Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Newbie: Should i go with an expensive clinic with High success rate or a CHEAP clinic with low rate?

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here, i've been been really confused the past couple weeks searching and deciding for a clinic to start our ivf with pgd. I have 2 clinic in mind, one is RMA-ny, 56% pregnancy rate, estimate cost for a single cycle $15k(not sure, but base on my research, correct me if I'm wrong).The other one is CNY fertility, 36% pregnancy rate, but their fees is unbelievable low, $4800 for sing cycle, plus pgd and medication should not be over 10k.

really want to get start my cycle soon but can't decide on which one we should go. Im 26 and hubby is 32 two, we have no fertility problem and usually get pregnant the second month if we try naturally.

Since cost is our biggest concern, and most clinic won't give you a quote on the price until after the initial consultation, If we have some clinic we like to check out, do we have to pay for the initial consultation fees for every clinic? they told me the consultation includes blood work and ultra sound. Fore example, if we pay $400 at clinic A for the consultation, can we bring the blood work and ultra sound to the second clinic so we can save the fees on blood work and ultrasound?

please post any advice and comment, thanks in advance!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I honestly wouldn't go to a clinic with a 36% success rate. Unless all of their cases are extreme complicated, which you have no way of knowing. Once you have your pretesting, it's good for a year. You'd have to get copies of everything. I'm a bit weary of somewhere that charges that much for a consultation, normally, pretesting is done prior to being referred to an IVF clinic (in typical infertility couples, the re has normally already tried a few different things and run all the pretesting infertility labs to get an idea of what's going on).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11/8/98 8/14/06 4/1/08 ("sway" opposite)

Would love to add a precious

My Ovulation Chart

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You get what you pay for. If you go to the one with 36% success rates, you better be prepared to try 3 times. You lose half of your embryos due to gender. IVF is hard even for a fertile person.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the advices. i have gave up my though of going to the cheap clinic.
    i live in nyc, almost all the clinics i called charge around $400 for the consultation. Im a fertile person, doing ivf just for gender so i don't have any pre testing done yet, is it required even for fertile couples?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's required for all IVF patients. It helps the docs determine your course of treatment (and your initial drug dosage).

My husband and I thought we were super fertile. We've had 2 boys together (one without trying and on bc, one first month trying), and he has a son from a previous marriage too. We tried naturally for a few months, he's 41, so we decided to get fertility testing done before we tried for years. Turns out, he has an insanely low count, I have a slightly diminished ovarian reserve, and those two things combined pretty much must us in IVF territory (we had considered it before finding this out). I'm 29, but my ovaries seem to act older. My amh was 1.0, which is low for my age, and I required much higher dosages of the stim drugs than most women my age. We wouldn't have known any of that without pretesting.

11/8/98 8/14/06 4/1/08 ("sway" opposite)

Would love to add a precious

My Ovulation Chart

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You need pretesting to see if you are a candidate for IVF, to determine your dosage and you must do an infectious disease panel- you and your husband. So, yes, pretesting is mandatory and you should not assume you will respond "like a fertile person". IVF isn't easy for anyone.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Spr6pk View Post
    Thanks for the advices. i have gave up my though of going to the cheap clinic.
    i live in nyc, almost all the clinics i called charge around $400 for the consultation. Im a fertile person, doing ivf just for gender so i don't have any pre testing done yet, is it required even for fertile couples?

There are a several of us from NY in the members high tech section that have cycled with SIRM NY..I depleted my IVF benefits with DS#2 BUT my consult with SIRM NY (My third and FINAL clinic) was FULLY covered besides my normal $30 copay. We have Blue Cross/Blue shield, however SIRM NY billed my insurance and they took it as full payment...

Yes, from what I know pretesting is required, fertile or not, these tests results can give a lot of necessary information before cycling...
    2 Boys 6 & 9 yrs old 6 year old IVF and has NF1 - PGD to test for NF1 and Gender

Cycle #1-August 2010-Transferred 1 Girl= BFN
    Cycle #2- Nov 2010- No Unaffected Females to Transfer No Unaffected Males to Freeze
    Cycle# 3- May 2011- 5 Fertilized --Frozen on Day 2 to Batch with Next Cycle
    Cycle #4- June 2011- Transferred 3 Girls=-BFN
    Cycle#5- September 2011-- Day 5 Biopsy-- Grade A Hatched Blastocyst Girl= BFN
    Cycle #6- Different Doctor-Dr Braverman January 2012-Transferred 3 Girls=BFN
    Cycle #7-April 2012 Transferred 6 Girls =BFN
    Cycle #8-July 2012 Transferred 3 Girls=BFN--WTF!
    Cycle #9-October 2012 Transferred 2 Girls- Beta-=13 Chemical Pregnancy...

April 2013- 40 yrs old- New RE- SIRM-NYC/Westchester- Transferred 2 Girl Blasts & 2 Girl Morulas= BFP!!!!

April 2015- 42 yrs old- SIRM- 1 Girl Transferred- BFP!!

Samantha 12/17/13 8pounds 3oz

Ava 12/28/15 8pounds 4oz

My Miracle..http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ht-f...acle-here.html

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jany1025 View Post
    There are a several of us from NY in the members high tech section that have cycled with SIRM NY..I depleted my IVF benefits with DS#2 BUT my consult with SIRM NY (My third and FINAL clinic) was FULLY covered besides my normal $30 copay. We have Blue Cross/Blue shield, however SIRM NY billed my insurance and they took it as full payment...

Yes, from what I know pretesting is required, fertile or not, these tests results can give a lot of necessary information before cycling...
    Thank Jany, do you know how much does a single ivf cost at SIRM NY? With pgd? I think I called them once and was told $7000 for Pgd????

I was considerating RMA NY through Winfertility, anyone has any experience with Winfertility, how are their service, how much did you saved from them?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry I don't know what a single cycle costs, and PGD is definitely not $7000!!

I have never heard of Winfertility, have you confirmed that you will qualify regardless of doing PGD for gender? Then again maybe you can say you need the embryo tested for "other" reasons!?

2 Boys 6 & 9 yrs old 6 year old IVF and has NF1 - PGD to test for NF1 and Gender

Cycle #1-August 2010-Transferred 1 Girl= BFN
    Cycle #2- Nov 2010- No Unaffected Females to Transfer No Unaffected Males to Freeze
    Cycle# 3- May 2011- 5 Fertilized --Frozen on Day 2 to Batch with Next Cycle
    Cycle #4- June 2011- Transferred 3 Girls=-BFN
    Cycle#5- September 2011-- Day 5 Biopsy-- Grade A Hatched Blastocyst Girl= BFN
    Cycle #6- Different Doctor-Dr Braverman January 2012-Transferred 3 Girls=BFN
    Cycle #7-April 2012 Transferred 6 Girls =BFN
    Cycle #8-July 2012 Transferred 3 Girls=BFN--WTF!
    Cycle #9-October 2012 Transferred 2 Girls- Beta-=13 Chemical Pregnancy...

April 2013- 40 yrs old- New RE- SIRM-NYC/Westchester- Transferred 2 Girl Blasts & 2 Girl Morulas= BFP!!!!

April 2015- 42 yrs old- SIRM- 1 Girl Transferred- BFP!!

Samantha 12/17/13 8pounds 3oz

Ava 12/28/15 8pounds 4oz

My Miracle..http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ht-f...acle-here.html