Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face I'm new to this. Looking at RNA in Philadelphia. Please help.

Hi,

I'm new to all this. I have 2 boys right now and I would love a girl to complete our family. This is my last chance as we will not be trying for a 4th child. This is why I am looking into IVF/pgs. I called RNA of Philadelphia with Dr. Freeman because they had the RMAssure plan. I loved the idea of 6 cycles if it doesnt work, but now I'm super disappointed because I was told if I get healthy boys I cant try again. I am terrified to pay around 20k for one cycle and not get any healthy girls or pregnant. One cycle with them is $13,750 plus 2k lab and around 5k meds. I'm so upset right now because I read so many of you guys doing more then one cycle. I cant afford 20k each cycle. I could just see doing one cycle and it not working and I just spent 20k and got nothing from it If anyone could offer me any advise I'd really appreciate it. This is really stressing me out. Should I use a different clinic? I'm in pa. Any great affordable clinics anyone used? Any advise would be helpful. Thanks!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    CNY in New York is cheaper and not suuuper far from you!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! Thank you for your suggestion. I will definitely be looking into that clinic. I checked how far their office is from me and its 3.5 hours away. Not sure how many times I would need to travel. I read I could get monitoring near me. It's all very overwhelming right now.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You mean RMA? If so, that is a great clinic. Much better statistically than CNY! I think that is an excellent choice!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, its Rma of Philadelphia. But IVF with them for one cycle is $13,750 and CNY is $3,900. That is a huge difference. I would love to go with RMA but we are paying out of pocket so with them we are looking a bit over 20k for one cycle. I'd only be able to do one cycle and if it doesn't work we are done Beacuse CNY is so much cheaper we could do more cycles if needed. This is so hard CNY appointment would be in April they don't have anything earlier. I really want to start asap. I just don't know what to do.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi I don't know about now but CNY did not have a good rep several years ago and sometimes we get what we pay for...So I would definitely look into reviews and FB pages to seek more recent cyclers and their experience.

If you plan to cycle in the next few months, prepare your body, if you have a high BMI try and get it down, eat more protein and eat healthier in general.
    Look into 0% credit cards as IVF/PGD is HIGHLY addicting until you get the "prize"
    2 Boys 6 & 9 yrs old 6 year old IVF and has NF1 - PGD to test for NF1 and Gender

Cycle #1-August 2010-Transferred 1 Girl= BFN
    Cycle #2- Nov 2010- No Unaffected Females to Transfer No Unaffected Males to Freeze
    Cycle# 3- May 2011- 5 Fertilized --Frozen on Day 2 to Batch with Next Cycle
    Cycle #4- June 2011- Transferred 3 Girls=-BFN
    Cycle#5- September 2011-- Day 5 Biopsy-- Grade A Hatched Blastocyst Girl= BFN
    Cycle #6- Different Doctor-Dr Braverman January 2012-Transferred 3 Girls=BFN
    Cycle #7-April 2012 Transferred 6 Girls =BFN
    Cycle #8-July 2012 Transferred 3 Girls=BFN--WTF!
    Cycle #9-October 2012 Transferred 2 Girls- Beta-=13 Chemical Pregnancy...

April 2013- 40 yrs old- New RE- SIRM-NYC/Westchester- Transferred 2 Girl Blasts & 2 Girl Morulas= BFP!!!!

April 2015- 42 yrs old- SIRM- 1 Girl Transferred- BFP!!

Samantha 12/17/13 8pounds 3oz

Ava 12/28/15 8pounds 4oz

My Miracle..http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ht-f...acle-here.html

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will look into it some more. We won't be taking loans out to continue doing more cycles 😔 How were you able to afford so many cycles? How much did it cost you to get your girl if you dont mind me asking? I thought I'm looking at about 20k a cycle?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoblues View Post
    I will look into it some more. We won't be taking loans out to continue doing more cycles �� How were you able to afford so many cycles? How much did it cost you to get your girl if you dont mind me asking? I thought I'm looking at about 20k a cycle?
    It cost me over $100,000 for the first girl and about $20,000 for the second girl. BUT I was also screening for a genetic condition which was way more work and less embryos to pick from as normal ladies just doing gender selection.

How we did it- I worked 7 days a week for 9 years, hubby worked every single overtime shift possible. We cashed out his sick time money every chance we got. We borrowed off 0% interest credit cards... Craziness I know...
    2 Boys 6 & 9 yrs old 6 year old IVF and has NF1 - PGD to test for NF1 and Gender

Cycle #1-August 2010-Transferred 1 Girl= BFN
    Cycle #2- Nov 2010- No Unaffected Females to Transfer No Unaffected Males to Freeze
    Cycle# 3- May 2011- 5 Fertilized --Frozen on Day 2 to Batch with Next Cycle
    Cycle #4- June 2011- Transferred 3 Girls=-BFN
    Cycle#5- September 2011-- Day 5 Biopsy-- Grade A Hatched Blastocyst Girl= BFN
    Cycle #6- Different Doctor-Dr Braverman January 2012-Transferred 3 Girls=BFN
    Cycle #7-April 2012 Transferred 6 Girls =BFN
    Cycle #8-July 2012 Transferred 3 Girls=BFN--WTF!
    Cycle #9-October 2012 Transferred 2 Girls- Beta-=13 Chemical Pregnancy...

April 2013- 40 yrs old- New RE- SIRM-NYC/Westchester- Transferred 2 Girl Blasts & 2 Girl Morulas= BFP!!!!

April 2015- 42 yrs old- SIRM- 1 Girl Transferred- BFP!!

Samantha 12/17/13 8pounds 3oz

Ava 12/28/15 8pounds 4oz

My Miracle..http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ht-f...acle-here.html

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I get the appeal of CNY but their stats are not great. You could try a cycle there and make a deal with your husband that if it doesn't work, you save and go to RMA.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums