Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face A question about Day 5 biopsy

Hi all,

I'm currently very tensed . So much to the level that I'm unable to eat or drink.

We just finished doing our IVF for gender selection. My eggs were retrieved, 26 retrieved, 20 normally fertilized with natural fertilization and upto day 3, all 20 were growing normally. On day 5 the embryos were scheduled to be biopsied and frozen and samples sent to lab for performing PGD on them. But to our dismay, by day 5 , only 3 are ready to be biopsied !! I'm so devastated. Only 3 out of darn 20 !! The person from embryology was in a hurry as always and told me that rest of them could catch up by day 6. This left me hanging. i have no clue what that means. He mentioned nothing about how many being normal or not. He just said 3 are perfectly ready for biopsy, and will give you a call tomorrow to update on how many were finally biopsied and frozen.

What does all this mean ? what are the chances the others will catch up by tomorrow ? We have like 17 that are lagging behind. I'm so worried . Please give us some insight. Is this normal to have such differences in rate of their development ? Anybody been through similar experience ?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's not Gud they didn't give you any indication of what stage the embryos were at? Normally they would hope for a day 5 embryo to be at stage of a blastocyst. So if you have 3 ready then they must be. The others might be early blastocyst or morula/compacting morula. I'm sure with 20 doing fine at day 3 then you will have lots more tomoro.

One thing to check when you call tomoro maybe is at what stage were all the embryos on day 3.
    Good luck and let us know how you get on with the results tomoro?
    2x

Wishing for a

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are at a clinic that will only biopsy hatching blasts that may be why. Some clinics require your embryos to be hatching. A day 3-5 decline could be related to a sperm issue because that is when it activates.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah they dint inform me anything about what stage they are in or if they are looking for hatching embryos etc. My bad I should have researched more and asked them a few questions. The embryology department sucks at answering questions or going into details. They just informed me on Day 3 that all the 20 embryos are developing well.

Also have any of you all heard any stories where only few embryos being ready for biopsy on Day 5 and a few more catching up on Day 6 ? I need some hope right now

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubree View Post
    yeah they dint inform me anything about what stage they are in or if they are looking for hatching embryos etc. My bad I should have researched more and asked them a few questions. The embryology department sucks at answering questions or going into details. They just informed me on Day 3 that all the 20 embryos are developing well.

Also have any of you all heard any stories where only few embryos being ready for biopsy on Day 5 and a few more catching up on Day 6 ? I need some hope right now
    Are you in the US? Where are you cycling? Yes my clinic does biopsy embryos on Day 5 and Day 6!
    2 Boys 6 & 9 yrs old 6 year old IVF and has NF1 - PGD to test for NF1 and Gender

Cycle #1-August 2010-Transferred 1 Girl= BFN
    Cycle #2- Nov 2010- No Unaffected Females to Transfer No Unaffected Males to Freeze
    Cycle# 3- May 2011- 5 Fertilized --Frozen on Day 2 to Batch with Next Cycle
    Cycle #4- June 2011- Transferred 3 Girls=-BFN
    Cycle#5- September 2011-- Day 5 Biopsy-- Grade A Hatched Blastocyst Girl= BFN
    Cycle #6- Different Doctor-Dr Braverman January 2012-Transferred 3 Girls=BFN
    Cycle #7-April 2012 Transferred 6 Girls =BFN
    Cycle #8-July 2012 Transferred 3 Girls=BFN--WTF!
    Cycle #9-October 2012 Transferred 2 Girls- Beta-=13 Chemical Pregnancy...

April 2013- 40 yrs old- New RE- SIRM-NYC/Westchester- Transferred 2 Girl Blasts & 2 Girl Morulas= BFP!!!!

April 2015- 42 yrs old- SIRM- 1 Girl Transferred- BFP!!

Samantha 12/17/13 8pounds 3oz

Ava 12/28/15 8pounds 4oz

My Miracle..http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ht-f...acle-here.html

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bad news guys. Out of 20 embryos only 3 were good. Just good, not even excellent. Grade 3. One fair and one poor !! This is called original bad luck. These 5 will be shipped tomorrow and PGD done on them. We really have zero hopes that they will find any normal boy embryos from this set and even if they do, I really doubt they will survive thaw and FET. Our journey seems to be ending.
    Last edited by Aubree; June 1st, 2015 at 12:00 AM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh Aubree, please don't give up hope yet. Sorry to hear you arent happy with your clinic x

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks hun. I'm astonished what could have been the reason behind so many embryos being failed. My eggs ? or his sperm ? I'm 28 and all our pre testing came back wonderful. This is the first bump in our journey because I stimmed beautifully, had a great follicle number, zero side effects from injections. I jinxed it I believe. Is it common for the nature to let go of so many embryos ? I dont even feel like crying. I'm just silent. Unable to digest.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What was your pretesting like? Curious about possible PCOS and the need for metformin perhaps. At 28, something is off with that kind of decline.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I have polycystic ovaries not syndrome though (no excessive hair etc), I was and still on Metformin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast