Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face 2 transferred embryos- no success

Hello ladies,

So I had my first IVF where I had 6 good quality eggs at the ER which were all fertilized and good quality embryos. They were all FISH tested, 2xx, 2 xy and 2 inconclusive which are frozen for now. I’m 35 and have 3 DD’s that were conceived naturally after first try, so no issues there. I just feel defeated because we spent soooo much money on this and without results. Dr gave me 20% chances of getting PG first time, so I don’t know what to do... I don’t want to spend another 15k on something that will not give me desired results.
    So what should I do? How to maximize my chances? I feel lost and to be honest I just want to be over with it.
    (2007) (2010)(2016; failed sway)

2014 surprise pregnancy which resulted in missed miscarriage

May 2018 1st cycle for

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Why is your success rate 20% with 4 good quality embryos? What grades are They? I am confused why you can't just transfer those?
    I am currently pregnant first ivf transfer. I transferred 2 AB PGS tested embryos. And one took.

It's hard to know with out all the details unfortunately. I think you have to go through the transfer process first to even see what your lining and body does to know if transferring would be a success that round. The whole IVF process is a gamble for sure. Sorry you are going through this.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Georgia_Peach; May 30th, 2018 at 08:13 AM.
    Mama to 2 DS and 2 DD and 1 angel DD

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamabird4 View Post
    Why is your success rate 20% with 4 good quality embryos? What grades are They? I am confused why you can't just transfer those?
    I am currently pregnant first ivf transfer. I transferred 2 AB PGS tested embryos. And one took.

It's hard to know with out all the details unfortunately. I think you have to go through the transfer process first to even see what your lining and body does to know if transferring would be a success that round. The whole IVF process is a gamble for sure. Sorry you are going through this.

My success rate was 20% with the 2 that were transferred (could be due to their quality). Other two were not of desired gender. Dr said my uterus is in excellent shape so I guess it probably depends on the quality of the embryos

May 2018 1st cycle for

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What was your pretesting like?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by shinajam View Post
    My success rate was 20% with the 2 that were transferred (could be due to their quality). Other two were not of desired gender. Dr said my uterus is in excellent shape so I guess it probably depends on the quality of the embryos
    Yes all embryos should be given a grade. Granted those grades are very subjective and many have had successful pregnancies with lower graded embryos.
    I do think these results should have been given to you though.
    What does your Dr reccomend now?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry things didn’t work about for you. But if I understand correctly you did FISH testing. This means the embryos could still be abnormal. To maximize your chance of success I highly recommend you get NGS/PGS done.
    Mommy to: (2014), (2016) & our GS (2019)

Cycle #1: HRC February 2018 - 6 retrieved, 2 mature, 2 feritilized, 2 biopsied = 2 NORMAL XYs!!
    FET #1: Sept 2018 -BFP! Arrived May 2019

Thank you Gender Dreaming & Dr Potter for completing our family ❤️

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by anne.d View Post
    Sorry things didn’t work about for you. But if I understand correctly you did FISH testing. This means the embryos could still be abnormal. To maximize your chance of success I highly recommend you get NGS/PGS done.
    Day 5 FISH testing for 5 chromosomes. I know that they weren’t fully tested and therefore anything can happen. Anne d is that how you got successfully pregnant? By doing full testing?

I will try to transfer the frozen ones in September if they are of desired gender otherwise I think we are done probably as we can not afford more cycles

May 2018 1st cycle for

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Shinajam. I am transferring Sept. I have 2 fully tested (all chromosomes) normal boys. I was given a success rate of 80% because they are fully tested. So I won’t know until Sept if I’m successful.
    Mommy to: (2014), (2016) & our GS (2019)

Cycle #1: HRC February 2018 - 6 retrieved, 2 mature, 2 feritilized, 2 biopsied = 2 NORMAL XYs!!
    FET #1: Sept 2018 -BFP! Arrived May 2019

Thank you Gender Dreaming & Dr Potter for completing our family ❤️

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by anne.d View Post
    Shinajam. I am transferring Sept. I have 2 fully tested (all chromosomes) normal boys. I was given a success rate of 80% because they are fully tested. So I won’t know until Sept if I’m successful.
    Good luck to you �� I will be following your story. Are you going to transfer both?

May 2018 1st cycle for

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I thought you did PGS testing too. Ya mine were all tested fully.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast