Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

What's IVF + PGD like? What was your experience?

So, first off let me say that I don't think HT is an option for me. I'm scared of it. And it expensive. DH doesn't like the idea of going HT, since we have no known fertility issues and could (probably) concieve easily naturally.
    But, I'm wanting to explore all my options so that I can make a confident, and informed choice.
    I like the gender guarentee that comes with IVF+PGD.

Tell me what it's really like. What is the process? Does it hurt? I know you take drugs, but what drugs and why?
    DS - 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Click the link in NBP's siggy, I think it will answer your questions.
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Trike3 View Post
    So, first off let me say that I don't think HT is an option for me. I'm scared of it. And it expensive. DH doesn't like the idea of going HT, since we have no known fertility issues and could (probably) concieve easily naturally.
    But, I'm wanting to explore all my options so that I can make a confident, and informed choice.
    I like the gender guarentee that comes with IVF+PGD.

Tell me what it's really like. What is the process? Does it hurt? I know you take drugs, but what drugs and why?
    The link in my signature will take you through the process but you have to be a Dream Member to read it.

None of us(for the most part) have fertility issues and we could all conceive naturally so having that be a reason for not using HT is more of a moral issue I think which is fine and many people have that issue which will prevent them from using it. I get it. I was raised Catholic, am a Christian and I so not understand why people think God is absent from IVF. Have you ever heard the story about the guy on the roof in the flood that is waiting for God to save him and 3 people go by with various things to save him and he tell them no, he's waiting for God. He dies after refusing help and he asks God why He didn't save him. God says he sent three people to help!! That is how I see IVF. I think I was given that tool to help me bring my son into this world and I needed God's help to make it happen.

I think HT is a mature, logical choice. It is about admitting that you are not okay with just another child of the same gender and that you do desire a boy or girl to balance your family. I see nothing wrong with that. My kids wanted an opposite too!

The needles hurt like needles can. Egg retrieval is surgery but minor and usually with no complications although just like anything in life, there is risk associated with this and complications can occur.

You need meds to suppress your ovaries, then meds to kick your ovaries into high gear to make eggs like a chicken and then you need meds to support your pregnancy. It's all artificial and all controlled through meds.

It's a means to an end though and it is all about the guarantee of gender. It's a gamble, because you cannot know how you will respond to meds no matter how "fertile" you are because we ALL are fertile, we ALL have kids conceived the first month trying with our eyes shut yet it doesn't always work out. Gender is a guarantee, pregnancy is not.

Swaying is much more work. Swaying requires a daily commitment and HT is a 3 week process. Both are high stakes and both are very emotional processes.

It is all about the guarantee. I can see you only have one child though so you can always sway for a second and go HT for a third if you need to. If you are an older mom, I would do HT now.

You need to become a Dream Member. It's only $12 to do so and nothing compared to $15,000 you will spend on HT. It's worth the investment.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I totally agree with NBP!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Meds to support the pregnancy? Do you have to take special meds throughout the duration of pregnancy, or just until implantation?
    DS - 2012

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Progesterone and estrace until 12 weeks.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you should consider HT Trike. I think you'll get best results with it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so glad I saw this post as I've just signed up with HRC to cycle in September but keep thinking we could get lucky third time naturally. Is it really only a three week process from start to finish? (Il need to fly there)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mummy of two beautiful boys 3.5 1.5 hoping for a beautiful little

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JAC View Post
    I'm so glad I saw this post as I've just signed up with HRC to cycle in September but keep thinking we could get lucky third time naturally. Is it really only a three week process from start to finish? (Il need to fly there)

You do your pretesting and down regulation may start the month before with BCP and lupron to suppress your ovaries. Once you start your stim meds, you will take those for 10-12 days and then have ER. 6 days later you have a transfer. So, 3 weeks would be the length of time once you start stims.

Did you book your free consult yet?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the info NBP. I sent them a request a few months ago and had contact with them then but didn't end up booking an appointment due to unforeseen circumstances. I contacted them last week and said we had been in contact 2months ago and wanted to go ahead with organising a consultation. I've already sent in all the paperwork and just waiting to hear back when we will have the consultation. Do u think it will still be free? Do u have the consultation before the pretesting?

Mummy of two beautiful boys 3.5 1.5 hoping for a beautiful little

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast