Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 1+2+3boys View Post
    I think I have drafted a plan that works for me. I am younger so should try HT first. If we can afford it in the next 4-5 years then I will do that and if it does not work or I can not do it then I will sway. Best of both worlds but in the order that works for me. I think what ever the plan I am not ready for another child right now so I need to try and put my GD aside and just focus on raising my boys to be the best men they can possibly be, and have alot of fun doing it.
    My DP adores his Mum so hopefully one day that will be me x3
    ALWAYS try HT first because swaying will always be here. BUT that having been said, 4-5 years is a mighty long time to wait for HT and if there is any earlthy way to swing it sooner than that, I strongly urge that you do. Time is not your friend when it comes to odds of HT success.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic. I sure wish we could do it ASAP but it is the money. I'm only 27 this year and I'd love to do it before 30. I do know the younger the better.
    Life is pretty busy right now and we have a few other milestones to reach but once we reach those (hopefully by the end of this year) I will sit down and have a very serious heart to heart with DP about how we need to come up with a plan and act fast. I am lucky that he has agreed but he doesn't know all the facts yet and that the sooner the better. Bless him, he says "We'll get you your girl one day"
    But one day needs to be a certain time not in the too distant future.

Lace Princess- I can see myself being fitter in my 30s or even 40s than in my 20s. I was very sporty but stopped after school then became a Mum in my early 20s and since then have not really been using my body to it's fullest potential. I have had other things to worry about! When the boys are bigger I want to be able to play with them and be a threat when versing me in a game! I think it will feel great being fit again.
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't realize you were only 27! You have tonnes of time!
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately it matters not how fit you are, how well you are taking care of yourself, etc. It's programmed into us that our fertility declines over time, mostly genetic, partly things that are out of our control (that happened when we were in our mother's and even grandmother's womb, since the egg that is us, was formed in our mother when she was in our grandmother's womb.)

AT 27 you do probably have plenty of time, I just don't like to see anyone wait around when time is of the essence.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Likes 1+2+3boys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Unfortunately it matters not how fit you are, how well you are taking care of yourself, etc. It's programmed into us that our fertility declines over time, mostly genetic, partly things that are out of our control (that happened when we were in our mother's and even grandmother's womb, since the egg that is us, was formed in our mother when she was in our grandmother's womb.)

AT 27 you do probably have plenty of time, I just don't like to see anyone wait around when time is of the essence.
    Yah I realize all of that. It's a pity!

I just cling onto the knowledge that my mom had her kids relatively late for her generation (age 32 and 36) and went into perimenopause at around 48 which is avg. My paternal grandmother had 7 children so she was plenty fertile, and I seem to take after my dad's side of the family. So hopefully that is all positive indications!
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

7. Likes 1+2+3boys liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is amazing isn't it thinking that half of you was in your Grandmother for a short time. I think being adopted makes it feel even more amazing. I don't see my bio grandmother much but she is an identical twin and now I have identical twins. I wish I could carry on down that female line. I think that is a part of my gender desire. I love having my boys who are my first blood relatives around me and to have my daughter, knowing that I was carrying the eggs that would be her children (my grandchildren) would be so amazing.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    ALWAYS try HT first because swaying will always be here. BUT that having been said, 4-5 years is a mighty long time to wait for HT and if there is any earlthy way to swing it sooner than that, I strongly urge that you do. Time is not your friend when it comes to odds of HT success.
    I agree 100%. We will go HT for our baby girl, if after 2 full cycles it fails we will then sway for a girl. It's going to be expensive for us, travelling from Australia. I wish it was legal here
    If I end up with 2 boys I will be a bit sad but would rather 2 boys than only 1!

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonade View Post
    It seems pretty common for the first cycle of ivf to fail. (Am I right?) So, if you spend $20K or more only to get a BFN, how devastating is it? Does it damage your relationship? Do you go through the same depression as you would if you were having a gender opposite? Does it make your GD even more rabid? How do you justify to yourself the large amount of money gone forever? Do clinics do anything to help with this?
    I think you are very wise to ask these questions now…I entered into HT thinking I would def be a OHW and I am still on this awful roller coaster now.
    DH: 39 Me: 40 Low AMH/High FSH/Low AFC
    2005 DS1
    2007 MC at 13 weeks (boy)
    2008 DS2

1st Cycle - Jan 2012 - Genesis - cancelled poor response
    2nd Cycle - May 2012 - Genesis - 10 ER, 1 ET - BFN
    3rd Cycle - Feb 2013 - Genesis - cancelled poor response
    4th Cycle - Oct/Nov 2013 - Genesis - 4 ER, 1 ET - BFN
    5th Cycle - April 2014 - HRC - cancelled poor response

Nov 2014 - Surprise BFP - 12 week scan showed baby stopped growing at 8 weeks
    6th Cycle - DE March 2015 - DE FET1 8th June BFN, FET2 7th Oct BFN

"shoot for the moon, if you miss you will still be amongst the stars"

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm now leaning towards swaying again. I had planned on CR to cycle but did not realise you had to be 35 plus or have fertility issues. Now USA is our only option (DP will not consider the other places) and with the money it would take to save I would be waiting way way longer than I liked.

I am starting to wonder if I do have more chance of getting a daughter via swaying. I have never tried it and my life was one huge boy sway before without me realising it and now I am pretty neutral without consiously trying to change plus I now have a couple of natural things that would help sway pink for me. I see that the girl sway stats are getting better. Maybe even better in a year or so and I can get even better sway advise than what is available right now. Such a hard choice to make. If we had the money it would be HT. I feel mad at my parents like they took my potential daughter away from me because it is hugely their fault that we lost 100s of dollars in our business and now live month to month with hardly any extras. We could have afforded it alot easier otherwise. I wish I could stop being angry about that because it is not going to change now.

I think of myself as TTC number three as far as stats are concerned since with identical twins only one child was concieved who turning into two. I think the stats for famlies of three to have mixed genders was about 50% ? I really can not remember. Can't find the thread

14. Likes covered in blue liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyfourleafclover View Post
    I think you are very wise to ask these questions now…I entered into HT thinking I would def be a OHW and I am still on this awful roller coaster now.
    Sorry to hear about so many cycles that have not worked. I hope this next one works FX

16. Likes luckyfourleafclover liked this post
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast