Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

On the fence about IVF/PGD

We can not afford this process out of pocket, but have been approved for $25,000 in financing. If we could add MS to this there would be no question on what we would do. I feel like the biggest gamble would be getting the right gender embryos. If MS was approved than we would have that guaranteed that most of our embryos would be the right gender, but its not.

With most clinics we would only have one chance at this. I found one clinic that has a multi cycle package on their site for 3 fresh 3 frozen for $15,800. Includes everything, but PGD & meds. It is about 3-4 hrs from us. Not sure of their statistics. I am 28. Have 2 boys 1 girl. 1 miscarried boy & 2 unknown miscarriages. What are my chances of getting pregnant and having the right gender embryos if I went once or with the 3 fresh 3 frozen, even if they didn't have good statistics?? He would need to get a part time second job for the next 7 years to pay it off. That is why I am on the fence about it. It would be worth it if we could of used MS and had very good chances even if we only got 1 embryo, but not sure what my chances would be like without.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, thats a lot of miscarriages so going into it not knowing why those happened may lower your chances.

At 28, with no fertility issues, you have a great chance. I wpuld bever pay for three cycles in advance with the same clinic especially if their stats are bad. Why havent you looked at their stats? If they are poor, your chances are reduced again.

MS isn't available. Once you know your ovarian reserve, if that looks good, you should have a great chance. Going with a bad clinic will greatly reduce your chances though so choose wisely!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought getting multi cycle packages would be a good thing?? Than I knew I still had a few more shots if the first one didn't work. Or is that only with a clinic that has good stats?? Most clinics are the whole $25,000 just for one cycle. What would be my best route one shot or the multi cycle?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is a great price for three cycles but if their success rates are poor, you just have to know your chances are lowered by going with them. There is just no way around that.

The miscarriages would be concerning unless you know why after three of them that you had them. With 3-4 hours away, that is too far and you will still need to find a local monitoring IVF center for doing scans leading up to ER. You will have to do several b/w and u/s checks during the cycle. Driving 8 hours for each of those would be too much.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here are the success rates on their site which was for 2010.

Patient Age <35 35-37 38-40 >=41 Donor Eggs TOTAL
    Retrieval 207 65 61 30 66 429
    Embryo Transfer 195 59 55 29 60 398
    Clinical Pregnancy Rate 117 22 18 6 41 204
    Pregnancy Rate Per Retrieval 56.5% 33.8% 29.5% 20.0% 62.1% 47.6%
    Pregnancy Rate Per Transfer 60.0% 37.3% 32.7% 20.7% 68.3% 51.3%

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One of my biggest concerns would be not getting my desired gender embryos. Do any clinics do any type of sperm sorting that is actually leading good results? NBP I see you did IVF/PGD, Was MS available when you went or did you do any type of sperm sorting? Where did you cycle? What were the gender ratios of your embies? How many cycles did it take?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Who is the clinic and I'll look it up. I can't read that.

I did not use MS. It hasn't been around in 4 years. If you have a normal reserve- which you will only find out after pretesting, at 28, you should make normals.

With three miscarriages, I'd worry more about the reason why you may have something wrong with implantation than gender split.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    FIRM Success Rates Jacksonville, Ponte Vedra, Daytona Beach, Gainesville

The first one I was about 13 weeks. They did test and there was nothing wrong with it. Said it was a fluke occurrence. The last two I have no idea I was very early. Just literally got a positive test and I started bleeding. So chemical?

I am very worried about gender split, because I have no shot at this if there is nothing to transfer. I wish they would bring MS back.
    Last edited by needmorepink; August 6th, 2015 at 05:01 PM.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here are their real stats-

Fertility Clinic Success Rates | Assisted Reproductive Technology(ART) Report | CDC Reproductive Health

Just look them up on the CDC site.

They are below the national average in the live birth rate stat. If it is close and you can cycle three times to try and make it work, go for it. You will have to pay additional to be monitored close to home though so that will be above and beyond the cycle cost. I would also ask what kind of testing they use AND what day they do the biopsy. Day 5 CGH is what you would want.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank You. Do you or anyone you know have any clinics you would recommend in FL that would be worth one shot? Any clinics worth traveling to that would be worth one shot? Do most people end up with one or 2 of their desired gender for transfer or is it possible to have no transfer due to none of the desired gender?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast