Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

No Embryo Picking at C*** anymore??

Last edited by SoFullofHope; April 26th, 2018 at 04:16 PM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What I was told by Dr H this week is that when the results are back, they will email me a full detailed copy of the results, and she sent me an example of what that will look like if it's normal and if it's abnormal, and the example did for sure reveal the gender. She said once I receive the email with my results, she'll schedule a phone consult or skype consult so that she can explain what the results mean and answer any questions and we can decide how to proceed. I am assuming from her wording and tone that this means we will choose the embryos together.... that she will recomend which embryos we can transfer, but that as long as it's a healthy embryo chromosomally and good quality, (of course), that my say will be included and that as long as there is a healthy xx embryo, I can choose that one to transfer. I'm not 100% sure, but that's the way she implied it, and that's the way my hubby and I both interpreted what she was saying.... I hope that helps and I will keep updating throughout my journey as I go

3. Thanks SoFullofHope thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by SoFullofHope; April 26th, 2018 at 04:15 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is what happened with five boys though. She only had XY and they wouldn't tell her what the gender was so she had to in that moment, make the decision to transfer or not. Maybe it was XX, maybe it was XY, the doctor wouldn't tell. She couldn't say "I don't want to transfer" because they wouldn't tell her what gender the baby was at all. And then what if it had been XX???

You can have 100 great stories where everything went right, but the thing is that when it's in a country where GS is frowned upon, there is always the risk that it will happen to you. As long as you understand that risk, and choose to proceed anyway that's fine, but we just don't want you to assume it's all fine and dandy and everyone is down with it, when really it is all very hush hush and secretive and subject to crackdown not only from authorities but from the doctors changing their minds randomly at the last minute.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Likes Floris liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by SoFullofHope; April 26th, 2018 at 04:15 PM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If they give you the full report as dr H told me they for sure will, the gender is revealed in the report. I think my strategy is, if there are no healthy girl embryos, I will tell them I don't feel confident that there are sufficient embryos for me to feel ready to proceed and that before we proceed, I want to bank more embryos....

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by SoFullofHope; April 26th, 2018 at 04:14 PM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm pretty sure she knows why we're doing this, but has to be legal. She told me I will be emailed the full reports once the testing results are revived and then she'll set up a phone consult to explain the results and answer questions and decide how to proceed from there. At that point, if there are no girl embryos, I will tell her we want to add more embryos with another egg retrieval, maybe a second donor and that we'll pay extra for it, so we can bank embryos.... that's my back up plan at this point for that scenario .....

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by SoFullofHope; April 26th, 2018 at 04:06 PM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck sofullofhope! I'm sad for you that the c*** won't work for you, i was so hopeful for you. I understand your situation though...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast