors on here and get $1000 off your cycle.

If you are going to go, HT, you need to become a Dream Member. It's only $12 and well worth the money.

Proven fertility helps but is by no means a guarantee for HT. You need to have a consult so you can get pretesting orders to see what your ovarian reserve is really like. I got pregnant the first month trying each time and had awful pretesting for IVF in my early 30's. You just never know.

If you go HT now and end up with extra viable embryos, you can always go back for them to add to your family if you want. If you sway, have another boy and then do HT, you may have extra embryos and 3 may then be your limit. Going HT now gives you more options and the older you get, the harder HT is.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the HT ladies can help you with those questions.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ