Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Waiting for egg retrieval results

Hi! I was a member for the past year and was swaying naturally with no luck everyone thinks my stress level is too high bc I was getting plenty of nutrition and all the blood work came back normal. I never responded to clomid or femara. So I started the IVF process because of my annovulation. During the journey, we discovered my husband has a large amount of oddly shaped sperm. The heads on a lot are too large. So we are doing ivf/Icsi/pgd. Yesterday was my egg retrieval. They got 54 eggs. 38 were good quality. They fertilized 25 and froze 13. 19 fertilized normally. Now waiting to see how many make it to day 5 then out for pgd. I’m so so nervous!! I would hate to have gone through all of this to have no healthy little girls. Seeing my numbers, do you think my odds are good? Also, is it possible that my husbands sperm that is too large are all the girls and he only is able to produce healthy boys?? I just could use some encouragement/advice/information. Thanks everyone!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh my goodness, I hope you are feeling well after having all those eggs retrieved. You definitely stand a great chance of having a girl in there with those numbers. Don't worry about DHs sperm- the shape or abnormalities do not provide any clues about whether they are X or Y.
    (2010) (2013 LE sway opposite) HT (HRC 2018)

Cycle 1 HRC Nov 2015: 9 retrieved, 6 mature, 5 fertilized, 4 biopsied, 2 normal XY = NT
    Cycle 2 HRC Mar 2016: 13 retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 6 normal = 5 XX, 1 XY!
    FET #1 Aug 2016: Chemical
    FET #2 Nov 2016 Immune protocol: BFP! HB at 7 and 10 weeks. No HB at 12 weeks Miscarriage.
    FET #3 Aug 2017 Immune protocol: BFP!
    arrived May 2018

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush, llec28 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I only had 11 frozen and 7 were pgs normal embryos. 6 were girls. You have a good chance I say!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Mama to 2 DS and 2 DD and 1 angel DD

5. Likes llec28 liked this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow. Rest up. That is a huge amount of eggs. If you experience any rapid swelling or weight gain, please call your doctor! Good luck!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Holy blazes! Girl, you should be dancing in the streets with those results!

Macrocephaly is often caused when something goes wrong with cell division. It can happen to EITHER gender sperm because all sperm start off their life as one big XY sperm wearing the same skin. Then they divide to make 50-50 X and Y sperm. So something going wrong in this process means that the sperm end up with too large heads, and this could be either X or Y. There is no evidence that X or Y sperm could possibly be affected and the other gender not be affected.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Thanks llec28 thanked for this post
    Likes nicoler liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much everyone! I’m still a nervous wreck, it’s a lot of time, money and emotional investment. I know you all know that. I jut received my 5 day results. 19 eggs fertilized, but only 8 made it to day 5. 5 good quality and 3 fair quality. Those have been sent to the pgd lab and I will have my results in 7-10 days of the normalcy and gender. What are your thoughts on the percentage of normal vs abnormal when pgd tested?? I’m kind of discouraged bc it seems 50% arrest with each step. Should I expect only 4 or less normal? Are my numbers still looking ok for chance of female?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    4 normal would be awesome. You made a TON of eggs. More than usual. The odds of have tons of normals after you make tons of eggs are not that high. More is not always better. HOWEVER, the fact that you can make that many, you have a great chance at making it to transfer. Remember, you are in this for ONE good embryo. That is all you really need!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

12. Thanks llec28 thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    4 normal would be awesome. You made a TON of eggs. More than usual. The odds of have tons of normals after you make tons of eggs are not that high. More is not always better. HOWEVER, the fact that you can make that many, you have a great chance at making it to transfer. Remember, you are in this for ONE good embryo. That is all you really need!
    This! Good luck! Can't wait for update!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wanted to update you all. I just received my results from the lab. I have 6 normal embryos and 4 are female!!!! Now any advice on how to make this embryo transfer successful will be greatly appreciated!!! I’m the happiest girl alive right now ��

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Amazing results!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast