Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Failed ivf with thin lining and wrong result, is doctor at fault?

long storie, doing ivf for gender only, every penny is out of pocket. I'm young and doctor are so confidence about me. They keep telling me everything is perfect and didn't give me updated news with my embryo until the day for my fresh transfer(5day) They congratulates me that I have only 2 embryo passed pgd, one female one male, and there was another slow grower been sent out for pgd the same day of my transfer. That day they put in a great 6AB male blast(the gender we wanted). 2 weeks later, BFN. We were so dissapointed but didn't think much at that point We tried to get focused the the result of last embryo that was sent for pgd. 10days later, I got a call from my doctor saying result of the embryo is a normal male( gender we wanted). We are so thrill, she ask when we want to do the FET we told the doctor we want to take a break for a few month to gather everything and get my body prepare for the successful outcome. 3 months later I called back to sechduale my FET and requested my complete medical record just to see what I did wrong and wanted to fix It this time. After reading through all my records, I found out 2 things that tossed us from the sky to the ground.
    1. My fresh embryo transfer was done when my lining is only 3.9, nobody ever mention this condition to me, no wonder my blast didn't implant. I done research after that and found out no clinic will do the transfer when lining is at least 6mm
    2. We have NO frozen male embryo left to transfer. We have prepare everything for NOTHING.
    My doctor admitted that she misread the email the lab sent her.
    Now the office has been calling me 2 times regarding my complain, I'm not ready to take their calls yet because I don't know what to say to them how they will find excuse for their mistake. What do you guy think I should tell them or ask them? Please help, it hard for me, we are so hopeful and looking forward to the FET and now it's not going to happen, it's like they took my so away from me.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ask they to do the next treatment for free as they are the reason your 1st try was unsuccessful! Good luck!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree, that gives you a starting point for negotiation anyway, if you can go through it again..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Where did you cycle?

In the US, they would be sued. IF your lining was 3.9mm, it's medical malpractice and at minimum, your cycle would be comped. Was it in the US?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Failed ivf with thin lining and wrong result, is doctor at fault?

Yes it was in the US and it's an well known clinic

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
    Last edited by Spr6pk; August 25th, 2015 at 01:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Get on the phone with them! They owe you another cycle!!!
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Spr6pk View Post
    long storie, doing ivf for gender only, every penny is out of pocket. I'm young and doctor are so confidence about me. They keep telling me everything is perfect and didn't give me updated news with my embryo until the day for my fresh transfer(5day) They congratulates me that I have only 2 embryo passed pgd, one female one male, and there was another slow grower been sent out for pgd the same day of my transfer. That day they put in a great 6AB male blast(the gender we wanted). 2 weeks later, BFN. We were so dissapointed but didn't think much at that point We tried to get focused the the result of last embryo that was sent for pgd. 10days later, I got a call from my doctor saying result of the embryo is a normal male( gender we wanted). We are so thrill, she ask when we want to do the FET we told the doctor we want to take a break for a few month to gather everything and get my body prepare for the successful outcome. 3 months later I called back to sechduale my FET and requested my complete medical record just to see what I did wrong and wanted to fix It this time. After reading through all my records, I found out 2 things that tossed us from the sky to the ground.
    1. My fresh embryo transfer was done when my lining is only 3.9, nobody ever mention this condition to me, no wonder my blast didn't implant. I done research after that and found out no clinic will do the transfer when lining is at least 6mm
    2. We have NO frozen male embryo left to transfer. We have prepare everything for NOTHING.
    My doctor admitted that she misread the email the lab sent her.
    Now the office has been calling me 2 times regarding my complain, I'm not ready to take their calls yet because I don't know what to say to them how they will find excuse for their mistake. What do you guy think I should tell them or ask them? Please help, it hard for me, we are so hopeful and looking forward to the FET and now it's not going to happen, it's like they took my so away from me.
    1. I wonder why you transfer fresh embryo, not take a rest and take medicine until your lining, your uterus are good and suitable for transfer (normally 1.5months after egg collecion).
    Because you want to do fresh transfer , they go ahead even lining only 3.9mm. The good lining for ivf transfer is 8-14 mm.

2. Embryo report is only provided on Day 1 and Day5/6 . Some special case will be reported on Day 2 or Day 3. But doctor or counselor there should inform you before the treatment.

3. I'm not sure why you tell no embryo to freeze, because you told the result was normal male. The lab should cut the cells to do biopsy and freeze embryo for the next FET.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Which clinic was this?