Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think comparing HRC, RMANJ, and any other top USA clinic where they have labs that are state of the art, non-smoking employees due to regulations, oversight by a governing body, to Genesis, it's just a night and day comparison.

I UNDERSTAND that people need to use Genesis due to multiple factors and I certainly hope they are successful and we have seen success from there BUT if you are asking, which you did, that is my opinion. The meds are cheaper because of the type of med prescribed(usually menopur) which no US clinic uses on its own for an IVF cycle because too much menopur can have a negative impact on eggs and the older you are, the worse it is.

I understand wanting to be able to try more than once. Makes sense. You simply have to make the best decision you can and we all will cheer you on. I would start with pretesting before you spin your wheels on all of this anymore. Your pretesting might persuade you one way or another. Until you have that, it's really hard to choose anything.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by SoFullofHope; April 24th, 2018 at 05:29 PM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to chip in, the uk ladies who have been to HRC say the meds are much less than HRC quote as you can source them in uk. There is one med with HRC you need to get from the states but the rest are definitely a fraction of the cost...

I agree - do your pre testing and see how the land lies xx

2 gorgeous boys (Jan 15 and Oct 16)
    Awaiting AF to return to begin pretesting for HT attempt for baby girl

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFullofHope View Post
    That's very interesting; I was wondering why they charge about seven times more for meds than European clinics. I wonder if they could just send a prescription and we could get them over here. But I guess our chemists wouldn't accept their prescriptions, would they?
    I am in the UK and cycled at HRC last year and my meds were nowhere near the $5-7000 they quote. There are certain drugs that you can only get in the US such as lupron and estradiol (although I have an unopened vial of the latter that I'm happy to sell on cheaply by the by) but I got most of my meds at Asda. You can't use a US prescription here but Mr Lower happily wrote UK prescriptions for me (I did most of my pretesting with him and some subsequent tests).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes Kittybear liked this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFullofHope View Post
    That's very interesting; I was wondering why they charge about seven times more for meds than European clinics. I wonder if they could just send a prescription and we could get them over here. But I guess our chemists wouldn't accept their prescriptions, would they?

They don't charge you. No US clinic "charges" or sells meds for the most part. They prescribe them. You get them wherever you want.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The clinic is just giving you an estimate for what you may spend on meds when they give you a quote. Some people go through insurance. Some order online. The actual price is not known until you receive your protocol.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just double checked and for my ER meds I paid:

Doxycyline 100mg Capsules £0.31/capsule X 10 £3.10

Gonal f 900iu Pre-filled Pen* £282 each X 3 £846.00

Menopur 75iu Inj / Private Patient £13.65 X 10 £136.50

I also paid $449 for lupron plus shipping of almost $200 (ouch) plus UK customs then billed me around £80 when it was delivered (double ouch!).

I did a planned FET so my other meds might be different to what you'd have for a fresh transfer but to give you an idea I paid $222 for each vial of estradiol. Crinone is much cheaper in the UK than in the US - I've found a quote I had for 45 gels for £110 but I think I got it cheaper than that.

Hope that gives you some sort of idea in terms of costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes Mummy81 liked this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They may but you are free to get them on your own.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast