Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone over 35 have successful PGD / IVF?

Im 35 next year and will have had two c-sections by the time I do PGD - the Dr doesnt seem to positive about it though. I am 18 weeks pregnant now with my second child and have conceived both boys on first try. Should I be concerned about my age / c-sections? Anyone else with a similar experience?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Why is the dr not positive? Due to a possible third c-section? Would that be dangerous for you?

3. Likes AspirationPink liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had 4 c-sections at 38, 41, 43 and 45 and my OB actually said when he delivered my DD that if I really wanted I could still have a 5th (he is French though and quite relaxed!!) but I do think it depends on scar tissue. Without doubt, my 4th was the hardest to recover from, but still only took around 6 weeks - the first week was horrid though. I did PDG at 44 and 45 (all boys were conceived easily and natrually) first cycle with a FISH tested embie I got pg (odds were v low only around 10%) but sadly had a m/c at 9 weeks. Second cycle I did a tandem one (my own and a donor egg) as this was our last shot - put one of each back and my DD is now 18 months. Providing your pre-testing is ok and you are prepared to have two/three shots at it, no reason at all why I shouldn't work. I think you should probably wait at least a year though after your c section before you do this. Good luck xx

5. Likes AspirationPink liked this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You would need to give your scar time to heal but many of us are over 35. Chances of success depend on age, your pretesting, clinic choice and the type of testing you use. Getting to transfer is a major hurdle. If you can make it to transfer with a fully tested embryo, your chances are pretty good at taking home a baby- my guess is around 75%.

Once you hit 39/40, odds go down quite dramatically. We have all gotten pregnant the fist try with our natural pregnancies so that really doesn't factor in to IVF success.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

7. Thanks AspirationPink thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks - this is all new to me - what do you mean with get to transfer? Also, I am travelling for the treatment as my country does not allow this - what does pre-treatment entail? My swaying didn't go as planned so I will need to go PGD.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    He is concerned about a third C-section. Also he said prognosis is fine at 35 but odds seem to go down

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Getting to tranafer is getting a healthy embryo with the desired gender. That is not the easiest. Might work the first time, might not. Many of us have been very fertile but still hard to get healthy ones during ivf.

11. Thanks AspirationPink thanked for this post
    Likes Mathilde liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had 2 c-sections, started at 34 with ivf pgd. The dr told me during my last c-secitron everything looked good, good to go with a third.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am 37 have 3 boys 1 section 2 vbac and have 19 week old daughter from a ohw cycle at hrc x

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Read the document linked in my signature. There is a lot to take in and learn about IVF. All the past cycle diaries are in the Dream Member section. You can read those past threads to see how an actual cycle actually goes.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

15. Thanks AspirationPink thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast