Hi,

I am looking into IVF with PGD to conceive a girl. I have three incredible boys already.

I am wondering if anyone on here has gone through the process and could give me some info. I am specifically wondering about any Toronto clinics that can help with the process on this end (monitoring, tests etc). I would obviously be interested in working with clinics in NY but can't navigate the system, there's so many clinics it seems! I am embarrassed to ask my doctor about PGD because of the judgement...

One thing I'm considering: my oldest son was just diagnosed with mild ASD, and we are now testing my second. I know this sounds awful, but are these medical grounds deemed serious enough to warrant medical intervention (because ASD is more prevalent in boys than girls)?

Also, does anyone know if IVF is recommended for someone who has had a number of c-sections? Does this matter? (I don't really know why it would, but thought I'd ask).

Also, since I have to wait 1 year post-delivery before TTC, I won't be able to start trying until December. Does this mean I can't start the IVF process until then?

My husband is also very against PGD (kind of a big problem!) Did anyone else have this problem, and if so, how did they overcome? Obviously very personal but nonetheless any strategies/resources to help me convince him would be hugely appreciated.

Thank you so much.