Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

PGD with no embryos leftovers?

Hi everyone,

I am reading a lot of information, I am interested in High Tech family balancing with PGD. My husband doesn't want to have embryos leftovers..
    Is it posible to make 1 embryo a time (with the right sex), so you don't have any embryos left?

Is there otherwise any other option for me for high tech? Is Microsort not available anymore? Or something else?

I want it so bad, but my husband is Christian and don't really support it

Maybe other Christians can contact me?

Thank you so much..X

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there. Microsort with IVF is available in mexico. It is no longer available in the US. You could cycle there and not use PGD and transfer hoping to increase your odds but you will have leftover embryos that way.

How old are you? With full testing, we typically don't see that many healthy extras. Have you considered donating any extras? There are wait lists for such embryos and would be well-loved.

Unfortunately, you can't cycle one embryo at a time. It would cost $14,000 each time. That's not doable. IVF is a numbers game. It is very difficult when you have decent numbers so using a natural cycle to get one egg and test it could take years to happen and cost you a lot of money.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is at least one other person on the boards right now in the same position, does anyone remember the user name of this person??
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,
    Thank you for your answers, I have indeed seen that user Geraldine K also had the same issue, so I have send her a private message . I am 30 years old..
    The leftover embryos are they always the wanted sex? Because if they are and it is for example only one embryo, I can consider to put that back later for another girl..?

If you donate them, that means that somebody can have our embryo, so our 'child' (our genes) right?
    I have also read somewhere that you can place the embryos back when you are not fertile?

Thank you so much, I am so happy and grateful for this forum, knowing that I am not alone with this wish..
    XXX

5. Likes Hitmebabyonemoretime liked this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There's no guarantee of what the extras are. Yes, you can do a compassionate transfer when you know they have no chance of life.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

7. Likes Hitmebabyonemoretime liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy Beginning of solution?

Quote Originally Posted by IWish View Post
    Hi,
    Thank you for your answers, I have indeed seen that user Geraldine K also had the same issue, so I have send her a private message . I am 30 years old..
    The leftover embryos are they always the wanted sex? Because if they are and it is for example only one embryo, I can consider to put that back later for another girl..?

If you donate them, that means that somebody can have our embryo, so our 'child' (our genes) right?
    I have also read somewhere that you can place the embryos back when you are not fertile?

Thank you so much, I am so happy and grateful for this forum, knowing that I am not alone with this wish..
    XXX
    Hello everyone!!!
    Wow!
    IWish and NBP, I really never thought about that compassionate transfer.
    Wow! Do you know women/couples who did that? I don't know if that is a solution because this type of transfer may still lead to a pregnancy and the whole idea of transferring them while knowing perfectly that they won't survive hurts my beliefs...And what if the leftover embryos are around 4, 5 or 6. Would the couple transfer all of them?...
    To be honest, after reading the answers to my recent post, I told myself I was going to have that IVF/PGD for my longed for son, and at least be happy with a "complete family" for a while...And convince DH to transfer the others before my 40s...
    Yet, we never planned for more than 3...

NBP and Atomic, with the experience you have on these matters; I need clarity from you on the below:
    Is it not a beginning of solution to have a reduced number of fertilized eggs? Stats show that some will surely not make it till Day5 and just few will develop normally.
    since Oct 2011
    DH:31, DW:28, DD1: 2012, DD2:2014 (all surprise babies)
    Praying for a and contemplating Mircosort/PGD very very soon

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    IVF for GS is a numbers game. You are charged the same cycle fee regardless of how many eggs you produce. Going though all that and purposefully lowering your numbers does not make sense for GS purposes. You could do that and still produce only girl embryos. Then what?

Until you can get past or around the idea of creating embryos of the opposite gender OR extras un general, IVF with PGD cannot be an option for you.

Even if you did use minimal drugs for stim and did a mini-ivf cycle, you could still produce extras. Then what?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh yeah that's right, Geraldine. I hope you guys can be support for one another.

Donating embryos means that a family who cannot conceive a child of their own, would adopt your child. Genetically it would be your child. For me, that would be hard, personally, to know that my child was out there in the world but I think that it is a beautiful thing and amazingly generous and I applaud everyone who is able to do that.

RE compassionate transfer, yes you can put them back at a time in the cycle when you can't become pregnant from it. I tend to agree with you that really there's not any difference between that and just not implanting them but many feel differently.

RE number of eggs - this is actually not a solution, unfortunately. It lowers your odds SO much - trying to get as many eggs as possible, there are MANY ladies who still get NO eggs after medication. Many others retrieve 10-20 eggs and then still get all or mostly poor quality embryos. Then, you would have to have only the desired gender. And after all that, you'd have to successfully implant that embryo after testing. It would be like winning the lottery and getting struck by lightning at the same time.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

11. Thanks Geraldine K thanked for this post
    Likes adnilleinad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Everything that NBP and Atomic says is bang on I used to work as an embryologist and have come across this scenario a few times before. I must tell you - it never ended well for those who put a defined number on the number of eggs they wanted fertilized. And this was NOT for gender selection purposes either. We did our very best to choose a mature, healthy looking egg for attempted fertilization but even then we could not predict whether it would actually fertilize or not, little lone make it until day 5 and be of the desired gender. Every couple that limited egg fertilization numbers on the first cycle had a totally different take on it the second time around and chose to attempt to fertilize every egg.

It was actually not that uncommon for people to come in for compassionate transfers as a way of taking their extra embryos. Another thing that many people did was to come in and pick up their embryo straws (embryos are frozen in small straw-like tubes) and take them home for a little burial or ceremony of some sort. We would also mail the straws to people as well if they were not local. Just another option to consider.
    (2010) (2013 LE sway opposite) HT (HRC 2018)

Cycle 1 HRC Nov 2015: 9 retrieved, 6 mature, 5 fertilized, 4 biopsied, 2 normal XY = NT
    Cycle 2 HRC Mar 2016: 13 retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 6 normal = 5 XX, 1 XY!
    FET #1 Aug 2016: Chemical
    FET #2 Nov 2016 Immune protocol: BFP! HB at 7 and 10 weeks. No HB at 12 weeks Miscarriage.
    FET #3 Aug 2017 Immune protocol: BFP!
    arrived May 2018

13. Thanks Geraldine K, atomic sagebrush, aussiettc thanked for this post
    Likes Hitmebabyonemoretime liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all for your replies.
    Useful information and simple explanation!
    Have a nice week!
    since Oct 2011
    DH:31, DW:28, DD1: 2012, DD2:2014 (all surprise babies)
    Praying for a and contemplating Mircosort/PGD very very soon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast