Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I am certainly not a doctor but I am a mother of a special needs child that has global low tone and an issue where her body fails to make lean muscle mass like typical people so I do have some expertise on the subject.

I can tell you this, after meeting with the best dietitians in the USA, the only way to control weight gain, even with a genetic condition, is lots of cardio and low-carb diet.

It really is impossible to put on an extreme amount of weight if you were burning more calories than you are consuming throughout the day. The only way to lose weight is to do cardio that gets your heart rate up for an extended amount of time. You also do have to watch your carbohydrate intake. As you know carbs simply break down into sugar which turns to fat.

My daughter actually has a genetic condition which makes losing weight tremendously difficult. What she has is not something that you can just suddenly get later on in life. It sounds like you have been through a lot. If you truly have gone through that to try to lose weight and you really have burned more calories then you are taking and throughout the day, the only answer is you have some sort of immunity issue or an endocrine issue that needs to be diagnosed and handled.

At your BMI, IVF success is rare. You really need to do some research and read about low-carb diet specifically related to IVF success and how it can help someone with a weight issue and with PCOS increase their chances.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't already be eating low-carb given your current health situation. It doesn't make sense that if you consistently worked out doing cardio seven days a week and ate a low-carb, low-calorie diet that you wouldn't lose weight. If that is truly the case, you do need medical assistance and a diagnosis.
    Last edited by nuthinbutpink; March 29th, 2016 at 12:02 PM.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm assuming you have had you thyroid tested?
    17 12 9 3 HT

6 Cycles and 2 FET in all to FINALLY have my
    May 2015- Did another fresh cycle to get a sister for my DD
    that ended with no normals:

Thank you Dr.P

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a neat tool - Calorie Calculator

It has a food item calorie guide a little ways down.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have no advise but wish you all the best X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just wanted to throw this out there, have you been tested for food allergies?
    I ask this because my SIL was a bigger girl (tall and big frame) and was having a heck of a time with weight gain in he late 20's. She did blood tests and found out that her body can't process simple sugars and complex sugars if eaten at the same time. Weird, I know. She is also allergic to dairy and glucose. Once she followed a strict diet of no dairy or gluten, she lost 50 lbs in 1-2 months and feels so much better.
    So, if you have had thyroid and hormones checked and all are good, I would get blood food allergy testing done to see if all of the "healthy" diet foods you are eating are really hurting your body.
    Just another avenue for you to check into and I hope and pray you get answers because I can tell that you are quite frustrated with the whole situation. ((HUGS))
    me (42 ) DH (43)
    1995 (gave up for adoption)
    2005 2010 2013 (failed IG sway) July 2015 (swayed, lost his triplet siblings at 11w3d) 2017.

Swayed for our but had all . Our family is complete.

My Ovulation Chart

6. Likes Blueplease liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123