Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Should I drop swaying with HT?

I've read a lot and seen that keto, losing weight beforehand, less red meat, more olive/avocado oil, etc. all bode well for IVF.

Which is all very anti-HE. If I do these things to improve my success with IVF, am I likey to have more girl embryos as a result?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Swaying and HT are two separate things. Swaying pink is meant to lower fertility which is the opposite of what you're supposed to do when going HT. A lot of things done for HT are not all that pink friendly (eating lots of healthy fats, eating more protein, less carbs, eliminating sugar, taking vitamins, etc). Atomic has a diet post for those formerly swaying and now doing HT: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html

Just scroll down until you reach the Atomic Fertility Diet and there's sections there for blue swayers.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

3. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also I don't know if you saw NBP's post about diet for IVF: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/prep...-what-eat.html

I think too if you're snacking, not doing any sort of fasting then you should be more blue friendly. Like I said though doing IVF and swaying are separate from one another so even IF doing the HT diet made your body more pink friendly for natural conception, it shouldn't necessarily make you produce more female embryos with IVF (does that make sense?). Lots of ladies doing HT for a girl are eating more blue friendly diets in an attempt to improve fertility yet many still get plenty of female embryos. I think the gender split with IVF is just luck of the draw really.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

5. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's going to be tough, but if you go HT you have to start training your mind to not go to swaying logic because it doesn't translate to the HT world. The embryologist essentially picks the gender by selecting a nice looking sperm and injecting it into the egg. Nothing you do will make your eggs more "girl friendly" or "boy friendly". Gender splits with HT are truly luck of the draw and it's out of your hands. You need to eat as healthy as possible to maximize your egg quality and overall health regardless of the gender you are seeking.
    (2010) (2013 LE sway opposite) HT (HRC 2018)

Cycle 1 HRC Nov 2015: 9 retrieved, 6 mature, 5 fertilized, 4 biopsied, 2 normal XY = NT
    Cycle 2 HRC Mar 2016: 13 retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 6 normal = 5 XX, 1 XY!
    FET #1 Aug 2016: Chemical
    FET #2 Nov 2016 Immune protocol: BFP! HB at 7 and 10 weeks. No HB at 12 weeks Miscarriage.
    FET #3 Aug 2017 Immune protocol: BFP!
    arrived May 2018

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Losing weight, less red meat, healthy fats etc. do bode well for ivf but you don't need to go crazy with it. A healthy BMI is a big one though - there's no shortage of studies that indicate success can be compromised if you fall into the overweight category.
    Last edited by nicoler; November 9th, 2017 at 02:24 PM.

Cycle 1 HRC Nov 2015: 9 retrieved, 6 mature, 5 fertilized, 4 biopsied, 2 normal XY = NT
    Cycle 2 HRC Mar 2016: 13 retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 6 normal = 5 XX, 1 XY!
    FET #2 Nov 2016 Immune protocol: BFP! HB at 7 and 10 weeks. No HB at 12 weeks Miscarriage.
    arrived May 2018

8. Thanks Throwaway_panther, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great question TP. I wondered myself. If this isn't my bfp we are doing ivf with pds in Dec.
    I've started to eat healthy and researched the ivf diet online. It's so different from LE.
    Mama to 2 DS and 2 DD and 1 angel DD

10. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The only thing that *might* influence gender is having DH take liquid olive leaf extract and a vitamin C supplement for about 3 months prior to cycling if you are seeking a girl. Unfortunately there is no equivalent supplement for those going for a boy.

arrived May 2018

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoler View Post
    It's going to be tough, but if you go HT you have to start training your mind to not go to swaying logic because it doesn't translate to the HT world. The embryologist essentially picks the gender by selecting a nice looking sperm and injecting it into the egg. Nothing you do will make your eggs more "girl friendly" or "boy friendly". Gender splits with HT are truly luck of the draw and it's out of your hands. You need to eat as healthy as possible to maximize your egg quality and overall health regardless of the gender you are seeking.
    Thank you! This is exactly what I needed to hear. Throwing myself into IVF prep will be no problem -- it's just almost anxiety inducing after HE for two years to make some of these changes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    it's just almost anxiety inducing after HE for two years to make some of these changes!
    I completely understand!! When you have been into swaying for a long time, it's hard to get it off your mind when you are planning meals etc.

arrived May 2018

14. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I went from HT (mc my girl) to swaying (another mc) to now HT again. I think preparing for HT is more difficult than swaying. You have to be on a very nicely balanced diet, do regular exercise and take lots of supplements. I wish you the best!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

16. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast