Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

First ivf cycle and it cancelled

Hey!

We have two kids (1 boy, 1 special needs girl). We have tried over a year for number three and no luck (1 miscarriage). Turns out I have low ovarian reserve. We just started our first ivf cycle but cancelled bc of low response. Anyone ever have low response but then did another cycle with different protocol and have success? I said I wanted to try again and dr is doing a different protocol and having me start bc pills right away.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry. Same thing happened to me. I did take DHEA for 8-9 months to help my reserve. I do believe that it helped me out because all my pretesting got better. It is hard to wait though.

I changed my protocol for the second cycle. I did not use BCP. Only lupron for suppression. I was on a very high dose of FSH and LH but got 20 eggs, 10 of which fertilized. That was after the DHEA though.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn’t have bcp on the first round, I did have lupron. I’ll ask about the dhea.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Where did you cycle? What was your protocol?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What do you mean where did I cycle? Like my location? I started with 20u lupron for a couple days then down to .5 lupron, 20u low dose hcg, and 300 global f twice a day.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So you used 300 gonal and HCG for stims?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think your dose of Lupron is way too high and it probably oversuppressed you. I have DOR and only one ovary. AMH 0.97 and AFC 7. Cycled with Dr P and put on a microdose Lupron flare protocol. May be an option you want to discuss with your doctor. Perhaps a protocol change may help.
    Mommy to: (2014), (2016) & our GS (2019)

Cycle #1: HRC February 2018 - 6 retrieved, 2 mature, 2 feritilized, 2 biopsied = 2 NORMAL XYs!!
    FET #1: Sept 2018 -BFP! Arrived May 2019

Thank you Gender Dreaming & Dr Potter for completing our family ❤️

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes hcg and 300 gonal in morning and then another 300 gonal in evening.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by anne.d View Post
    I think your dose of Lupron is way too high and it probably oversuppressed you. I have DOR and only one ovary. AMH 0.97 and AFC 7. Cycled with Dr P and put on a microdose Lupron flare protocol. May be an option you want to discuss with your doctor. Perhaps a protocol change may help.
    I’ll remember the lupron flare. I havent received the new protocol for the next cycle yet. I only know I start bcp on day one of my next period for 2 weeks. I did order dhea and should be here tomorrow so I’ll start taking that. I read 75 is recommended, is that correct?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    75mg is usually the dose but I would urge you to run that by your clinic. I ran it by my clinic when I was cycling and it was an absolute no. The reason I was given is that they developed a protocol for me based on my pretesting right now. DHEA may cause your pretesting to improve or worsen and you will need to take it for at least 6 months with frequent hormone level checks before you see any effect. The frequent hormone checks is to check testoserone levels as elevated levels can affect egg quality. Just some things to consider and run by your doctor. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by mwilson View Post
    I’ll remember the lupron flare. I havent received the new protocol for the next cycle yet. I only know I start bcp on day one of my next period for 2 weeks. I did order dhea and should be here tomorrow so I’ll start taking that. I read 75 is recommended, is that correct?
    Last edited by anne.d; June 22nd, 2018 at 02:20 PM.
    Mommy to: (2014), (2016) & our GS (2019)

Cycle #1: HRC February 2018 - 6 retrieved, 2 mature, 2 feritilized, 2 biopsied = 2 NORMAL XYs!!
    FET #1: Sept 2018 -BFP! Arrived May 2019

Thank you Gender Dreaming & Dr Potter for completing our family ❤️

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast