Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

So one step away from going HT. Need some help please!

Hey ladies

Well, I'm officially 39 now. I have been working with naturepaths, acupuncturists and the fertility clinic over the years. I have 4 kids, one with my current DH and have had nothing but mcs since the last baby, who is 6 1/2 years old. And let me tell you, I've had more than 20. I guess they are chemicals, they only hang around for a few days of bfps before they evaporate into thin air.

The fertility clinic really has no serious suggestions, other that CoQ10, clomid or femera or else donor eggs. No offense to anyone, but I still want MY baby. I guess I've had 4 and I feel like this baby is to get one mini me (maybe, lol) and if I can't have my own child, I actually don't want to bother: my oldest turns 19 in february!!!!

So I need to do EVERYTHING possible to increase my chances of pregnancy regardless of sway, without a sticky bean I have NO hopes for a girl anyway.

What do you girls do with the clinic? What kind of supps and things do they have you do to get ready?

I have been taking royal jelly, coq10, vit b,c,d,e and folic acid for months. Is there anything I should take in addition or drop altogether? I live in canada and we cant get DHEA, its banned here. DH and I are talking about going to mexico for some HGH, I have heard that works wonders.

I've changed my diet, almost gone vegan. I eat no grains except a little brown rice, no sugar, no dairy, very little meat at all (usually my organic protein powder).

Any thoughts/success/experiences you can share?

Thanks so much to all of you, and I wish you all so much success in your endeavors.
    My Ovulation Chart
    : March 3, 2016 baby girl @ 17w to EColi January 7, 2017 baby girl @ 15w to placental abruption
    TTC our dream baby and praying for a safe pregnancy with a take home baby in my arms

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would stop folic acid ASAP and take folinic acid .,. Not everyone can absorb folic (artificial) acid and for some it can be toxic to them! Have you been tested for mthfr gene?

3. Thanks SweetLily thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah they've done a complete work up and cant find anything lg wrong. I thought my her maybe too but that was not it. Just egg quality. Thanks!
    My Ovulation Chart
    : March 3, 2016 baby girl @ 17w to EColi January 7, 2017 baby girl @ 15w to placental abruption
    TTC our dream baby and praying for a safe pregnancy with a take home baby in my arms

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Going vegan is not a great idea for upping fertility IMO. Too many carbs can be bad for fertility and legumes and soy have compounds in them that may harm fertility. Peas were actually being investigated as use to make birth control pills! Studies showed that a diet of too many carbs (which vegan diets even though healthy are higher carb) can mess with fertility Can High-Protein, Low-Carb Diet Boost Fertility Treatment? - US News Additionally, some carbs are better than others. I recommend the Perfect Health Diet but something liek the Zone is ok too. Don't go overboard and do Atkins, while some people with insulin resistance may benefit from that, most others won't and it's not safe when TTC.

Full fat dairy has been shown in studies to boost fertility.

A lot of people would recommend things like Pycogenol and Paba - HT ladies can you advise us on those?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Thanks SweetLily thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Some people have had good results with Pregnitude, I hesitate to recommend this because a member had terrible results with it (unbelievably bad egg quality) but I believe that it can help some people. I woudl probably give it a try in your situation.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

8. Thanks SweetLily thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is a link to a recent post I made of a list of supplements DH and I took before our recent HT cycle... Given our ages and previous cycle results (for which I took nothing besides folic) I do believe these supplements helped us (also seemed to help with my pretesting results, before starting any ivf meds etc) ....

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ht-f...tml#post757783

Hope that helps! good luck xxx

10. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweetlily I got my HT BFPs at 40 and now at 42. I will tell you I am no Vegan, Organic, Gluten free eating gal. Not even close. What I did do right before success at 40 is lose 20 pounds, some was babyfat from DS#2 and just years of cycling with the thought I will be pregnant any minute so why lose the weight. Well once I hit 40 and thought my HT days were over, I joined a gym, changed my eating habits (stopped fast foods) and just ate better in general. Got my BMI down to 21.

When I started cycling for DD#2 I was about 8 months postpartum was able to get my BMI to 22. Still ate properly but not eating fast foods, increasing protein. Ate a greek yogurt protein bar in between meals.

I still ate meat and am DEFINITELY a chocolate freak, continued to drink 2 cups of coffee, won't lie could not give up my occasional diet soda either. I don't drink or smoke but I am sure that most of us don't either....
    Last edited by Jany1025; October 3rd, 2015 at 05:30 PM.
    2 Boys 6 & 9 yrs old 6 year old IVF and has NF1 - PGD to test for NF1 and Gender

Cycle #1-August 2010-Transferred 1 Girl= BFN
    Cycle #2- Nov 2010- No Unaffected Females to Transfer No Unaffected Males to Freeze
    Cycle# 3- May 2011- 5 Fertilized --Frozen on Day 2 to Batch with Next Cycle
    Cycle #4- June 2011- Transferred 3 Girls=-BFN
    Cycle#5- September 2011-- Day 5 Biopsy-- Grade A Hatched Blastocyst Girl= BFN
    Cycle #6- Different Doctor-Dr Braverman January 2012-Transferred 3 Girls=BFN
    Cycle #7-April 2012 Transferred 6 Girls =BFN
    Cycle #8-July 2012 Transferred 3 Girls=BFN--WTF!
    Cycle #9-October 2012 Transferred 2 Girls- Beta-=13 Chemical Pregnancy...

April 2013- 40 yrs old- New RE- SIRM-NYC/Westchester- Transferred 2 Girl Blasts & 2 Girl Morulas= BFP!!!!

April 2015- 42 yrs old- SIRM- 1 Girl Transferred- BFP!!

Samantha 12/17/13 8pounds 3oz

Ava 12/28/15 8pounds 4oz

My Miracle..http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ht-f...acle-here.html

12. Thanks atomic sagebrush, SweetLily, sweetthing thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there any possible way you could get the DHEA? Online or something? Seems to really help most ppl.
    2011 2014 born on Mother's day, passed away at 7 mos on 12-18-14

Hoping to have another daughter....My heart longs to raise a daughter in this lifetime...

Me:37 Hubby:41 He has "very high count" I have low AMH 0.5

Cycle #1 June 2015: 4 follicles, 2 retrieved, zero fertilized, big fat flop.

Cycle #2 July 2015: 7 retrieved, 6 mature, 6 fertilized, 4 grade 1 blasts on ice to be batched w my upcoming September 2015 cycle.

Cycle #3 September 2015: 9 R, 9 M, 6 fert, 4 grade one blasts
    FET 11-07-15 BFP HB seen 6weeks

HT Baby Girl born 7-21-16

14. Thanks SweetLily thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I suspect you have an implantation issue. Did they test for anything regarding that?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

16. Thanks SweetLily thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Jany, what an inspiration your success story is! I guess I have been feeling really bummed about turning 39. I feel like its NEVER going to happen. We aren't ttc at the moment as DH has just quit some therapy he's been on and needs to get his numbers up.

EVERYONE, thanks for the enormous response! WOW, I feel so grateful

Paba and pycnogenol--I will try this!

DHEA, I read the side effects, and aside from the fact that we can't get it in canada, I am on the list of ppl that shouldn't take it? IDK why.

NBP and Atomic: Implantation...the fertility cilinc has tested and retested me for everything and have come up blank, thus they claim egg quality. Which is VERY possible because I used benzos for my panic disorder for a few years over the last 4. I'm not on them now, I went clean May 1st but the dr tried me on an antidepressant a few weeks ago that caused terrible panic, and I would up taking a few from my stash for about a week, so I'm hoping I didn't kill my egg quality from that for the next 90 days! I wouldn't be suprised if it is an implantation issue tho, as they seem to survive a few day then die. Early testing is the WORST IDEA EVER FOR ME! Not sure how to rectify that?

Really, it just seems so weird after 4 kids to have this issue now.

I will be more reasonable about my diet, I love meat (lol).

I feel stressed about it--the worst thing I know--cause DH is going to get an egg donor and surrogate if I can't get t done! Eek! I really want to have my own if I can.

So its been a struggle, my panic/anxiety has been through the roof for the last month (not good for my eggs either Im sure) and Im not sure how to get a handle on that. I just have to ride it out. Hopefully I can get pregnant by december. Its funny, I marked dec 31 2015 as my expiration date about 3 years ago, and now I am almost there! Perhaps that was a bit foolish of me! Ppl like Jany and Atomic are proof that you CAN make it happen after 40!

Anyway, if you have any further ideas, or even what I can do to help implantation, i'd love to hear it! The clinic told me to take aspirin every day, so thats all I have done.

Thanks so much ladies! Hugs!
    My Ovulation Chart

18. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast