Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Toronto Girl looking for help navigating PGD & IVF!

**apologize for re-posting below, realized I posted and was not a 'Dream Member'**

Hi,

I am looking into IVF with PGD to conceive a girl. I have three beautiful boys already, but I still am longing for a daughter and have finally decided that I need to be more proactive about it (we did a sway for #3 but it was a very half-ass attempt).

I am wondering if anyone on here has gone through the process and could give me some info. I am specifically wondering about any Toronto clinics that can help with the process on this end (monitoring, tests etc). I would obviously be interested in working with clinics in NY but can't navigate the system, there's so many clinics it seems! I am embarrassed to ask my doctor about PGD because of the judgement...

One thing I'm considering: my oldest son was just diagnosed with mild ASD, and we are now testing my second. I know this sounds awful, but are these medical grounds deemed serious enough to warrant medical intervention in Canada (because ASD is more prevalent in boys than girls)?

Also, does anyone know if IVF is recommended for someone who has had a number of c-sections? Does this matter? (I don't really know why it would, but thought I'd ask).

Since I have to wait 1 year post-delivery before TTC (due to c-section), I won't be able to start trying until December. Does this mean I can't start the IVF process until then?

My husband is also hesitant to do PGD (kind of a big problem!) Did anyone else have this situation, and if so, how did they overcome (or did they)? Obviously very personal but nonetheless any strategies/resources to help me convince him would be hugely appreciated

Thank you so much.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You are very close to CNY in NY where some on here have had success (I personally didn't, unfortunately). They are the cheapest clinic in the U.S.

As for the ASD, I know some women in Europe have been able to get PGS/PGD for gender, but I don't know about Canada

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello,
    I am near Toronto as well and am just wondering if you have had any success finding out more information for PGD in the states? I don’t even know where to begin

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi summerlove. I am also near Toronto and went to the US for GS IVF. If you become a dream member there’s a lot of information in the private forum. Sometimes people are reluctant to share information in this open forum. There’s a lot of options depending on where you want to cycle. I cycled with Dr Potter at HRC and currently 15 wks pregnant.
    Mommy to: (2014), (2016) & our GS (2019)

Cycle #1: HRC February 2018 - 6 retrieved, 2 mature, 2 feritilized, 2 biopsied = 2 NORMAL XYs!!
    FET #1: Sept 2018 -BFP! Arrived May 2019

Thank you Gender Dreaming & Dr Potter for completing our family ❤️

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I second this. Join the group. I just had my PGS baby girl and have 4 more on ice in the states! We had a very successful round.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Mama to 2 DS and 2 DD and 1 angel DD

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by summerlove View Post
    Hello,
    I am near Toronto as well and am just wondering if you have had any success finding out more information for PGD in the states? I don’t even know where to begin
    Hi Summerlove! I’m cycling in the states soon. Like anne and mamabird mentioned, I recommend getting the dream membership so you have access to all the HT info! It’s well worth it!
    Momma to two handsome boys Dreaming, wishing, hoping & praying to high heaven for our baby girl to complete our family