Thread: IVF Timeline

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

IVF Timeline

I'm new to the whole concept of HT and IVF/PGD.
    Wondering if anyone can give me a rough idea of the timeline for IVF....basically breaking down the extraction process and then the implantation process and how long each takes and how long between 'attempts'.

I ask for the following reasons:
    1. I'm 40, turing 41 in June 2016. My door is closing quickly and I don't know if I want to do IVF after 42 so I have about 18 months of TTC.
    2. If we retrieve some embryos and end up with a few healthy females ones how many weeks do you have to wait between 'trys'? Basically once you get the embryos can you implant them every cycle or do you have to do it every other (this would make sense as once you get the BFN it would probably be too late in that particular cycle). So timing wise wondering if you can take a shot every 2 months?
    3. What is the cost of implanting the egg? Vs. retrieving the eggs making embryos with sperm and testing....just a side question.

Sorry for my really rough language regarding all this. I'm so new to the whole concept just trying to get my head wrapped around on if this is a good option. We plan to meet with my OB, a urologist and a local IVF clinic in the next few weeks so I'm sure I get some more answers but understanding things before meeting with professionals would be helpful as I'll know what questions to ask them.

Thank you!
    (2011) (2014)

2. Thanks Giselle2016 thanked for this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there. You should read the link in my signature. The HT Guide. It provides an overview. You should also become a Dream Member so you can see the HT forums and the cycle diaries that document all the past cycles people have been through on here. Those will give you a great idea of how a cycle goes. It's only $19 and it is worth it.

You will need a doctor consult so you can do pretesting. Pretesting will see if IVF is an option for you at 40-41. IVF is very hard over 40.

If you get a healthy female, you transfer it the same cycle you do the retrieval. It is around $14,000 per attempt plus meds- that is the entire thing. Once you have egg retrieval, you have paid all of the cycle fees. If you end up with nothing to transfer, you get less than $1,000 back. So, you are all in at that point.

You need to read the guide and educate yourself on the process first.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post