Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ultrasounds leading up to HT

To all the ladies who have cycled at HRC,
    I got my schedule today to cycle at HRC in July and I was a bit surprised to see that I needed to have 3 more ultrasounds and bloods after I start meds, but before I travel to HRC.
    Is this normal, or have I misunderstood?

I guess I'm feeling a bit disappointed. I felt a huge amount of relief once my pre-testing was done, they asked so many questions which made me feel uncomfortable and not to mention the $$ involved in all these tests.

Thanks in advance for your knowledge
    x

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What day do you get to HRC? You usually have a scan before you start meds, and then blood around day 3/4 and u/s checks around day 4, and then every so often to check your progress. They have to know how you are responding.

How early to you get to HRC? Right before ER?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Nuthinbutpink, thanks for replying. Egg retrieval is 26th July.
    I arrive in LA on the 23rd July. Ultrasound at HRC on the 24th.

I start meds on the 6/7/17

This is what I was unsure about:
    I have orders to have a STAT (E2) blood test and baseline vaginal ultrasound on 12/7/17, then STAT (e2) blood test and endometrial lining ultrasound on the 19/7/17, then STAT (E2) bloodtest and endometrial lining ultrasound on the 21/7/17.

hope that makes sense. Does this sound normal?
    Cheers

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes- the first is before you start meds. You have to make sure you are suppressed and have no cysts prior to starting meds.

The next two are to make sure you are responding and gives the doctor a chance to adjust meds up or down if needed. When you arrive, that is the LAST u/s that will confirm when to trigger prior to ER and to check your lining to make sure all looks ok.

This is standard protocol.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome, this makes me feel a thousand times better. I was a bit worried something was wrong with my pre-testing. I don't consult Dr Potter until Thursday. Thanks again